Xlink Drift Comp Format w Tskuba Short 6/18

• Thread starter dking
  • 31 comments
Your input on this format for Xlink COmps...

Any input on rules etc is welcome and will be considered...I will try and update the video with more rules etc.... Thanks

Format Change... One solo Lap each Followed by Chase laps.....ie.
http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...U02TCY2M93QN666

Solo laps judged with points
Points awarded and subtracted during chase laps
(this format allows Competition to be recorded and judged)

Example of Short course @ Trial Mnt Suzuki Vs Dking Updated
http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LV7NLR4VMZUL3D3FZF18M7XD0

Short Course Tskuba Proposed judging style....
want to know what first person view judging can look like? go to Dking's Videos First person View vid.

Maybe this will be exciting with no solo runs....just one lead each on this course
Tskuba Short Course for Xlink D1

cmon guys, give some input here!
Dk and myself experimented with XLink battle formats earlier today.
we have 2 battles recorded, theres one, im doing the other n it should be done in like 20 mins.
i want feedback from everyone!!

im downloading them right now ill upload to a server of 5 or more with good speeds later...;)

my opinion, that battle/video really sucked, stock chaser -_- with a laggy play n u guys dunno how to control the drift key into the drift is using the brake guys like the first turn white chaser took the lead and bumped into dking if u guys are battling or just tandam drifting use the brake its the same as in drifting in real life the video xsquizet posted... wish i had it configured so i can play with u guys... next time make the size of the video smaller please we dont need a big of a file when my videos are bigger resolution from a dang webcam O_O with much smaller size... overall it was all good but just had alot of this and that... im not trynna flame u guys in anyway and u guys probably can drfit better than that but juss my opinion on this video... :scared:

sorry for the quality of the vid but first time using caputer dazzle
so wait for me to learn how to use it the quality will be better

The idea of the vid was supposed to display the format...comments on that will help. Are we moving inthe right direction?

kon2oo5
im downloading them right now ill upload to a server of 5 or more with good speeds later...;)

my opinion, that battle/video really sucked, stock chaser -_- with a laggy play n u guys dunno how to control the drift key into the drift is using the brake guys like the first turn white chaser took the lead and bumped into dking if u guys are battling or just tandam drifting use the brake its the same as in drifting in real life the video xsquizet posted... wish i had it configured so i can play with u guys... next time make the size of the video smaller please we dont need a big of a file when my videos are bigger resolution from a dang webcam O_O with much smaller size... overall it was all good but just had alot of this and that... im not trynna flame u guys in anyway and u guys probably can drfit better than that but juss my opinion on this video... :scared:
wtf? stock chaser? if you can get modified cars on xlink, please tell me how. other than that all you can get is stock cars.
i think both of us know pretty damn well how to control our cars.
and it doesnt matter if we hit each other imo. we arent perfect, so **** can, and will happen!stop complaining about things and get out here n drift and show us how good you are.
we did this cause we are trying to get the xlink battles up and going, so we were out having fun. it was my first day on gt4 xlink.

I think that the MINI RING would be a good Xlink track short and lots of tight turns !!! try that one out guys and show us how it goes !!!

lol i wasnt complaining and i told u guys i wasnt trying to flame but ok... dking, are u using a usb dazzle capture? really simple to use, hmm there are some guides i think on theyre website, http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=1427&Langue_ID=7 ? its really hard for me to use theyre program pinnacle... try windows movie maker i got it once to work but it was crappy since i tried everything but just try it i bet you can get it to work good on windows movie maker... just open windows movie maker then just click next etc then u can choose the quality to whatever u want but me careful man, some of us guys have slow internet (like) me so just choose the highest bitrate for 320 x 240...

anyway... i didnt know all u get to use is stock cars i thought it would be in your "garage" hmm i dont know because i never xlink yet... isnt there an option to choose what car you want to drive and from your garage? (saved car that you bought and put mods etc on it in gran turismo mode)? thats weird... hmm, ill try to play online when i get it up etc okk???

ribs41, youre right autumn mini ring is a perfect place to drift especially in tandam drifting especially the big ol' apex :dopey: but i currently dont have gt4 and ps2 because the ps2 dvd player stopped playing gold format dvds (like my gt4 disc) so i gave it to my friend to fix it and ill be getting it back tommorrow :cheers: cant wait for it... ill try to ask him for cords etc to try and get this xlink up... and i do remember i said that u guys can probably drift better than the one in the video but anyway... long post so i will go hope to see more videos etc... and can i ask what wereyour pings in this video :confused: later...

ok watched second vid ok like a said before if you guys are doing tandam drifting it needs to be kinda short if fast paced like the vid i showed you see how short the course was, just do the best consecutive turn in the track like you go first, then suzuki then it won't take that long for the other guy to lead

xsquizet-drifte
ok watched second vid ok like a said before if you guys are doing tandam drifting it needs to be kinda short if fast paced like the vid i showed you see how short the course was, just do the best consecutive turn in the track like you go first, then suzuki then it won't take that long for the other guy to lead

The Video was not supposed to be tandem but rather a drift battle...we will work on automn mini later today

i thought it was tandem -_- sigh... well practice on the braking to get a perfect drift side by side without any bumps, and yes i know about the lag... what were ur pings on the first battle?

kon2oo5
i thought it was tandem -_- sigh... well practice on the braking to get a perfect drift side by side without any bumps, and yes i know about the lag... what were ur pings on the first battle?

NOTE our pings were at 80 -90 which is on the slow side...pings of 50 an below run a lot smoother...we just wanted to get some type of format out for input on how this will be judged etc...

well you said that the rules will be formula d rules so thats what i thought yall was gonna do not the whole track so yall are tryin to do the whole track for comps

Watch some d1 videos and see how the judging criteria is... Like mentioned earlier, you should just use sections of a track for a tsuiso style battle. For example, in D1GP, they use Tsukuba's S turn, hairpin, and dunlop sign corners (after the 1st hairpin) for their competition.

The supra lost many points for not keeping up with the lead car, as well as correcting and ending his drifts too early on most corners.. The angles were fine, the line(hitting clipping points at the turn apex) and entry speeds for the turns can improve.

With modified cars, I can imagine it being easier to meet juding standards.. but the concept is still great.. keep working on it guys. =)

ya, i told him i was really sucking on thoes laps.
yes i was the supra, and yes i did suck badly on thoes runs!
but i had fun, and thats all that matters really.

Doing a whole lap is WAY too long 👎 . You should use just a good section of a track, not do entire laps. I like the idea you've got though. It's good to see something a little bit different. Nice work... 👍

240slideWAYS
Doing a whole lap is WAY too long 👎 . You should use just a good section of a track, not do entire laps. I like the idea you've got though. It's good to see something a little bit different. Nice work... 👍

Since most want it shorter we will be working on it stay tuned to this post!

imo i like a whole lap format.
because if its like 2-4 corners, and you mess up on one of them, thats a huge loss already!! when your doing whole laps, you can make it up somewhere else, and not be as worried.
but i understand where you all are coming from wanting shorter sections.
DK and i will work on that and update this thread with progress.

Back