XJR-9 at sarthe 2

What are the best suspension,downforce and gear ratio settings for the XJR-9 at De La Sarthe2. So far the suspension is at defalt, I tinkered with the gear ratio and even with a real tall 5th gear she wont do over 235 (not enough power up top?). Downforce right now is at 50 front and 88(max) rear.
Thanks for all your help, Johnny

The XJR-9 is very unstable i've noticed, best to use another LMP like the R92CP. Also, 235-240 sounds about right for a decent racing setup on Sarthe II.

Generally, go for the suspension at about 10-12, not more, or the car will bounce like there's no tomorrow on the straight. Dampers at 5/7 i'd say.

With the gears, try the trick of adjusting the final to it's max (5.000 or 5.500), then adjust the auto setting lower, after which you can lower the final gear again. The graph should top out a little bit to the right of the top-right corner.

Go to the WIKI from my sig, and you´ll find one or two decent setups. One of them is particularly made for Le Mans.

In my experience, it doesn't seem that your settings/adjustments apply to B-spec. For example, when I was going through the Formula GT World Championship, I had eliminated the rear toe-angle completely, and had a setup that was giving me ~25.5xx second laps around Super Speedway. I was able to complete 30 laps on a single set of tires. However, Buntsworth was only able to run 12 laps before his rears were flaming balls of carbon, and he had to slow down substantially on the last lap to keep from spinning completely out.

Also, I've noticed that B-spec (even with the AIDS turned off) can do a full-throttle takeoff with zero wheelspin, but when I'm in the same car, I've gotta baby the throttle in the first 3 gears to keep from smokin' em.

All of the above leads me to believe that your suspension, aero and drivetrain adjustments are not factored into B-spec.

Ok i have run some test laps and have my Bob running just as fast as me. Wheni leave him on "Push" he is off the track more than on. What number should I leave him on?? also he wont really open it up going down the straight, he is a bout 10 MPH off of me. why is that? Going to start the race again, Wish me Luck!

I'm doing the La Sarthe II race now with the Sauber and when I was setting up the car all I wanted was for Bspec Boofhead to reach a decent speed on the straight. He gets to 355kph with minimum downforce and 335kph with maximum downforce but I get to 400kph with minimum downforce. The other cars seem to only get to 350kph. You have to minimise the 'chattering' on the straight for Bspec to go faster. Reducing downforce was the only way I could minimise the chattering, playing with suspension setups didn't help at all. Never spent much time in the Jag but you might find the same scenario.

What some people don't know is that Bitch-Spec bob uses driving aids. Even if you turn them off, he still is using driving aids. When the car shakes, the ASM kicks in, slowing the car alot more. This is why the A.I. and Bob the bitch can't drive good. A reason for the crashes he does on the mulsanne straight is... I don't know. You notice on high speed turns, bob is flooring it, but the driving aids are always kicking in, causing pain for everyone.

If you run the rebound settings at 10, you'll get rid of a lot of the unstability. Run the bound settings at 5 or 6. Don't lower the car, as Le Mans is a very bumpy track. I run my LSD at 60 all around. It makes the car stable, especially under braking. You'll need some downforce, as there are parts of the track that have very fast turns, and you dont want to lose time in them. Plus, it helps with braking. At the very least, 50% downforce. I'ld rather lose 6mph down the straight than 15mph in the corners.

Lower the spring rates as well. The balance isn't bad on the Jag, so I'd lower the springs about 2 full points each.

A lot of the other settings come down to personal prefrence.

If you run the rebound settings at 10, you'll get rid of a lot of the unstability. Run the bound settings at 5 or 6. Don't lower the car, as Le Mans is a very bumpy track. I run my LSD at 60 all around. It makes the car stable, especially under braking. You'll need some downforce, as there are parts of the track that have very fast turns, and you dont want to lose time in them. Plus, it helps with braking. At the very least, 50% downforce. I'ld rather lose 6mph down the straight than 15mph in the corners.
I figured that the straight is so long and you reach your top speed quite early that a higher speed on the straight would be more beneficial than corner speed but I have indeed set up the Pescarolo with 50% downforce for the La Sarthe I race which I'll be doing as soon as my damn PS2 comes back from repair. I'll try your bound and rebound suggestions too.

Back