XSquare's Gallery of (Mostly) Rotaries [Newest: 7/11/19 DJ Demio, 6 TCR, and Random Crap]

Discussion in 'GTS Photo Mode & Scapes' started by XSquareStickIt, Nov 7, 2018.

1. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

XSquare's Gallery of (Mostly) Rotaries!

[​IMG]

Hello all. I shoot photos in GTS as a hobby. Probably nothing too special here, and certainly not very professional. Figured it was better to open my own gallery than to hope for someone to open a "Manufacturer X Photos" thread, heh.

Here are some quick links to jump to a certain collection of photos.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A - daily
    Mazda RX-7 Spirit R "Sakura FD"
    Mazda RX-7 GT-X
    Eunos Roadster NA Special Package (NA)
    Mazda Roadster S (ND)
    Mazda Atenza Gr.3 "Magikarp x Hiroshima Carp Atenza Gr.3"
    Honda NSX (NA1, NA2)
    Lexus RC F GT3 "Kozukata Yuuri"

(coming soon!)
    Dodge Viper GTS (SR II)
    Dodge Viper GT3-R (VX I)
    Ford F-150 SVT Raptor "Camo Truck"
    Others

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Sojiira and AgentBlackDog like this.
  2. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A
    Last Update: 17/7/19

[​IMG]

My main car in GTS, though severely neutered and crippled with the transition from GT6 to GTS. Most glaringly, it lost its optional 6 speed gearbox, lacks any aero enhancements, and cannot receive chassis strengthening, all of which are the first steps to tuning any RX-7, in my opinion. Nevertheless, it looks nothing short of spectacular in GTS' graphics, and I've slathered mine with decals to set it apart from others while being uniquely "me" (even if it destroys the look of the car shut up!). To date I've clocked over 8000km on it in spite of these flaws, and wistfully await a major update and overhaul to the customisation of GTS to realise this beautiful beast's true potential.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GT Sport's physics are almost like a woman's... monthlies, shall we say. It's impossible to create a tune and have it behavior stick across updates, so I've given up on my "main" blue FD and instead resorted to driving around a stock blue FD... yes, I have multiple. It's Gran Turismo after all, not NFS!

[​IMG]

Yikes! This is why I get uneasy even when thinking about lowering a virtual car. This FD is entirely stock, with factory spring rates and ride height. It looks just about ready to kiss the carousel even then. Now if only I could run absurd spring rates like 18kg/mm like real life tuners do......

[​IMG]

See, another reason why I dislike Scapes in this game is because the steering wheel doesn't rotate past 180 degrees, which is about 7 degrees of rotation of the front wheels. You can steer the front wheels up to about 25 degrees, so it creates a visual disconnect between the front wheels and the steering wheel. I know it's a minor quip but uuuurgh I can't unsee it once I've seen it, you know?

Used to be that the steering wheel didn't even TURN with the wheels in previous games during Photo Travel, so... progress, I guess?

[​IMG]

A family of competitors.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Sojiira, svenhjs666 and AgentBlackDog like this.
  3. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC)
    (Updated 17/7/19)

[​IMG]

Unpopular opinion: as big a fan of Mazda and their Rotary Sports Cars as I am, I find it very difficult to love the 2nd generation of RX-7s, chassis code "FC3S". It has appalling and downright scary/ dangerous handling characteristics by today's standards, with slim 205mm tyres all four corners, a weak chassis that can even feel overwhelmed by the stock 200HP, a super soft suspension, and more ride height clearance than planes. Aesthetically it borrows heavily from the Porsche 924, which directly contradicts Mazda's usual claim to fame: their creativity and looking at things differently. It has a lopsided 54/46 F/R mass distribution in spite of being a Rotary Engined car which boasts a light engine up front, and for a Rotary Engined car it doesn't even make most of its torque up high. It also has the aerodynamic properties of Swiss cheese.

Here's me trying my darndest best to love the FC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

FC in the snow would be both tranquil and horrifying at the same time.

With the 1.39 update to Scapes introducing a new category of Scapes, this one scene I don't seem to remember being in the game prior to 1.39. Heck, I still can't find it even in the "Snow" Selection. I would've put a normal family car further back partially obscured by the FC, but Scapes being what they are, OF COURSE I couldn't do that. Urgh.

AgentBlackDog and Sojiira like this.
  4. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Mazda RX-7 "Sakura FD"
    Livery Download Here.

[​IMG]

My first, and so far only attempt at a full racing car livery (because I'm lazy and artistically impaired). The design of this livery is heavily based off of Need for Speed World's Sakura livery (because I'm artistically impaired).

The FD RX-7 has been love at first sight for me ever since I played GT1 as a kid, and it arguably shaped the way I see and think about cars, maybe even my personality. I believe sports cars should be selfish, uncompromising, and idealistic. The styling of a sports car should also blend "hard" aggression with "soft" beauty, which is epitomised by the FD RX-7. With all the crazy tuners of Japan taking their RX-7s to setting track records with gigantic, aesthetically destructive aero parts, I wanted to try taking the FD in the opposite direction and experiment with a more feminine approach. As such, I tried very hard in this livery's design to not break, but complement the natural lines and curves of the FD. The FD is one of the very few cars that could get away with pink, and being a Japanese sports car, it just lent itself well to a Sakura (cherry blossom) themed livery. I imagine this could be a car to parade around or be used in public appearances to drum up support for if and when another big disaster hits Japan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(as you can probably tell I haven't driven this thing much...)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  5. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Mazda Roadster S (ND)

[​IMG]

My first purchase in GTS at launch - a Soul Red Premium Metallic Mazda Roadster S. It... has been crashed a lot as I struggled to wrap my head around the HORRENDOUS tyre model and force feedback of GTS at launch. As such, in spite of how drop dead gorgeous it looks, looking at it reminds me of a pretty bad time in my life. I've tuned it up to the peak of N100.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sojiira likes this.
  6. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Magikarp x Hiroshima Carp Mazda Atenza Gr.3

[​IMG]

Livery Download

My profile has :MOST: of the custom decals used in this livery as well. If you see something that isn't there, feel free to request that I share it!

[​IMG]

I don't do full racing liveries often, but when I do, HOT DAAAARN am I proud of them or what? This here is perhaps the one I'm the proudest of, even moreso than the Sakura FD I did eons ago: a Magikarp Atenza Gr.3!

[​IMG]

Top view.

I initially had a LOT of trouble coming up with a livery of any sort for this car, because while it is a stunning looking car in production guise, in the world of racing cars it's like trying to put makeup and bikinis on pregnant women to try to get them to out appeal full fledged models, you know? A sedan is just never out to out appeal full fledged racecars like the Viper or Huracán, you know?

[​IMG]

Front view.

Another reason why I had such difficulty in creating a livery for this car was because I wanted to keep Mazda's flagship colour, Soul Red Premium Metallic, on the car. Being a high contrast, deep colour that is astonishing to behold in real life, it creates a lot of dark areas in the car's body, so small decals tend to get lost in the paint. I... tend to do small decals.

[​IMG]

Rear view.

The reason why I suddenly decided to try my hand at a Magikarp themed Atenza was because I was new to online racing and also struggling with this car in races, being a Front Engined, Front Wheel Drive car in production guise, with an optional AWD, and then converted into RWD by Polyphony Digital for Group 3 racing... it's nothing short of a mess. It has no weight over its rear tyres, especially in low speed corners. The engine, being based off a diesel sedan engine, has nothing up top, and somehow even less down low, with torque SPIKING in the mid range, making for some hairy corner exits. Being so front heavy it chews through its front tyres mercilessly, and has no weight over the rear to put power down at all so THOSE burn up with excessive spinning too. Not to mention, you know, it has high drag and cg for being a sedan.

Being new to online racing and trying to drive a rather stupid car, that was when I decided, you know, if I'm going to fail, I am going to put all my commitment and passion into failing! Hence why the idea of a Magikarp livery came to me. I mean, I COULD just go drive something else, but winning is overrated.

[​IMG]

Right view. Perhaps it's FIA regulations, but I kinda dislike how the Atenza, in spite of being a Japanese car, has its steering wheel swapped to being a Left Hand Drive car. I'm more used to right, and quite honestly it's not a big deal but LET ME WHINE FOR A BIT OKAY.

While most of my cars are largely symmertrical in design, this one has a few differences from left to right. For now, I just want to point out the Magikarp on this end is actually a Ditto! I traced the Magikarp by hand from Sugimori Ken's official artwork, and then custom made a derpy Ditto face for it JUST for this car.

[​IMG]

Bonnet close up. There is a 500 Poké Dollar price tag on it, the price to buy a Magikarp in the Kanto games.

I'm usually terrible with accent stripes or whatever those lines that follow a car body's creases are called, but I'm slowly starting to learn the nooks and crannies of the game's livery editor... you know, more than a full year of playing the game later.

My usual problems with Mazda decals remain: that they don't seem to have high quality pngs of their own darn logos online, so I have to take s:censored:ty, lossy, blurry JPEGS and guesstimate from there, and do a lot of painful manual tracing/ editing of the svg file. The MZ Racing one was a particularly painful one because it's oddly obscure for an official Mazda Motorsports arm.

[​IMG]

Moving more towards the front is perhaps the most irritating tow hook in the history of motorsports. If you know me, I love to put my own custom "TOW!" decals with an arrow pointing to the tow hook. With the Atenza, the front bumper has been bored out to within a toothpick's width for maximum air intake, which I can't blame PD for doing, but it leaves me NO space to put any decals.

So I made a derpy Magikarp face with what space I had, so now when the car is being towed it looks like a fisherman caught a Magikarp!

[​IMG]

Orange accents on the wheels and side mirrors, to mirror Magikarp's colour scheme. It's only when I decided to do a livery based on Pokémon do I realise just how well designed each of them are; even when their general theme is borrowed for something completely unrelated, like racing cars, their basic design elements still find a way to shine and exude personality. For example, how well red and gold go together for that auspicious look, those derpy eyes that are so simple yet work so, SO well, etc..

[​IMG]

Showing off a copyright notice by Game Freak even though I had no reason to. For some reason it just adds so much authenticity to the car.

I also custom made a racing number... thing, using Mazda's official font for the "55". It's going to get covered up by the game's auto generated ones in races that require them, but anywhere else I think my custom one looks better :p

[​IMG]

A closer look at the winglet, featuring the Pokémon logo, a Poké Ball, and a Pikachu, mirrored on the opposite end.

[​IMG]

I have no idea what the heck this is, but it highly irritates me that they go through where the license plate would be in a production car. I'd have loved to put a license plate on my racing car to further highlight the link and similarities between road and race cars, and I could even have done something neat like try a Mazda license plate but NOOOOO this stupid thing had to be there.

So I took the space to credit myself for this livery, and made the license plate into a Nintendo Switch.

While I usually have my own custom "TOW!" decals for my car, they would clash with the Pokémon theme of this car, so I had to make a custom one for Pokémon. Wasn't hard to find a font generator online for the Pokémon font, actually, in contrast to freaking Mazda logos and fonts.

[​IMG]

A small detail on the rear diffuser is that the entire diffuser is carbon fibre, but painted white, with the vertical bits in bare carbon, to mimic the colour scheme on the tail fin of Magikarp.

[​IMG]

Another annoyance I encountered during design is that the fuel intake was right where the rear right window would be on the road car. This meant that I couldn't mirror my design on the left of the car onto the right because they'd be broken up by the fuel intake, so I had to do an impromptu Google search on what a baseball looks like (hey we Singaporeans aren't big on baseball okay?!) and do a rather poor mock up of a baseball for the Hiroshima Carp logo man to smack.

[​IMG]

Top view. The Magikarp is actually traced from the 3D model of Magikarp in the 3DS Pokémon games. In those games, Magikarp usually flops about helplessly on its side, but when rotated it actually looks pretty energetic, as though leaping into the air from underwater!

Also, all 28 Poké Balls, traced from their 2D sprites in the main series games, are featured here! I've always been a Poké Ball collector in the games, not sure why they always fascinate me so, so here's my nerd side spilling out XD

[​IMG]

The rear window of the road going car has been swapped out for a solid, opaque piece, presumably for structural rigidity improvements. What's fun/ annoying about this, depending on when you ask me, is that you get a whole new surface to decorate with decals. So I made a waterfall with a Mega Evolving Gyarados with every sprite of Magikarp from Red/Blue/Yellow up to DPPtHGSS exploding away from it.

[​IMG]

Front fender view. I had initially wanted to copy my Atenza Gr.4 design over to the Gr.3 car, but the extended fenders of the Gr.3 car kinda makes it impossible. I was spiting this fat, ugly, fender, which somehow gave me the inspiration to make it into the side fins of Magikarp. Interestingly, the daytime running lights on the front fender has a black bit that extends the black lines of the fins!

The chrome bits on the front grille wasn't supposed to be carbon fibre, but I can't make the front lip CF without the decal spilling over to the grille, so I had to make them both CF.

Hey, doesn't ever hurt to have CF on your car, right? Except when they stiffen the crumple zone of a car and end up killing you in a crash, maybe?

[​IMG]

Front 3/4 view.

[​IMG]

Rear 3/4 view.

[​IMG]

A family of competitors.

[​IMG]

Gran Turismo - The Real Unblock Me Simulator.

Flipping Scapes. They allow for 3 cars per scene but can barely fit ONE.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  7. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Honda NSX (NA1, NA2)
    (Updated 17/7/19)

I never thought we'd ever get the "real" NSX in Gran Turismo Sport, let alone two of them! (even though they're both garbage competitively but that aside...) The NSX is a car I always spend most of my time driving instead of shooting because it's just that darn good, but every time I fool around in Scapes, they prove to be surprisingly photogenic as well, and once I get started I end up spending hours on it. Such is the beauty of the original NSX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My very poor attempt at recreating Estoril Turquoise Pearl on the NA1 NSX. While I love the Type R, I kinda wish we had the 97-00 NSX as well, because I'm a fan of pop up headlights, and the 6 speed, bored out 3.2 V6 is sorely missed. I mean, I wish we had the NA2 Type R as well, AND the NSX-R GT, but I know when I'm asking for too much, *sigh*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I legit CANNOT get enough of the NA howl of the NA2 NSX-R GT. So much so that I'd drive a GT500 car around Bathurst... with GT AI :scared:

Sojiira and AgentBlackDog like this.
  8. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Lexus RC-F GT3
    (Updated 1/3/19)​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

「人生は時にはコーヒー1杯の温かさの問題」
    "Life's problems can all be settled with the warmth of a cup of coffee"
    -Intersect by Lexus, Toukyo

My first attempt at an "Itasha", or just simply a car design featuring Japanese animation characters. This livery is my first attempt at an "Itasha", a term the Japanese use to describe a car featuring anime characters. The woman I've chosen to feature is Kozukata Yuuri, one of the main protagonists of Fatal Frame 5/ Project Zero 5, a horror title released on the Wii U.

So, okay, hear me out on this, okay? The first time I thought to do a Yuuri livery on a racing car was a few weeks back, when we had this Gr. 4 Race at Bathurst at night as the weekly race. Fumbling through the dark mountain roads with nothing but my own headlights to guide me, and feeling pressure from all around me, it really reminded me of how I felt when I watched a Fatal Frame 5 playthrough. The yellow lights just somehow reminded me of the warmth of Yuuri, and I thought, "you know, wouldn't it be cool if I made a creepy livery on a racing car? Imagine how the guy behind me would feel when he shines his lights on my car!" But for the longest time I didn't act on it, because a) I HATE having to deal with svg files, and b) I'm artistically impaired as should already be evident by now. I didn't even know what car I'd put a Yuuri livery on, given that most racing cars are just so... loud, brash, in your face, which is the exact opposite of Yuuri.

When choosing a race car to attempt a Yuuri livery on, I decided that so much of the game's appeal and "soul" was Japanese, that, on any non Japanese car, Yuuri would look like a fish out of water. Offerings from Nissan, Toyota, Honda, the GT-R, the Supra, and the NSX are so... in your face aggressive, it didn't suit Yuuri at all. I wound up going with Lexus and their RC-F because it's a car I feel that looks comparatively modest, and retains some soft, feminine lines in its design even in race spec. Still, it was somewhat inconceivable to do a Yuuri livery on a racing car, because racing car bodies are real estate, to be drowned in as many sponsorship decals as possible, resulting in rather "shouty" looking cars, which I guess is the point. But what I had in mind was... a quieter livery. I think I managed to make the car "pop" with sponsorship decals while at the same time not being too obnoxious with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one took me about a week to do, and I have never felt like killing myself after looking at a livery design I made, but hey, there's a first for everything, right?

[​IMG]

Front view. The orange/ white/ black colour scheme on the front bumper area is meant to recreate Yuuri's clothes when viewed from the front, with the fender vents on the bonnet being her bare shoulders.

[​IMG]

Rear view. The writing on the bottom of the wing, 「私は治りました…」, roughly translating to, "I'm cured", or as the English localisation team translates it, "I'm not sick anymore", is a really striking line uttered by Yuuri repeatedly in the game, and I wanted it to be in a rather discreet, yet obvious place to creep people out.

[​IMG]

Front 3/4 view. The left side of the car features a (very poor recreation of) Fatal Frame 5's logo, along with Yuri Kozukata written in Romanji.

[​IMG]

Rear 3/4 view. The right side of the car features Yuuri's name in both Kanji and Katakana, as featured in the game. I chose the right side because Japanese cars are right hand drive.

[​IMG]

Top view, where I've credited myself for the livery.

[​IMG]

「人生は時にはコーヒー1杯の温かさの問題」, a rather difficult line to translate, is translated as "Sometimes a cup of coffee can make all the difference." by the localisation team, is one of the very few happier lines by Yuuri in the game. I had originally planned something darker and creepier to take the place of this banner, with multiple creepy, painful lines crossing over and overlapping each other, but in the end, I decided that I like Yuuri way too much to want to see her sad again, so I went with the coffee quote in a happier orange.

[​IMG]

A closer look at the rear license plate. This being a racing car of course it didn't come with one, but, happily, the spot where the license plate would be on a road car is completely undisturbed on this race car, making it easy to plop in a decal of a license plate. Here, the view from the Camera Obscura is overlain onto the license plate, which reads "Kurosawa". "Kurosawa" doesn't appear on license plates in Japan, meaning that the font normally used for license plates doesn't have the character set for 「黒澤」. Hence, I've had to substitute it for the game's font. "3xx" is designating the car's size, and the "19" that follows is Yuuri's age when the events of the game takes place. "Ko" is chosen for the Hiragana because "Kurosawa's Antiques" is "Kottou・Kissa Kurosawa" (Antiques, Coffee, Kurosawa) in Japanese. Finally, 02-02 is chosen for the numbers because Yuuri's room is on the second floor of Kurosawa's Antiques, and she sleeps in a room that used to be Kurosawa's.

[​IMG]

"Tow" written in the Calligraphic font used in the English versions of the game. The arrow pointing to the tow strap is actually those... things... that appear at the edges of a screen to inform you of an item's location that's offscreen. People who play First Person Shooters know what I'm talking about, right? When these red things appear at the edges of the screen when you get shot from the side or behind?

[​IMG]

A ZF logo I took the liberty to modify into the shape of the ZR button on the Wii U. The game displays the ZR button to prompt you to pick things up in the game, though it usually appears on the bottom right of the screen. The bottom left of the rear bumper is already taken up by the Tow decals, so I've had to put this on the left instead.

[​IMG]

The Winglet features a SARD decal, long time supplier of Toyota's racing efforts, most famously on their Supras in the early 2000s. The winglet's design mimics that of Yuuri's notebook/ diary, hence the lines and the stenciled "NOTEBOOK" font on the left.

[​IMG]

Bonnet view, featuring (most of) the game's Japanese logo. I really could not be bothered to trace the drowning woman that serves as the backdrop to the Kanji character, because every time I use Inkscape I get so frustrated I feel like I could kill somebody, and Gran Turismo Sport's primitive, restrictive requirements for svg files really don't help. Heck, this entire livery is a harsh lesson for the perfectionist me in setting goals, managing expectations, and striking a balance between practicality and lofty dreams. I butchered just about every asset of the game I put on this car because this game's phenomenal art style really doesn't lend itself well to being converted to svg format, not to mention I'm hardly a tech geek myself, which is why it took me so long to convince myself to just be proud that I created something in the first place, and share it.

[​IMG]

A very kiddy looking Camera Obscura, one of the two main things that make me ashamed to share this livery. It... looks like something a 3 year old kid put together and UUURGH.

The rounded racing number goes where the lens normally goes, with 19 being the number chosen because Yuuri is 19 when the events of the game takes place. Of course, in actual races, you're almost never going to see this design of racing number applied, nor will I be guaranteed to be 19th in the lobby, but hey, it's a nice detail, RIGHT?

I also love how coincidentally the "F" logo on the RC-F lines up on the top corner of the Camera Obscura, making it look like an F branded camera.

[​IMG]

Reason number 2 of why I'm so ashamed of this livery looking at it makes me want to jump off a cliff. With how retarded GTS is with handling svg files, it almost doesn't accept ANY gradients at all, meaning it's hella difficult to shade in characters. Of course, with certain art styles of anime, that's not a terribly huge issue; especially the ones that only have 2 colours, but Fatal Frame is so beautiful and so... not this and... URGH. I WANT TO PUKE.

[​IMG]

Front tow hook, this time written in Kanji and utilising a red... reticle? Is that what those things are called? The "Ganbarou Nihon" decal above the Lexus logo is to mimic the red ornament she has at her chest level that holds her orange... clothes... together...?

[​IMG]

Also, COINCIDENTALLY, Yuuri's breasts land on the flared side skirts of the car, making her boobs pop out on their own. I DID NOT PLAN THIS. I AM NOT THAT LEWD (okay maybe I am BUT THIS ISN'T WHY I LIKE YUURI OKAY?!)

[​IMG]

I brought it out on a quick spin on Suzuka a few weeks back right after completing the design. If you think I'm a horrible artist, wait until you watch me drive!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Cytoria and Sojiira like this.
  9. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Eunos Roadster NA Special Package

[​IMG]

YES! The NA Roadster is back! Now we just need the NB and NC Roadsters, and the family will be fully assembled! Still feels a little odd to not have a million variants of each generation of Roadsters, but we're slowly getting there, aren't we? ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Colour splash! I tried recreating one of my favourite colours that came on the NA Roadster, "Sparkling Green Metallic". With the reintroduction of the NA Roadster to the franchise, I was finally able to accurately match the paint of "Classic Red", and slap it on an ND Roadster, replicating the special edition ND Roadster released by Mazda in 2017 in Classic Red.

[​IMG]

Hmm... what to buy...

[​IMG]

NA Roadster, FD RX-7.

Story time: while I slapped a license plate on this Titanium Grey Metallic Spirit R RX-7, I never really drove it, or even brought it out for photo shoots until now. The license plate is meant to thank the person with a stock Spirit R RX-7, in Titanium Grey, who was super friendly when I met him all the way back in 2015's RX-7 meet in Daikoku Futou. Back then I didn't even have a driving license, and took a cab into the industrial reclaimed island, with no access by foot. 'course, I wound up stuck there once the time came to leave, since, you know, taxis don't really GO there to pick up passengers, being an industrial area and all. Since I was already all chatty with this RX-7 owner, I asked if there were any other way out of the freaking place... nope. I mean, he did what he could, he wrote down a taxi company's number on a piece of paper and handed it to me, leading to the most awkward phone call in all of recorded human history. But it was a moment I'd never forget for being so amazed, embarrassed, envious, impressed... etc..

The number plate is an exact replica of his, though the last two numbers are swapped out for "39", pronounced "san kyu" in Japanese, which is exactly how "thank you" is also pronounced in Japanese.

[​IMG]

Oil pressure gauge, because RACECAR.

I'm happy and angry at the same time to report that the oil pressure gauge functions correctly in the car. Happy because it, well, works, but angry because if they can get the oil pressure gauge to work WHY CAN'T THEY GET THE BOOST PRESSURE GAUGE TO WORK PROPERLY ON THE FD.

10. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

17-6-19 Randomness

*Sigh* I don't know if it's typical depression symptoms, or if the game is so genuinely not fun anymore, but I've had a LONG layoff from GTS. Here's a few shots from me re-learning how to drive and shoot again.

I know all of these shots belong in earlier posts but let me bump my topic okay is it so awful to want some attention?!

[​IMG]

I legit CANNOT get enough of the NA howl of the NA2 NSX-R GT. So much so that I'd drive a GT500 car around Bathurst... with GT AI :scared:

[​IMG]

FC in the snow would be both tranquil and horrifying at the same time.

With the 1.39 update to Scapes introducing a new category of Scapes, this one scene I don't seem to remember being in the game prior to 1.39. Heck, I still can't find it even in the "Snow" Selection. I would've put a normal family car further back partially obscured by the FC, but Scapes being what they are, OF COURSE I couldn't do that. Urgh.

[​IMG]

GT Sport's physics are almost like a woman's... monthlies, shall we say. It's impossible to create a tune and have it behavior stick across updates, so I've given up on my "main" blue FD and instead resorted to driving around a stock blue FD... yes, I have multiple. It's Gran Turismo after all, not NFS!

[​IMG]

Yikes! This is why I get uneasy even when thinking about lowering a virtual car. This FD is entirely stock, with factory spring rates and ride height. It looks just about ready to kiss the carousel even then. Now if only I could run absurd spring rates like 18kg/mm like real life tuners do......

[​IMG]

See, another reason why I dislike Scapes in this game is because the steering wheel doesn't rotate past 180 degrees, which is about 7 degrees of rotation of the front wheels. You can steer the front wheels up to about 25 degrees, so it creates a visual disconnect between the front wheels and the steering wheel. I know it's a minor quip but uuuurgh I can't unsee it once I've seen it, you know?

Used to be that the steering wheel didn't even TURN with the wheels in previous games during Photo Travel, so... progress, I guess?

[​IMG]

A family of competitors.

Cytoria and NBDESIGNZ like this.
  11. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Sardegna

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1992 NSX-R at the newly added Sardegna Road Course. Sardegna brought back something to GT Sport that it had been lacking before, yet I can't quite place my finger on what exactly makes this track so beloved by many, myself included.

[​IMG]

Interestingly, all 3 layouts of Sardegna Road Course share the same home straight and pits. I dislike pits that dump cars right onto the racing line, though...

[​IMG]

Some photos shoot themselves. This one certainly did, but even then, I think I spent like 10 minutes fiddling with sliders to make it look JUUUUST right.

It's truly been a long time ever since I've felt my powerless Japanese :censored:boxes gain so much speed on a downhill. Perhaps that's what Sardegna brings to GT Sport that it had been missing: bumpy, hilly, tight circuits that I enjoy so much, yet is still wide and smooth enough to run racing cars on.

[​IMG]

Man if only all these eco friendly windmills made my gas any cheaper huh.

[​IMG]

The last corner of Sardegna Layout A before the slight right kink onto the home straight. This corner almost has a hypnotic way to lull drivers into thinking that the corner is further than it really is, baiting late braking mistakes easily. It's not just me coming up with racing driver excuses, either; one of the competitors in a 3 way battle for the lead on the last lap of the Gran Turismo World Tour braked late and smashed into this wall shown here in one heck of a nail biter race.

At first, I thought this half wrecked wall was put in as a cheeky nod to that race from PD. But, watching that race back, I realised that this wall was already half wrecked in the World Tour premiere of this track, which makes me think PD has a way of playing with our perception and making corners seem farther than they are... okay ignore me and my crappy creepypasta sorry for wasting your time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gran Turismo Sport is as annoying as the ocean is wet, but even so, I find myself enchanted by it all the same, perhaps even moreso than the previous titles. The game has a sort of quiet charisma I can't quite put into words, but every time I boot up a GT game, I feel like I'm immersing myself into another world, being taken along for a ride, be it reading about cars from one make that spans 50 years, or even learning how to do SVG files to make my own liveries.

And while I'm still one of the worst drivers in the game to play frequently, I'm glad that even someone like me is catered for, as even I, with my :censored:ty driving, can find close, competitive races and do photo shoots like these. Thank you PD, thank you Kaz.

[​IMG]

MIDGET GR.3 RACE CAR MAKE IT HAPPEN KAZ.

[​IMG]

So I heard this thing is good at rallying.

[​IMG]

Apparently, you need skill to make a good car run well. Here's me attempting to rally a 40-ish year old MR car on factory settings and no ABS.

It didn't go well.

[​IMG]

You know what's the good thing about photos? You can make even the worst of driving look cool :)

[​IMG]

Is it just me, or are Dirt tyres in GT Sport way too grippy? It's very difficult for me to provoke a slide in any car on corner entry in comparison to the previous titles, and even when I get a car sideways, there just doesn't seem to be any way to hold a slide; the tyres are so grippy that any counter steer corrects the car. There doesn't seem to be a mid-ground at all to hold a slide. Then again, I'm no professional driver, so who knows.

12. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Rain Bull Ring

[​IMG]

Rain is here! Rain is here! ...oh, wait, I'm late in posting this, and now everybody's losing their minds over Spa? O-okay...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wet runway!

And here I thought I was the only one insane enough to race GT500 machines with Real grip settings. I chanced upon a Japanese lobby and had this rather entertaining race.

WHY DON'T BACKFIRES LOOK CORRECT IN SPEEDING SHOTS.

[​IMG]
    As if these GT500 machines aren't legalised death traps on their own, now we're sliding them around in the wet on a track they weren't made to race on!

[​IMG]
    My first attempt at a bokeh photo in GTS. Haven't had much bokeh worthy situations in the game thus far, and even calling this shot a bokeh is a bit of a stretch.

[​IMG]
    I know rain is notoriously difficult to simulate correctly on both the graphical and physics sides of things, but this shot captures two of the most glaring faults of GTS' rain: Normal racing lines, in comparison to the rest of the track, don't become perilously slippery in the wet like they do in real life, since water and oil don't mix, and rainwater brings the oil from the road and floats it above. Not to mention, parts of the course that are the usual racing lines are usually the most worn parts, a feature that was prominently showcased in wet Nurburgring in previous GT titles. On the graphical side, cars do kick up a lot of rainwater behind them as they should, but the spray doesn't collect on the windscreen if you drive right behind another car, making visibility much better than one would expect.

[​IMG]
    I think YOU'RE the fake NSX around here! You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good en- I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS!

[​IMG]
    I think I need to readjust my TV settings again... photos are starting to look too washed out on my laptop screen again *sigh*

[​IMG]
    With rain officially reintroduced to the series, I can finally flex my MSO windshield wiper!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Le Mans machinery is way too scary in the wet, even with Heavy Wet Tyres. I daresay Group 1 is entirely undriveable if the comparatively weaker, 5 speed 787B is anything to go by.

Cytoria likes this.
  13. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

The Moisturising 1.45 Update

[​IMG]

1.45 has GOT to be my favourite update in this game's 2 year-ish life thus far. I legitimately could not stop playing the game; and even when I did stop, it was to create more decals, or to think of what else I could do next. The Camaro ZL1 1LE was a rather unexpected addition, and a huge blast to hoon around. One thing kept leading to another as I played on and on, experimenting with the redone tyre models, which I have to say are a HUGE improvement over what is seemingly a joke by comparison, the previous tyre models. For the first time since the game's launch, I finally felt confident in a car. I finally felt like I could trust and know a car. And I had some of the most scenic locations, both race and Scapes, to try them out on.

[​IMG]
    Aged eyes of the Evolution.

[​IMG]
    I keep telling myself I'd stop reusing this comp whenever I'm in Toukyo Central Outer Loop, but then these photos keep shooting themselves. It's not my fault, y'all.

[​IMG]

Ill intentions snaking through the urban streets.

[​IMG]

Toukyo sightseeing express!

I JUST REALISED THAT THE BOOST GAUGE DOESN'T WORK IN THE FC, LIKE, AT ALL. In the FD, it semi worked, because at least it could go between no boost and full boost, but this one in the FC legitimately does NOT move at all!

[​IMG]

Help my windshield wipers are stuck lol.

[​IMG]

A brief respite.

[​IMG]

Industrial Japan.

[​IMG]

Uphill braking is usually easier because the hill helps slow your car down. Duh, right? But, in the wet without ABS, braking on the uphill, especially without ABS, poses a significant risk of locking up your front wheels due to the weight of the car being more concentrated on the rear than usual. Of course, you could just not be an idiot and set your brake balance to something less extreme than what I have, or... you know... just drive with ABS like a normal person.

Granted I'm not even AT the uphill section of the braking zone yet but shut up and let me sound smart for a bit.

[​IMG]

Toyota: We DoN't WaNt OuR cArS iN gAmEs ThAt PrOmOtE iLlEgAl StReEt RaCiNg

Other manufacturers: lol.

[​IMG]

As overjoyed as I am that Toukyo is one of the very few locations blessed with nights and rain from the gods above, I can't help but to lament how odd light reflections look on the wet night roads. I mean, you can't look at this and tell me this looks right. You just can't. At a standstill, they look breathtaking. I think it's something wrong with how the game processes a panning shot at speed that makes the reflected lights look... so... grainy.

[​IMG]

Still, hot darn. I love the ZL1 1LE. With the same engine as a C7 Z06 'Vette, I can't help but to lust for an actual C7 Z06, or even a ZR1. Let me tell you, that supercharger isn't shy about expressing its views of FREEDOM!

[​IMG]

Cops are human too: the photo.

My lobbies have trouble attracting people. I don't know why. I started a lobby with my own settings so that I can shoot my GT-R Safety Car in the wet Toukyo with other cars, since the Single Player mode is STUPID in this game and won't allow it. So when this guy waited for about five minutes for me to conclude a previous "race" to start a photo shoot, I was so, so happy. He was even a great sport too, maintaining my GT-R's pace even though his supercharged LT4 Camaro would've eaten my GT-R alive, and pulling off spectacular drifts. Zep, hats off to you my man. Thanks for being a sport.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red hot temper, I refuse to hold back anymore.

[​IMG]

Trying to replicate a rather tonally dull shot that got me some measure of recognition back in GT6. Though, with how much GTS' camera lets you do, it's difficult to not get a little overboard, eheh.

This location was introduced in Ver. 1.45, and this handful of Scape scenes actually wet your car to go with the surroundings, in stark contrast to the dirt and snow Scapes scenes that leave your car looking showroom fresh whilst plopped in the middle of a blizzard. Still, I am not without my complaints with these wet Scapes; you can't turn on windshield wipers, and I still think the rain is way too light on the car body. Not to mention, there aren't even any raindrops. Shots taken of cars in motion still don't kick up water, which I realise is quite impossible to do in Scapes, but it still ruins the realism. With all this said, this session will probably be my first and last time I shoot in wet Scapes.

[​IMG]

I still find it funny/ awkward how some cars don't come with roofs. Okay, fine, Formula Racers, concept cars, and other such weird oddities get a pass, but the poor ND Roadster that's been in the game since launch has no excuse to not have its soft top up rendered, especially given that later convertibles added in subsequent updates, namely its older brother the NA Roadster and its superior nemesis, the S2000, all come with soft top up and down versions.

During gameplay, and in Scapes, the interior of the ND, along with the driver, miraculously stay dry whilst the exterior gets droplets of water on it as per usual.

[​IMG]

A mostly recycled comp and settings from the last Roadster shot. All these wet rocks just made me have a hankering to drive a lifted, souped up pickup truck over them, heh.

[​IMG]

I was hoping I could achieve those super sped up photos, you know? Where people walk by at ten times their normal speed and leave blurs and afterimages of themselves before an unmoving camera? The crowd in the background of this scene inspired that, but seeing as I can't make people move in this game, I had to settle for another car instead to provide the blur. The end result isn't what I was going for, but I think it stands on its own merit regardless.

[​IMG]

I was really surprised to see Malaysia's inclusion in GTS, seeing as... how do I put this... I don't have a good impression of Malaysia, and if Malaysia was going to be included in a racing game, you'd think the Sepang Circuit would be the first thing anyone would include. But, nope, we got a Scapes scene at the exposed parking area at Kuala Lumpur.

[​IMG]

American car meet in Kuala Lumpur?!

14. max351

max351

That RX-7 shot mamamia :drool:

[​IMG]

My favorite shot ever on GT sport

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    XSquareStickIt likes this.
  15. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Spa and Rain EVERYWHERE!

[​IMG]
    SPA IS HERE, SPA IS HERE!!!

[​IMG]

The evening rain setting of Spa I find is a PERFECT match for the Kozukata Yuuri RCF GT3 I designed some time ago, as the character in her own game does have a very heavy emphasis on... er... how do I put this... getting wet. And the orange sun is as breathtaking as is thematically fitting.

[​IMG]

Raidillon Eau Rouge. Oh my dear god, how I've missed you and Spa as a whole. While Spa isn't QUITE my favourite racetrack in the world - Bathrust slightly edges out Spa in that regard - Eau Rouge is, without question, my favourite set of corners in the entire world. Not only is it an intense, adrenaline filled test of both man and machine, but Eau Rouge just MAGICALLY produces great photo opportunities, at ANY TIME, with ANY CAR. I LOVE THIS CORNER TO BITS. I LOVE SPA.

[​IMG]
    In the rain with wet tyres and GT3 cars, you'll need to brake slightly for the uphill right hander, but even then, only a slight dab. Eau Rouge is so magical, I can't even find the right words for it.

[​IMG]
    Hard braking zone into Bruxelles. Even in the dry, the downhill entry into Bruxelles is surprisingly steep; provoking overspeeding and understeering, not to mention putting insane stress on the front tyres. In the wet, the problem is exacerbated even more, and really makes the driver struggle to find grip. Do you shift brake bias more to the front in attempt to get the front to bite in more? Or shift it more towards the rear and hope you have enough traction on the downhill to properly slow the car down?

[​IMG]
    Update 1.47 brought us four new cars: a brand spanking new EV Porsche Taycan, a historic, iconic race car in the Red Pig Merc, a properly insane Aventador SV, and... a DJ Demio. Guess which ONE I actually bought, and bought 3 of.

The interior of the Demio was was actually a really pleasant surprise, and it goes to show how much attention to detail PD continues to put into these cars that they're adding into the game, absolutely free of charge. The Demio actually has a working, real time fuel economy readout on the dash, a working trip odometer, a clock on the centre screen, some type of gear selector readout I can't make much sense of, and even an outside ambient temperature readout! Heck, it even has a fully functional HUD! ON AN ENTRY LEVEL HATCH!

Of course, to make these readouts look believable in real life, I had to use 1x fuel consumption, so, yes, I actually drove over a hundred kilometres in a bone stock Demio just to take this ONE shot.

Which reminds me, I've yet to test of the i-stop works on the Demio. Shoot.

[​IMG]

This 650S was actually driven by someone quite competent, but got bunched up with zocker and I due to some butt clown whacking him off at Les Combes. I didn't think much about this car and driver until I went about shooting this set of photos, but I very quickly fell in love with this 650S' design, both the livery and the natural shape of the car in general. This one looks inspired by an old fighter plane of some sort in my estimation, what with its flat olive green paintjob and British flag. The design is so simple and minimalistic, yet it does the job so effectively. With battle scars from having been hit face first into the wall, it only sells its aesthetics better, ironically.

[​IMG]
    From this angle, it looks like zocker is hitting the 650S into a spin, but it was the dirty tyres from Les Combes that caused the 650S to spin. Heck, in trying to avoid the 650S, zocker actually slowed down suddenly in front of me, causing me to hit him.

Yeah, this was a really messy race. Lobby races tend to be pretty ugly, which is a shame. Perhaps it's not so much an inherent problem with the lobby system, but moreso that Sport Mode has raised the bar so high that lobbies look like cesspools in comparison.

[​IMG]
    A really aggressive move by the McLaren driver (pilot?) into the inside of zocker at No Name. I take this opportunity and follow through with the McLaren, although the Atenza is so disgustingly slow that I couldn't keep my lead going into Pouhon, so I lifted and let the better driver take the ideal line.

[​IMG]
    Turn 18 is taken flat out in some GT3 cars on the Racing Soft tyres we're running, but what makes it flat is if you push the track limits like zocker here, barely leaving two wheels on the asphalt, which gives you a wider entry into Turn 18. To be fair, zocker does seem to be forced wide by the McLaren, but if it's legal and faster, it is therefore encouraged in the world of motorsports.

[​IMG]
    THREE WIDE INTO THE FINAL CORNERRRRR!

You can actually watch the full race here:

[​IMG]
    One weird thing about GTS' rendition of Spa is that they have multiple bollards at the apexes of corners, which is thoroughly confusing, because the bollards are placed WELL within the track limits; for example, I believe you can have two outside wheels on the green part of the rumble strip and still be within track limits, yet the bollards barely allow the inside wheels to ride the rumble strip. Hitting them doesn't earn a penalty either, so I'm really not sure what purpose these serve. It's not like the bollard on Fuji's Coca Cola corner either, where the turn is blind and the bollard marks the apex of the corner.

[​IMG]
    Dirt tyres are WAY too grippy in this game; I've had to do whack stuff to my Raptor just so it could start a slide on the dirt. No, no I can't hold a slide.

[​IMG]
    Dawn of the Delta.

[​IMG]
    I am SO jealous of people who can make convincing vents/ fake body parts on their cars.

[​IMG]
    Under pressure from the pocket rocket.

[​IMG]
    Through the WOODS. Haha, get it...? Nevermind.

PD's rendition of what a rally stage in Colorado Springs might look like is a really tantalising aspect, not just as a stage, but as a place to visit and live.

[​IMG]
    So we tried to make it rain at Route X. We wanted to shoot high powered street cars. We also forgot to put on wet tyres.

And this moron pulls off a drift at 370+km/h in his Aventador SV.

[​IMG]
    Even in 6th and 7th respectively for my GT-R and my friend's Aventador, AND AWD, we were actually still spinning our wheels the entire course until we reached the 2nd tunnel in Route X which was sheltered from the rain. The tunnel that houses the Start/ Finish line surprisingly isn't sheltered, so rain falls as per usual there.

[​IMG]
    You know, I could've sworn that the Special Stages were based on Japanese expressways, but now that GTS tags each course to a country, I'm surprised to learn that SSRX is actually in America.

[​IMG]
    Chased up Eau Rouge by a Taycan.

[​IMG]
    I can't get this shot to look right.

Sojiira and Cytoria like this.
  16. Cytoria

Cytoria Premium

@XSquareStickIt , I don’t know if I prefer the text or the pictures, both are great! :cheers:

XSquareStickIt likes this.
  17. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

DJ Demio, 6 TCR, and Other Random Unrelated Crap

[​IMG]

Let's be honest: even a Mazda fanboy like me can't pretend that the Atenza is a good looking car, at least, in the context of Gran Turismo and its GT3 and GT4 focused gameplay. As a sedan, it is one of the most gorgeous, but as a racing machine? It's like trying to stretch a bikini around a pregnant woman to try to get her to look pretty; it's just never gonna work. It's never going to look as appealing as the bona fide supercars, like the Vipers, the 458s, the Corvettes, etc..

For the longest time, I didn't have a Atenza Gr. 4 livery I was happy to show off. Thankfully however, Mazda recently just revealed the Mazda3 TCR, which sports a very basic design. On its own, the design isn't anything special, but being able to say that this livery is a replica of a real life racecar lends it some credence and appeal, don't you think? Funny how our brains work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know I didn't shoot many photos of it despite liking it a lot due to my own bias as the creator, but I think a straightforward, simplistic shoot is the best way to represent and show off a straightforward, simplistic, minimalist design, no?

(That's just my marketing gibberish for, "I'm artistically impaired okay leave me alone")

DJ Demio

[​IMG]
    I'm probably the happiest guy in the player base of GTS when PD introduced the DJ generation of the Mazda Demio into the game. The Demio has heavy sentimental value to me as it was the first, and so far only car I've ever had the privilege of driving in Japan three years ago, albeit that was the prior generation, DE Demio... and it was an automatic... and it was stuck in its Eco mode and I couldn't figu- *cough* ANYWAY, I replicated the number plate of the DE Demio I rented in Japan and slapped it onto a Grey DJ. Did you know that Japanese license plates have special characters set aside to designate rental cars? That way, it's easy for other motorists to tell when someone may be unfamiliar behind the wheel.

I don't know if it's just me being a fanboy, but Mazda's Greys are simply amazing to behold, not just on the cars they were meant to go with, but for other applications as well. Fun fact: Meteor Grey Mica is actually the wheel colour of my FD RX-7 in this game.

[​IMG]

I rented the Demio three years ago to attend the annual RX-7 gathering at Daikoku Futou, a reclaimed, industrial island in Yokohama. It's highly distinctive both in its design, what with its endlessly spiraling ribbons of roads with a rest stop/ Parking Area nestled in the middle of it all, and also because it is a well known gathering place for car enthusiasts. I was so elated to find Daikoku Futou's inclusion in GTS, even if just as Scapes, that my first few photos were shot there. Now I have a Demio to plop here as well. I actually love the Demio not just for its striking, distinctive, and beautiful design, but also because it blends in so well in the background as normal traffic in Scapes: something I feel is sorely lacking in this E Sports focused title.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unrelated Crap:

It would have been two posts in a row without a photo of a Rotary, so this shot is here to preserve my own sanity. I mean, my entire freaking existence is random crap that doesn't relate to anybod- OKAY JUST ENJOY THE PHOTO.
    [​IMG]

Cytoria, Sojiira and at1503 like this.