You know you have it - *THE* M3 settings for Nur

• Thread starter TheMocoMan
  • 29 comments
United States
Virginia
TheMocoMan
:bowdown: oh great and wise TuNeRs. Certainly somebody on this board is a big ///M3 fan and is creaming in their pants driving the Nurembergring. The default settings on the ///M3 CSL are pretty decent with R/M tires fully tuned but it's still a little wobbly. Anybody dapen/smooth it out to where you can blitz around the Nurm in 7 minutes?

TheMocoMan
:bowdown: oh great and wise TuNeRs. Certainly somebody on this board is a big ///M3 fan and is creaming in their pants driving the Nurembergring. The default settings on the ///M3 CSL are pretty decent with R/M tires fully tuned but it's still a little wobbly. Anybody dapen/smooth it out to where you can blitz around the Nurm in 7 minutes?

I've got a race ready M3 GTR, M5, and 120d. I haven't done too many hot laps around Nurembergring, but have all 3 cars wound pretty tight. I'll get those specs for you sometime thurs if you don't have them yet.

2004 BMW M3

racing suspension:

all are the same front and rear because the bimmer has perfect weight distribution:)

this is what i race with when using n1 tires, i expect that this setup will be good with sport tires also.

PS. turn ASM off!!!i dont have any aids on, but if you must, use the traction control.

i find that in this case, the limited slip only causes the car to understeer. if i was going to put a limited slip on, i would have 60 strength, 60 acceleration, and 5 deceleration. if you want less oversteer when you lift off the gas, just heighten the deceleration number.

50/50=orgasm
2004 BMW M3

racing suspension:

all are the same front and rear because the bimmer has perfect weight distribution:)

this is what i race with when using n1 tires, i expect that this setup will be good with sport tires also.

PS. turn ASM off!!!i dont have any aids on, but if you must, use the traction control.

Would this Setting also work with the M3 GTR????

nah sorry, the GTR has a V8, not the I6, so there is a lot more weight on the front end. what i ended up doing with the stock suspension on was i added 200kg @ 50 balance, that evened out the car. that setting should work for it if you do this, it might be heavier and in that case you should up the camber 1-3 degrees front and rear. if you want, i will win the car again and set it up.

50/50=orgasm
nah sorry, the GTR has a V8, not the I6, so there is a lot more weight on the front end. what i ended up doing with the stock suspension on was i added 200kg @ 50 balance, that evened out the car. that setting should work for it if you do this, it might be heavier and in that case you should up the camber 1-3 degrees front and rear. if you want, i will win the car again and set it up.

Ok that would be sweet man thanks

50/50=orgasm
nah sorry, the GTR has a V8, not the I6, so there is a lot more weight on the front end.

This is not precisely true. The GTR's V8 is less than 80 lbs. heavier than the iron-block S54 six found in the M3 and M3 CSL, and due to the fact it's shorter, can be mounted further back in the engine bay than the straight six. The front end of the GTR is also longer than the production M3, allowing for better weight distrubution.

Even the 4.9 liter V8 from the old E39 M5 is only roughly 65 lbs. heavier than the S54.

M

thanks for clarification, i just noticed that the GTR race and street car understeers a bunch more than the m3 or m3csl and by adding weight to the rear i achieved nuetral handling. bull ill try to set it up by tonight.

I won the M3 GTR in the M CUP and couldn't wait to take it to the supercar festival. I couldn't believe how poorly it handled with the driving aids turned off at the default race suspension settings. I thought it would be a great car, but it's an understeering PIG! It took me while to tune the suspension to a point where it could be driven with throttle lift to set up and then steadily apply the gas so it didn't come around completely. It's pretty much fully tuned as you might expect since I was using it for the supercar festival, and although I won the series, I was tired after driving it for those races. The car is fast and handles prety well now, but is literally on the edge of being out of control. Finessing this car around the track requires almost zen-like concentration and control ofver the steering wheel and pedals. :scared:

I may try some of the settings mentioned in this thread to make it a little easier to get around the track. I was able to hold off the Cadillac Cien in every race despite only having 560hp in the M3. 👍

i just lapped aroudn the ring in 8:00 with N1 tires, heres the setup:

449 hp
stage 3 weight reduction
chassis stiffening
comp chip
racing brakes (7f,12r)
triple clutch
race flywheel
carbon driveshaft
full downforce
no driving aids
racing suspension:
9.6 spring
79 ride height
5 bound
7 rebound
0 toe
3.3 camber
7 stabilizer

this car does in fact have a neutral weight balance, i dont know why the stock suspension makes it understeer to much. there is nice oversteer at lower-speed corners, this car is really solid through most of the ring, with sport or race tires equipped you will need to max out the hp on this car to equal its handling ability. good luck

this setup was done with n1 tires, so race tires might make the car stiffer.

Here are my M3 CSL settings.

Spring rate 9.2 9.4
Ride height 84 84
Bound 8 8
rebound 3 3
camber 2.0 1.0
toe 0 0
swaybar 1 4

downforce 30 30
All driving aides off

Full custom limited slip - Default setting
Medium Race tires.

EDIT: when this car is tuned to over 500 hp, tcs 1 limits wheelspin just the right amount

Lap Nurburing in 7:45 with 369 hp and I am still not 100% familar with the course yet. This setup is so balance that you can actually throttle steer in some corners. You will need a bigger rear bar on street tires, this is the race tire setting. I'm confident that the car can get close to 7 minutes flat but I'm out of money.

Jaberwocky

Spring rate 9.2 9.4
Ride height 84 84
Bound 8 8
rebound 3 3
camber 2.0 1.0
toe 0 0
swaybar 1 4

downforce 30 30
All driving aides off

stage 2 lightening

Medium Race tires.

Around 369 hp

I just adapted those settings to my M3 CSL,(setup on medium sport tires/ 520 hp, no spoiler either) and they worked quite nice...

i did the nurburing with my m3 gtr (590hp) in 6:90 (saved the replay)without adapting my suspense and all that other tuning bull****...

and it was the first time I did that circuit (i only did a little part of it before when I did the test for my license and i B-speced it with "deutsche touring ....") but I couldnt do it a second time...
I'll try to get a better record...maybe if someone posts a good setup(suspense and stuff) i can prevent smashing in a wall or losing control after I go a little bit Airborne
(sometimes I also have understeering (i think itis when you steer, but your frontwheels dont have enough grip))

greetz

Jaberwocky

Spring rate 9.2 9.4
Ride height 84 84
Bound 8 8
rebound 3 3
camber 2.0 1.0
toe 0 0
swaybar 1 4

downforce 30 30
All driving aides off

stage 2 lightening

Medium Race tires.

Around 369 hp

Lap Nurburing in 7:45 and I am still not 100% familar with the course yet. This setup is so balance that you can actually throttle steer in some corners. You will need a bigger rear bar on street tires, this is the race tire setting. I'm confident that the car can get close to 7 minutes flat but I'm out of money.

I tried that setup on my CSL and it was like a dream to drive compare to the orginal setup :D I got the time down to 6:27.598 but with some small crashes, i used handcontrol. Mine CSL is more tuned tho.

Jaberwocky

Spring rate 9.2 9.4
Ride height 84 84
Bound 8 8
rebound 3 3
camber 2.0 1.0
toe 0 0
swaybar 1 4

downforce 30 30
All driving aides off

stage 2 lightening

Medium Race tires.

Around 369 hp

Lap Nurburing in 7:45 and I am still not 100% familar with the course yet. This setup is so balance that you can actually throttle steer in some corners. You will need a bigger rear bar on street tires, this is the race tire setting. I'm confident that the car can get close to 7 minutes flat but I'm out of money.

im also quite impressed with those, used them on my m3 gtr. ran a 6:08 on the first and only lap i had time to run. car handled like an absolute dream. nice work 👍 im looking forward to getting this under 5:50 when i get home tonight.

I like my car to be a bit loose.

I can't believe that the M3 CSL settings works well for the M3 GTR. I'm going to try it. 💡 Plus there's some fine tuning that needs to be done anyways since my CSL has <400 hp and no brake controller, and no stage 3 lightening. :) This game is so fun, I wish I didn't have to go to work.

Jaberwocky, cheers for those settings, absolutely spot on...very adjustable on the throttle which makes a change having used GT4 for a few weeks. We currently have a 'ring challenge at work we just started involving RR/MR/FR max 450bhp and NO race tyres. I can still only remember the first 3rd of the track properly but am down to under 7:30. Am trying various other things like VX220's (max 360ish bhp available) and am not getting close yet.

Ben

You can turn all the Driving Aids off if you have Racing tires, it's very nice to drive. I don't know if it was my settings or not but the car handles so sweet..

I was going to try and turn the Motorsport Elise into *the* Nür-spec car, but the track is just too rough for this little rocket.

Despite that, I can still pull sub 7'40 with only 280ps (not to be confused with hp, which is less).

And racing tires of course.

Nothing more than hard compound, however.

Handles like buttah tahnks to you, Jabberwocky! My black M3 CSL with black wheels and chrome lip is now my favorite car cuz it's so sweet to look at and handles like a go-kart!

are you sure that is a good setup?
i can get 8:00 on a stock bmw M3 on the ring

50/50
i just lapped aroudn the ring in 8:00 with N1 tires, heres the setup:

449 hp
stage 3 weight reduction
chassis stiffening
comp chip
racing brakes (7f,12r)
triple clutch
race flywheel
carbon driveshaft
full downforce
no driving aids
racing suspension:
9.6 spring
79 ride height
5 bound
7 rebound
0 toe
3.3 camber
7 stabilizer

this car does in fact have a neutral weight balance, i dont know why the stock suspension makes it understeer to much. there is nice oversteer at lower-speed corners, this car is really solid through most of the ring, with sport or race tires equipped you will need to max out the hp on this car to equal its handling ability. good luck

this setup was done with n1 tires, so race tires might make the car stiffer.

Back