Yes again, Settings for 04 Subaru STI Spec C that work?

• Thread starter irocnrl89
  • 12 comments
Anyone? I have spent hours on this personaly, I've used evey setup in the archives, and every one I can find on google. Still none are right, has anyone been able to figure this out?

I may help you, as I've just been tuning that car some days ago. But it might help me if you could define what you mean with "no setup is right". What does the car wrong with those setups?

Regards
the Interceptor

This car pushes worse than any car in the game, its hard to be fast with it. When you have to break sooner into the corner and accel later out of the corner, muc sooner and later.

irocnrl89
This car pushes worse than any car in the game, its hard to be fast with it. When you have to break sooner into the corner and accel later out of the corner, muc sooner and later.

I would recommend that you click the link in my sig to Scaff's tuning guides:tup: Download and have a read and then attempt setting up the car yourself.

There is no magical set up out there that will work, only one that works for you and your individual driving style, so be carefull of "Ready made" set-ups - treat them as starting points.

Whilst I dont have GT4 to hand and cannot look at this car in detail, to tune out understeer some (Very basic) tips are:

Lower and soften the front of the car/Raise and stiffen the rear (Springs, dampers and ride height)

Raise front camber/lower rear camber

Lower front stabiliser bar setting/raise rear

And have a look at the toe settings as they might help also. Its all in the guide, easy to follow and satisfying when you achieve something good!

Hope this helps

regards

Dave

Yeah, OK. I can give you a good setup that is proven to work with me. It has had thorough testing from me. I am not lying that this is a good setting. Courtesy of Duċk:

Suspension
-Spring Rate: 12.5 / 12.0
-Ride Height: 107 / 137
-Bound: 7 / 7
-Rebound: 8 / 8
-Camber: 1.9 / 1.7
-Toe: 0 / -2
-Stabilizers: 4 / 3

LSD
>Front
-Initial: 5
-Acceleration: 5
-Deceleration: 5
>Rear
-Initial: 5
-Acceleration: 5
-Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 20

Driving Aids
-ASM Oversteer: 0
-ASM Understeer: 0
-TCS: 2

Brake Controller
-Brakes: 9 / 9

Transmission
Autoset 14.

VCD

Ballast
-Weight: 0

If you find these settings useful, Please approve via the red tick.

Cheers

T4 GTR

Yeah, that's the setting I linked to, it works really well. And there's another point - what car are you comparing the Impreza with? Of course, even with the perfect setting, it will never be as sharp as a race car. But you can make this be one quick saloon, if you work on it.

Regards
the Interceptor

the Interceptor
Yeah, that's the setting I linked to, it works really well. And there's another point - what car are you comparing the Impreza with? Of course, even with the perfect setting, it will never be as sharp as a race car. But you can make this be one quick saloon, if you work on it.

Regards
the Interceptor

Yeah...
It works much better than the stock settings, but you still get a sense that you have to turn the DFP 25° before the wheels actually turn.
I compared it to the 22B and it went much better. So if these settings don't work I don't know what will.

Cheers

T4 GTR

OK Last Resort, If the settings the Interceptor and I posted didn't work, I have come up with some more-:

OK They didn't come out right.

Look at my new post.

Cheers

T4 GTR

T4 GTR
OK Last Resort, If the settings the Interceptor and I posted didn't work, I have come up with some more-:

Equipment Selection
Muffler Racing Suspension Original
Racing Chip Sports Transmission Full Customize
NA Tune None Clutch Triple Plate
Front Tires R5 - Super-soft Flywheel Racing
Rear Tires R5 - Super-soft Carbon Driveshaft Equipped
Nitrous Equipped GT Auto - Wing Equipped
Turbine Kit Stage 3 Limited Slip Full Customize
Intercooler Racing AYC None
Supercharger None VCD Equipped
Brakes Racing Weight Reduction Stage 3
Brake Controller Equipped Increase Rigidity Equipped
Settings
Setup Item Front Rear Setup Item Front Rear
Spring Rate 16.0 16.0 Stabilizers 7 7
Ride Height 76 76 Brake Balance 3 3
Shock Absorbers 10 10 Downforce 0 0
Shock Bound LSD Init. Torque 35 60
Shock Rebound LSD Acceleration 60 60
Camber Angle 0.0 0.0 LSD Deceleration 5 5
Toe Angle 0 0 Nitrous 100
Gear Ratios
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th Final Auto Set
2.969 2.195 1.700 1.374 1.159 0.986 2.500 1
Driving Aids / Other
ASM
Oversteer ASM
Understeer TCS Ballast
Balance Ballast
Weight AYC VCD
0 0 6 50 97 10

T4 GTR,

Which track are these settings meant for? irocnrl89 didnt state what tracks he was driving and what power he was using in his original post.

A set up for track A may not work for track B, precisely the reason I suggested he have a go himself using a guide to help.

I cant help feeling the set-up you posted above looks suspiciously like everything is set to maximum, which wont work too well in my opinion, thr R5 tyres will offer unbelievable grip but the handling will be suffering, especially on more bumpy circuits.

Lets get some more info as to circuit/power specifics irocnrl89:tup:

On another note I drove this car this evening on N2 and N3 tyres for something Im working on and really felt it was great, no understeer issues as long as the braking points were respected in time, there was slight on limit understeer but nothing more than the safe "Engineered" in type which would be expected.

regards

David

Dave_George
T4 GTR,

Which track are these settings meant for? irocnrl89 didnt state what tracks he was driving and what power he was using in his original post.

A set up for track A may not work for track B, precisely the reason I suggested he have a go himself using a guide to help.

I cant help feeling the set-up you posted above looks suspiciously like everything is set to maximum, which wont work too well in my opinion, thr R5 tyres will offer unbelievable grip but the handling will be suffering, especially on more bumpy circuits.

Lets get some more info as to circuit/power specifics irocnrl89:tup:

On another note I drove this car this evening on N2 and N3 tyres for something Im working on and really felt it was great, no understeer issues as long as the braking points were respected in time, there was slight on limit understeer but nothing more than the safe "Engineered" in type which would be expected.

regards

David

They worked fine for me for all of the races in the event.

Here are the READABLE settings. You may need an excel viewer if you don't have Excel.

My formatting went wrong in word.:grumpy:

I think I uploaded my test settings as with the R5s but in my final post I realised about R3s or R2s would be better

There you go then.

Cheers

T4 GTR

Attachments

• Subaru Impreza WRX STi spec C (Type II GD).zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 11
Okay, I've been fiddling with the settings of this car for some time now, and I've come to the following conclusion:

The tyres are the limit of this car. You can actually get rid of the understeer, at least of the major part, and make this car drive neutrally. But with medium sports on, it starts sliding over all four wheels if you try too hard. With racing tyres, it drives really well, and soft sports tyres also go well, but mediums or lower are an absolute nono with this amount of power.
Of course, you can also start working on the other end and reduce power. Even with some 300 hp, this will still be quick, and you'll have a much easier time in the corners.

Regards
the Interceptor

Back