Xjr15

• Thread starter lefrog
  • 13 comments
I've always been puzzled by this car...it's veeeery fast but can be a bit unstable at times. I gave another try yesterday and decided to leave it fully stock and not mess with the engine. I was blown away, even with no mod it takes on the big guys...

I love it!

Yip, a fine car and leads to some good, white knuckle racing when pitted against the r390 with 470hp. Does sound like its being revved in a cave tho, and seems anonymous for the heafty price tag.

A good weekend race car :D

It's a briliantly engineered car, it's quite twitchy though.

This car was really a positive surprise. I remember running the Seattle enduro with it, long time ago. The car performed much better than I had expected, I had only bought the car because I was bored and wanted something new to try.

No mod? Mess with the engine? I think you´re talking about the xj220.

Anyway quoting Jeremy Clarkson a Top Gear tester taking the car for a spin(s).

"worst handling car of all times" "...unbelivably scary...bloody hell..." "...this is the loudest thing I´ve ever been in, ever..." "wheelspin there, and again in third gear, and again in forth..." "...c´mon... wow, wow wow wow, spin spin spin..."

A bit of a rough comment I´d say, but he was the one driving and it looked dificult and he was tomato-red and he was sweating.

GT2´s xjr15 is a bit unstable at first but after a slight tunning effort I found him a great drive - great acceleration/top speed for his horses and superb cornering (just a bit on the wild side :D )

I think the XJR15 just needs the rear end tamed, and you're set. A few adjustments to the LSD will work wonders; the suspension is just about perfect, so making turn-in a little tougher still won't create an understeering problem.

It's quite possible to win the GT500 series with this car, a win in the GT-All Stars Red Rock Valley contest with this Jaguar may take some smooth driving.

Originally posted by bla
No mod? Mess with the engine? I think you´re talking about the xj220.

Anyway quoting Jeremy Clarkson a Top Gear tester taking the car for a spin(s).

"worst handling car of all times" "...unbelivably scary...bloody hell..." "...this is the loudest thing I´ve ever been in, ever..." "wheelspin there, and again in third gear, and again in forth..." "...c´mon... wow, wow wow wow, spin spin spin..."

A bit of a rough comment I´d say, but he was the one driving and it looked dificult and he was tomato-red and he was sweating.

GT2´s xjr15 is a bit unstable at first but after a slight tunning effort I found him a great drive - great acceleration/top speed for his horses and superb cornering (just a bit on the wild side :D )

What, are you on about the XJR-15 or the XJ200, cos the XJ220 can be race modded ant tuned, the XJR-15 can't, the XJ220 was given a positive review in TopGear by Tiff Needel the XJR-15 I don't think recieved 1 good review for road use but was very good on a race track.

the XJ220 can be race modded ant tuned

That´s what I was saying. The xjr is a fully equiped race car. Lefrog was implying that the car could be further tunned and didn´t have a race mod so I thought he was talking about the xj220.

The test was about the xjr15. I have all three top gear videos of the two jags: Tiff Needel´s positive impressions on the xj220, Jeremy´s xj220 vs f40 (the last one was slowest in the straights but faster around corners) and Jeremy´s xjr15 vs (well kind of...) mclaren f1. What he did say was that the xjr15 was originaly conceived for the track whereas the mclaren was not. And since he inclusively only tested the car around the track...
At any rate I think "worst handling car of all times" pretty much sums up his thoughts on the car :)

xjr15 takes a bit of suspension/lsd tuning but drive smoothly n its a nut car to drive on gt2. gt500 championship with xjr15 is fun... its about the only real test of driving skills in the game

Originally posted by soul_connector
its about the only real test of driving skills in the game

Welcome to GTP

Its is a good test, but by no means the only test. Give the gt300 a buzz in an unmodded sub 400hp silva :D

What? You can do that race with a unmodded sub 400hp car. I don´t know your method but I have troubles keeping the pace even with low 400s.
Of course if I drive ala move-over style that´s another story but I prefer clean driving since that race particulary catches - with hard competition - the essence of true racing. Hey I drive cleaner than the AI wich by the way can sometimes be pretty dirty - what´s the matter with you? Didn´t you ever hear about defending the trajctory? *BUMP* Guess not.

Still even when braking with your oponent it´s gotta be tough -you´ll get eaten in those straights pretty quickly.

Originally posted by bla
What? You can do that race with a unmodded sub 400hp car. I don´t know your method but I have troubles keeping the pace even with low 400s.
Of course if I drive ala move-over style that´s another story but I prefer clean driving since that race particulary catches - with hard competition - the essence of true racing. Hey I drive cleaner than the AI wich by the way can sometimes be pretty dirty - what´s the matter with you? Didn´t you ever hear about defending the trajctory? *BUMP* Guess not.

Still even when braking with your oponent it´s gotta be tough -you´ll get eaten in those straights pretty quickly.

I have only managed to come third in gt300 with an unmodded silvia. Places like GV east and Deep Forest kill me due to the poor braking and loosing handling. :sad:

With modded 390hp cars the gt300 is tough but do-able. I have won it twice with a 390hp ASpec modded and a modded 394 (i think) hp NSX type S.

:

I've won it in a 328Ci tuned to 360ish Bhp, I did'nt win every race but I won the cup.

Back