LayNLow
XDGP Round 1: DKing vs DARKEST HOUR

Judges - Suzuki, Ryosuke Gunma. BreakerOhio
Tandem Time/Date - 1/20/2006
Track - Deep Forest(Forward)
Power Limit - 330HP
Tires - N2
Tire Wear - On

These are the FINAL conditions, both of the contestants have PM's with your arena name & password. Be prompt or be disqualified, good luck...

For those interested in setting up challenges...PLEASE READ the XDGP: Rules & Regulations, more specifically the section reguarding issuing challenges & stipulations. If these compeitions are to go smoothly, EVERYTHING needs to be done in an orderly fashion.

---------------------------

And the winnner is.... *drumroll* DKing

Judging details: Tandem analysis by BreakerOhio.
DKing (NSX S Zero):
Positive: Nice risky drifting by swinging it wide and still exiting with a lot of speed. No Risk no Reward. Good use of ebraking technique to induce more opposite lock and extending the drift. Given extra consideration for drifting an MR base car.
Negative: Got a bit too risky on the first lead lap towards the end with the grass, but follower couldn't keep up to take advantage of this.

DARKEST HOUR (Proto Spirra):
Positive: Good recovery for catching back up. Much improved from my last observation of DH in the drift dojo sessions.
Negative: Getting overtaken and not applying enough pressure as a follower car in both laps.
Your ebrake technique on the first corner of your lead lap extended your line out too much to recover thus opening the pass.

Congratulations to DKing on a well drifted victory....
Props to DARKEST HOUR for putting up a good show as well.

Videos:
XDGP: Round 1 & 2 (low quality, 17 megs) - (Please right-click, save as, thanks)
XDGP: Round 1 & 2 (if anyone wants a better quality version just send me a pm and ill be happy to render another copy of this battle at whatever mb the used requests)

Thanks Breaker for the tandem analysis!
also Thanks to BL for hosting the video!

Thanks to darkest hour for the challenge and a well fought battle. I hope this helps increase interest in more xdgp contests.

Downloading it now. Sounds like a good fun idea as it really shows who is a pro drifter, as you only have one run to prove you're the best, instead of filming countless runs and only showing off your best.

Judging details: Tandem analysis
DKing (NSX S Zero):

Positive: Nice risky drifting by swinging it wide and still exiting with a lot of speed. No Risk no Reward. Good use of ebraking technique to induce more opposite lock and extending the drift. Given extra consideration for drifting an MR base car.

Negative: Got a bit too risky on the first lead lap towards the end with the grass, but follower couldn't keep up to take advantage of this.

As from a judging perspective, I am aware of the touch, but also am aware of how I saw it happen and how the rest of the battle ended. Dking took more risky drifts and linked his nicely with good speed as displayed.

DARKEST HOUR (Proto Spirra):

Positive: Good recovery for catching back up. Much improved from my last observation of DH in the drift dojo sessions.

Negative: Getting overtaken and not applying enough pressure as a follower car in both laps.

Your ebrake technique on the first corner of your lead lap extended your line out too much to recover thus opening the pass.

-----------

Congratulations Dking.

good to see this going on. 👍

I've been meaning to get back on xlink but I can't find a spare minute when it doesn't feel like I should be doing something a little more university related.

keep it up guys!

Back