You know you're playing GT4 too much when...

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4' started by Doggie, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Doggie

Doggie

There was a similar thread on GT3 section, so let's start one here too :) Now, I have a picture from my GT4 setup that just might bring a slight smile to your face... here we go:

You know you're playing GT4 too much when...

...you have to check your steering wheels Force -option off, so that your casts don't break.

[​IMG]

Sheron likes this.
  2. Famine

Famine Administrator

You wonder why you bothered putting windscreen wipers on your console rig, only to remember that you're actually really driving your car...

3. Greycap

Greycap Premium

Now that's what I call addiction, I bet that you would try to play with broken legs too! :D

4. <_Spike_>

<_Spike_>

You start doodling tracks and the best racing lines through corners on your paperwork.

And when you start picking out every single car in a movie and saying whether or not you've got it in GT

eddyteddy1975 likes this.
  5. STLbarcelona5

STLbarcelona5

When you go around a corner and curse at yourself for missing the apex.

6. red70mach1

red70mach1

...your thumbs are taped up and trying to ignore the pain.

7. SRV2LOW4ME

SRV2LOW4ME Premium

I do that, but whats worse is I do that in the hobby shop with the model cars too. :lol:

You know you play GT4 too much when:

- You wonder why people still use cameras, I mean really, who needs a camera when you have photomode?

- Your vacation pictures include shots you took in phototravel, and from your last special conditions race around the Grand Canyon.

- You put on your reading glasses and tell people your now running in 1080i HDtv, and its 10 times better then normal.

- You ask used car lot sales men where their 10km cars are, and when they'll have more in.

Thats all I can think of right now, might post more later if I come up with any.

8. Boundary Layer

Boundary Layer Premium

...despite a fervent effort, you cannot find the R3 button on the steering wheel of your '93 Nissan Sentra...

9. the Interceptor

the Interceptor Premium

... you talk to a friend and tell him you've been driving a McLaren SLR yesterday, not noticing that he thinks of the real thing while you only mean in the game, and you've actually been sitting in front of a TV.

10. Sambert

Sambert Premium

...you continue to attempt hand/E-brake manoeuvrers in Tourist Trophy.

11. dkstz

dkstz

...you consider those 2h Endurances as a simple race and eventually do El Capitan again just to relax :sly:

...you have a sig almost like mine. And when you remember it, GT4 is the 1st thing in mind :dopey:

12. El Gigante

El Gigante

Damn, seems everyone has awesome TV's these days :lol:

13. Master_Yoda

Master_Yoda (Banned)

......When you parents need to brake, you yell out, PRESS SQUARE, PRESS SQUARE!!!

14. kennythebomb

kennythebomb

......when driving in real life just isn't as satisfying as in the game.

eddyteddy1975 and lucas2717 like this.
  15. opendriver

opendriver

The guages are burnt into your tv and it looks like your still playing....

16. Leonidae

Leonidae (Banned)

you manage to destroy your real cars manual gearbox because you shift without using clutch.. *ROFLMAO*

17. RXGem

RXGem

you start using your cruise control stalk to accelerate and decelerate.. (true! :p)

18. CRXnut

CRXnut

... when it becomes weird to feel G forces when driving real car

19. Doggie

Doggie

This one is hilarious, best one so far... :D

20. Diego440

Diego440 Premium

you actually think your real car would be more controllable if it had a DS2 instead of steering wheel, pedals, etc.

21. Appie

Appie

when you play like every day :lol:

22. viperpilot

viperpilot

.......when you destroy your control panel in the car and fix a DS2 there.

.......when you get high bills for a new clutch and gearbox for changing gears with out using the clutch

.......when you crashed your car after sliding through a corner like in GT4

23. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

...You privately scorn Porsches and Ferraris because they're not in the game, although you normally wouldn't think of them as bad cars.

...You can pick off the cars in real-life traffic (...not in the game; should be in the game; sort of in the game; won't ever be in the game; in GT2 and GT4 but not in GT3...)

...You want to hit pause/reset when you're stuck in a traffic jam.

...The flippers behind the steering wheel just wind up washing the windshield and flash other motorists when you're in your real car.

...GT3 looks like it was designed for the Atari 2600, and GT2 looks like it's compatible with the ENIAC.

24. jammyozzy

jammyozzy

When sitting in the front passenger seat of a car, you start inadvertantly trying to operate the pedals and visualising gear shifts. :D

25. PARAGON GT

PARAGON GT Premium

. . . you get to your car and realize that you have your DS2 and memory card in your hands, and realize that your keys are still in the house.

26. RICHARDO

RICHARDO

When you can visualize the tracks in GT4 with your eyes closed and find the perfect line, but can't do it ingame. :ouch:

When your sitting in math class thinking about how to tune your Trueno in the game to get another tenth of a second faster at El Capitan instead of learning. :sly:

When you watch racing on television and the race is held on a track in the game, you criticize their driving lines yelling: "thats not the right line in GT4!" :D

When girls take a backseat to your "racing career". :scared:

Guilty of all...

27. h0ss

h0ss

When you think it's significant that you're planning to spend Valentine's Day evening with the wife instead of GT4.
    When you don't bother washing your daily driver, because 'it doesn't really have any noticable effect on performance'.

28. Vonie

Vonie

...when you're part of an online community of more than 80,000 where you sit and talk to a bunch of nerds about GT4 all day.

29. STLbarcelona5

STLbarcelona5

Driving to school after 20+ inches of snow (eg. today) the next morning isn't so much a hassle. As it is an opportunity to improve drifting on a FR.

And even though they had 18 hours to plow the roads, they were still blissfully white.

30. Master_Yoda

Master_Yoda (Banned)

I'm afraid i'm guilty at that, cause i do that ALL night, EVERY night.