New Xbox Bundle in stores.

-Xbox
-Controller S
-Sega GT 2002
-Jet Set Radio Future
-DVD Remote Voucher (Free DVD Kit)
Total = $199

Hmm.... A winner is you! haha....

x box's are still 38X here in australia. i considered buying one but the controller sucks.

the japanese controllers are smaller and easier to use.

you suck.

EDIT: stop trying to drum up business you bogun.

This be fer serious? I could go for some of that action. Play it for a while, then give the extras to my XBox friend and install Linux on the bad boy. That'd rock.

~LoudMusic

$100 Australian and the DVD remote thrown in, and I'll buy one - only because I'd use the hard drive to store music.

Yea.. controller S is the Japanese Controller.

1s.jpg

Imported it from America (to Australia) with Halo and DOA3 and an extra controller and paid about AUS$1200 all up for it.

Never regretted it for a second, I'd pay $1,000 for an Xbox and a copy of Halo inside and the lid glued shut if I had to.

It's now got a few DiVX movies, about 4,000 roms and about 20 games sitting on its 120 gig HD all hooked up via component and running through 5.1 and it's the best console I've ever owned.

Originally posted by vat_man
$100 Australian and the DVD remote thrown in, and I'll buy one - only because I'd use the hard drive to store music.

That's pretty much what I was going to do - use it as a Linux file server on my network. Isn't there some way to put a bigger hard drive in it?

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by Genocide
New Xbox Bundle in stores.

-Xbox
-Controller S
-Sega GT 2002
-Jet Set Radio Future
-DVD Remote Voucher (Free DVD Kit)
Total = $199

Hmm.... A winner is you! haha....

What stores is this bundle being sold in? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

~LoudMusic

Here we go....
==============================================
If you plan on getting the Sega Xbox Bundle at Gamestop/Software Etc./Babbages, then its highly recommended to preorder it (some locations will have by preorder ONLY!). They'll be receiving their shipments on Oct. 11th (tomorrow) at the earliest.......BUT, they won't be selling them until Oct. 15th (the official street date). Currently, the Sega Xbox Bundle isn't even registered in their database, but once Friday comes around...... then should be listed

As for EB, the Bundle too isn't even listed in all their stores computers, but they'll be offering it for walk-ins and whatnot. Recommended to preorder it at EB early next week so you can first dibs!

^^

- Lady K.
==============================================

For you Canucks... Xbox Sega Bundle goes on sale officaily in Canada Oct 18

I'm with this dude...I'd rather have another PS2 sitting next to the old one in case it broke down or I'm too lazy to switch games...that or put the f'er in my car. I'd rather buy another Dreamcast too, even though I don't play it much.....and I'd rather buy a GameCube with no games than buy an Xbox. I'd rather take a kick in the nads than buy an Xbox. I'd rather....I'll just shut up now....I miss those Sega ads where they would just drop the competitions system off a building.....

I'd consider buying an xbox, or a cube if they had some games that i want to play. But so far, none of the games is "Essential purchase"

They look good, but play like s h i t :P

If you don't own one, you can't know a whole lot about the gameplay. That is, unless you put in more than a handful of hours on someone else's Xbox with a Controller S instead of the supersized plastic block controller.

When I first got it, I was a little put off by the assumption that you'd want to use an analog stick for the main control. Analog sticks have *way* too much play and nowhere near enough resistance for me in general, so I prefer the twitchier D-pads and do great with them. Analog sticks just fly all over the place with no resistance until you hit the extreme (stopping with nowhere else to go), causing me to move in jumpy motion as I correct for over- or under-moving. I've experienced this with both SGT2002 and JSRF, the two games that it came with. After a few hours with it, though, I've gotten better with the analog stick and I'm able to be at least competent now.

Gameplay to me is how well the game does what it is trying to, how intuitive actions are within the game and menus, and how the game shows motion (camera angles, visibility, etc). Strictly dealing with SGT2002, I can happily say I like the gameplay as much or better than GT3. Load times are faster, AI is better, physics are just as good, damage is accounted for, routine maintenance is accounted for, graphics are on par, music is worse, sound effects are better, menus are MUCH better, and - perhaps most importantly - I can have multiple saves without having to purchase an additional memory card... well, ANY memory card at all! It really is a great game.

And, when it comes to games, Xbox can match or exceed any Sony offering in any genre. Racing? Sega GT 2002, Rallisport. RPG? Shenmue II, Panzer Dragoon Orta. Shooters? HALO, Gunvalkyrie, MechAssault, and many others. The list goes on. Anything that both consoles have, the Xbox version looks, loads, and is better. Anything exclusive to Sony can be matched or exceeded by an Xbox version.

Now, if you just hate the fact that a big company like Microsoft is in the market (and this makes me laugh because apparently you've neglected to observe just how huge and wealthy Sony is as a company, not to mention every bit as predatory and profit hungry as MS), then go ahead and say that, because it makes a LOT more sense. I have nothing against Microsoft, preferring to judge products by how well they meet my needs, and the Xbox is the best game system on the market, meeting or exceeding my demands of a console (so far... heh).

This doesn't make GT3 a bad game or PS2 a bad system - I plan to play some GT3 tonight in fact - I'm just saying that given the two, it's obvious that the Xbox is the better platform and any unbiased comparison will say the same.

For the record, I do not hate microsoft.

I might not own an xbox, but according to the mass hysteria there's only one game you need. (and you know what i'm talkin about) The rest of the games are somewhat lost in the haze.

Even you typed HALO in big letters, as the first game on your list.. :rolleyes:

Which leads me to believe that the rest is only average games...

And Halo has been confirmed for PC, so I don't see any reason to buy an Xbox.

I don't CARE if the graphics and sound are nicer than the PS2's, I want GAMEPLAY!!

Originally posted by CloneHead
For the record, I do not hate microsoft.

I might not own an xbox, but according to the mass hysteria there's only one game you need. (and you know what i'm talkin about) The rest of the games are somewhat lost in the haze.

Even you typed HALO in big letters, as the first game on your list.. :rolleyes:

Which leads me to believe that the rest is only average games...

I don't CARE if the graphics and sound are nicer than the PS2's, I want GAMEPLAY!!

And Gta3 was confirmed for Xbox in april of last year...it's most likely the same case with halo.

So Clonehead... you are running your speculation off of other peoples OPINIONS?

You should buy one and try the XBox, you seem to not give it any chance even though it seems like you NEVER really played it in the first place.....

Originally posted by LoudMusic
This be fer serious? I could go for some of that action. Play it for a while, then give the extras to my XBox friend and install Linux on the bad boy. That'd rock.

~LoudMusic

(a little off topic)
So how many consoles have you actually installed Linux on and to what purpose does it serve? You must be mad about Linux, simply mad I tell ya. ;)

(more on topic)
If I would have just waited a little longer it would have made the purchase of it a little more gratifying. That's a heck of a deal for sure...

Originally posted by The_Masaru05
So Clonehead... you are running your speculation off of other peoples OPINIONS?

Errm, isn't that what we all do??
You wouldn't buy a game if it hadn't got any good reviews, would you??

I have played games on the xbox. (DOA3, Wreckless, Halo, Burnout, and some other games that I don't remember the names of.)
They all look pretty good, but eventully the eyecandy, wears off. All the games I played, didn't do it for me, sorry...

I don't hate the xbox, it is a fine piece of machinery, but it seems that there is only one game worth owning, and that is simply not enough for me.

"Halo" is very popular because it is one of the best shooters ever made for any system and shooters are incredibly popular in their own right. So, it's only natural that it gets the hype it does. I capitalized it because that's how it is on the game box, not because it was a be-all, end-all game for me.

I don't know, I keep looking at the list of games and I see a ton that should fit anyone's tastes. If *none* of them fit yours, CloneHead, then how many games do you still play on your PS2 and what are they? I'm curious now...

At the moment I play (as it ays in my sign) Mafia, GPL, GT3.
I've just started Hitman 2, and occationaly I play Neverwinter Nights, Dungeon Siege and UT2003. I plan on getting Vice City soon, but I want to finish Mafia first.

But I'm glad you enjoy your xbox.
But most xbox games I would want to play, ends up at PS2 or PC anyway, so I don't see the point in me shelling out for a new gaming system.

Xbox is simply better than PS2, sure PS2 has better games, but does it come with ann 8 gig hdd? Can you play emulators on it? there are a lot of reasons why Xbox is a better console than PS2, and for 200$ it's a steal.

Originally posted by epic
sure PS2 has better games, but does it come with ann 8 gig hdd?

What good is a 8G HD, or even a 100G HD if theres no games that you want to play ? :P

And the PS2 plays DVDs straight out of the box ..

All the games are basically the same except maybe 20, but most of them suck anyways. maybe 5 or 6 games are good but other than that I'd rather buy an Xbox. You can do so much more with it, and you dont have to spend 30$ to SAVE YOUR GAME! :D

and I can play DVD's straight out of the box with my DVD player so :P

I paid 200 for the xbox and got the dvd as a gift. but still either way you look at it you can get the xbox with dvd playback for same as ps2 and a memory card but with the xbox you are getting better graphics and a lot more game save space.

Originally posted by CloneHead

I've seen the graphics for the PC version. They're crap compared the the Xbox.

And when Halo 2 comes out, I'd advise other systems to seriously improve their games.

And because the PC version might have worse graphics, suddenly HALO isn't woth owning .... You just confirmed what I have been saying all along ...

End of discussion.

Originally posted by epic
Xbox is simply better than PS2, sure PS2 has better games, but does it come with ann 8 gig hdd? Can you play emulators on it? there are a lot of reasons why Xbox is a better console than PS2, and for 200$ it's a steal.

Actually you can use emulators on the PS2 (as long as it's chipped) you can get just about anything if you know where to look

At the mo i have over 500 Sega mega drive games on one CD that i can play on my PS2
Ok they may no be great but hey not bad for a wee bit of downloading.

There is also emulators for the commodore, nintendo,(not the game cube) amongst others

Xbox is better than the PS2 why???????Because it has better specifications than the PS2 ..Spec is'nt everything.

The Xbox is simply a souped up Sega Dreamcast thats all .It was Microsoft that put Segas console division out of business in the first place .firstly going into joint development with sega to develop the dreamcast.
Then pulling out shortly after it's realease (whats wrong with this picture)

Then Xbox suddenly appears after the demise of the Dreamcast Hmmmmmmmm

enough said i will end up using this sites bandwidth if i keep on about microsoft.....

Yes i hate microsoft for so many reasons....

I hate M$ also but they still have the best system out so far. You can do a lot more with a chipped xbox than a chipped a ps2. As far as the xbox live, http://www.xbconnect.com/ is a perfect solution to it. As far as emulators go, I believe there are more out for the xbox, and you can even play PC games on your xbox if you install the app for it.

Back