xkr coupe vs db7 coupe

• Thread starter bla
  • 6 comments

bla

A duel betwen these brithish FR fat ass luxury coupes has been sugested before so what do you think?
For me? Specwise the fully modded jag takes the lead with less weight, more hp and torque and thus speed but the db7 has better handling and agility.
Oversteer, yes for both but only while cornering under brake presure or hard acceleration
Understeer, well the front doesn´t loose traction in that sense but sometimes both cars don´t bite the track like they should. Large cornering radius - gotta consider the weight.

I did one quick track test at seattle full course. 1:30:xxx for the aston and 1:29:xxx for the jag. The db7´s lap could´ve been better since the xkr´s lap had a bit more work put on it but I kissed a wall wich pretty much leaves them in equal grounds. The gear ratios were also different; the jag had a longer gearbox wich may have worked as a disadvantage, whereas the db7 had a race mod wich allowed for aero adjustments. I´d say with all that weight the db7 could remove some aero support to have some more speed while retaining good cornering performances.
Your thoughts?

i gotta say the only competition i would put these two cars in is a race to the scrap heap. I ve put time into both, and neither really impressed me. With 550ish hp and a race mod, the AM got eaten alive at red rock. the xkr is fun to barrel around midfield in, but as with all AM's, i feel it is a waste of good credits :)

With 550ish hp and a race mod, the AM got eaten alive at red rock.

HOLD IT. Man are you crazy? I didn´t mentioned racing with them, you know with competition and all. All those big powerfull skinny cars kinda :scared: Just good old time trials.
But don´t be so materialistic. Some things you just gotta own for fun and charisma (in the game) and while I reckon not that much gt2ers find interest in british FR fat ass luxury machines I´d say they´re too much of a classic to be left out (heck I´d even own the phaeton if I had the card space.) You shoulda seen that bitmapped crownd going wild when I cruised by in my db7

:cool:

All in all despite not being the performance type I still think these are two close racers and it´s cool to compare them cause they look and feel very similar.

Ok, i see your point. In terms of 'for old times sake and cos they are classics', i agree. Actually i do have the xkr somewhere in a garage, and it makes a good race againt the xjr vehicle. As for the AM, only got the bond car at 330hp, the rest i feel are not even worth the prestige factor :eek:

gimme a muscle car over an AM anyday :lol:

Sorry this is late, but I like the DB7 on the basis of that it's the best looking car ever devised.

That's funnny. I didn't even realize this thread is over a year old till that last post. Anyways, here's my 2ç.

Haven't driven the Aston yet (I've only driven the Bond car, too) but I was surprised by the Jag. No, you can't take it to any race series, but it'll do fine in the GT regionals, some of the Enduros, the FR series...and I even won the Pure Sports Car Cup with it. This is all without weight reductions, too, so it's like the driver loves to race but can't live without his fully-adjustable heated leather seats, sunroof, & climate controls. Yeah, you do have to watch the back-end fishtailing but when it's this heavy the Jag's weight makes it stable.

BTW, my top record @ Seattle in the GTO class (over 2.5 liters) is currently in a Mercedes C43 AMG..again without weight reductions and it had soft tires and full engine tuning on it. I got 1:31.800 so I imagine if I made it lighter I could break that 1:29xxx mentioned above.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
That's funnny. i didn't even realize this thread is over a year old till that last post. Anyways, here's my 2ç.

Haven't driven the Aston yet (i've only driven the Bond car, too) but i was surprised by the Jag. No, you can't take it to any race series, but it'll do fine in the GT regionals, some of the Enduros, the FR series...and i even won the Pure Sports CAr Cup with it. This is all without weight reductions, too, so it's like the driver loves to race but can't live without his fully-adjustable heated leather seats, sunroof, & climate controls. Yeah, you do have to watch the back-end fishtailing but when it's this heavy the Jag's weight makes it stable.

BTW, my top record @ SEattle in the GTO class (over 2.5 liters) is currently in a Mercedes C43 AMG..again without weight reductions and it had soft tires and full engine tuning on it. I got 1:31.800 so i imagine if i made it lighter i could break that 1:29xxx mentioned above.

Great car, the C, ain't it. The rear bumper looks kinda weird, put get some BBSes (my favorites) on it and voila!
Back on topic, I prefer the Jaguar because of the Martin's lack of power in comparison. The AM Vantage is awesome, although it doesn't take a racing mod.

Back