Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Pretty cool

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Meh, I've seen better, not that excited

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I'm an idiot and I don't like it

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
I stumbled upon this while I was looking for pictures of Gran Turismo 4. I don't fully understand what it says but it have a pretty good idea and it looks and sounds like the hottest thing to hit the block since the Playstation 2. A HAND HELD PS2.:drool:HOLY 🤬. It's called the PSP. If someone that speaks German can translate this for us, that would be appreciated. go to http://www.gamefront.de/ to see what I'm talking about.

It says they shifted shipping to the USA and Europe back until 2005. Should appear world wide by the end of '05.

imo, the PSP has potential...if they can manage keep the prices of the games and system down to fight their main competitor in the hand-held market, Nintendo

But I think Nintendo might release a new hand-held device to combat the new PSP....considering the small sizes of the Gamecube discs, Nintendo could easily make a small portable player that plays all the Gamecube titles.....I think that would give Nintendo a slighter edge compared to Sony

I'm very interested to see what kind of graphics Sony will be implementing for the PSP. The size must be kept realistic in order for the PSP to succeed in the hand-held market...and with the size implication, I also question the graphics and how well it will look on such a small screen..

No company has ever lasted against nintendo in the handheld market...I knew n-gage was going to be crap..I feel nintendo will rule..but that new Nintendo dual screen thing..i feel its going to do bad too...why would nintendo put out another system to compete against itself...i think they will lose the money made from GBA with this nintendo DS...

I dont know About sony, Maybe they can make it in the handheld market...I mean they do have lots of support from bigname companies..Imagine playing ff While on the bus or train..MAN that would be Great...If sony Does great with this psp..then i think nintendo will go into a software only business like sega since their gamecube isnt doing to well compared to xbox an ps2. So all their money comes from the GBA

Yes, the PSP is quite old news now. Just because you're late to the table doesn't mean it's new to the rest.

EA will have no less than 11 titles for PSP. KOEI, THQ, Namco, Activision, and others will develop for PSP. Criterion Software, which created the RenderWare engine (GTA3/VC, Burnout, Sonic Heroes, Kill.Switch, Manhunt), stated today that it will support PSP. IGN has an article about the specs here.

In my opinion, Nintendo should is very worried about the PSP. Nintendo did a 'Crazy Ivan' when they heard about Sony's entry and created the Nintendo 'DS' just to have something to compete against PSP a few dayss after the PSP announcement. Think before you speak, Darin. Sony is planning a worldwide simultaneous launch for PSP. If you haven't realized yet, that includes America, Darin.

The first screens were just released of a game called Death Jr actually and are pretty good. It's actually just slightly less powerful than the PS2 and will debut next year in North America. Price will probably be 199-299 USD. Anything more and it won't sell, Sony knows this.

Originally posted by importfan1
My question is that what kind of batteries will it take? Because if it takes regular batteries, than that will most deffently suck.
im guessing it's gonna have its own battery type thing, that u just need to recharge every so often

Originally posted by the_cobbinator
And it's really a handeld PS 1.5. The graphics are about on par with most late 90's early 00's games.

Hello Neighborr. The PSP is more like a PS1.9. It's power is nearly the same as Ps2, It even has 40mbs of ram. The newly released tech demos are in bad quality but show what it can do, Cant judge something unseen.

I'll have some cash put aside for its release in 1 year.

Yeah, this is old news, but the PSP seems pretty awesome. Wouldn't it be sweet to have a handheld version of GT? Er...but the steering wouldn't be the same without an analog stick :(

Let's hope this isn't another N-Gage :banghead:

Originally posted by ZoSo
Yeah, this is old news, but the PSP seems pretty awesome. Wouldn't it be sweet to have a handheld version of GT? Er...but the steering wouldn't be the same without an analog stick :(

Let's hope this isn't another N-Gage :banghead:

The psp will have a Digital pad as well as an analog stick

Sweet,i just hope they keep it under 300 Euro otherwise i don't think many people will buy it.Actually 300 is way too much for a handheld but considering that is it way ahead of any other handheld except the new Nintendo DS it's woth it's price,i think.

i heard they were going to make it bigger better, this is what i found.

Attachments

• fake_ds_mockup.jpg
    fake_ds_mockup.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 16
Back