Yet another Driving Force Pro question..

• Thread starter Jedi2016
  • 0 comments
But unlike many of the threads I came across in searching, this one hasn't been asked before, as near as I can tell.

It's actually quite a simple question, really, and has nothing to do with the wheel's features (like every other thread I found), but rather with the wheel's construction.

How big are the clamps that the wheel uses to secure itself to tabletops, etc?

The reason I ask is that the table in my living room has a rather large "lip" on the underside, to help support the top. This lip is inset about 1" from the edge, so I know there's not enough space there to clamp onto. The lip extends down just over 3", which added to the 1" thick tabletop, means I'd need clamps at least four inches long in order to reach around this lip to properly lock onto the tabletop. From the pictures I've seen, the clamps aren't this big, but I'm hoping that someone who owns one of these can tell me how far the clamps can reach, or perhaps provide better pictures of the wheels/clamps construction than the pics and info on the various official sites. All they have is one product pic and the discription simply indicates that the clamps exist, but gives no specifics.

I'm still up in the air about getting the wheel (I've used ye olde Dual Shock for so long..), but I know I'd be pretty miffed if I spent that kind of money on the wheel only to realize that it couldn't be mounted to anything. Then I'd have to spend the extra money on either a lap attachment, or more like a whole new coffee table setup for my living room. Which I don't really want to do, since I'd basically be buying the wheel to play just one game (GT4, although I'd no doubt use it on GT3 as well until the fourth game is released).

Thanks in advance!

Back