You played both. What do you do now?

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 10 comments
Portugal
Lisboa
FLAT_TWELVE
Last night I had my final test about what game (GT4 or Enthusia) to pick if you just want to do a litle driving/racing.

When I bought EPR, I had already nearly finished GT4 - only the long enduros and the F1 championship remain to be done, because I refuse to use B-Spec. All licenses, all driving missions, all other races and championships completed.

So, since I bought EPR, GT4 has been collecting dust, for nearly two months now. I never even thought of playing it again.

But now I've already "beaten" EPR too (stage 4/level 17 of DR being still the only not "acomplished mission" in this game). All cars unlocked, all tracks unlocked, ranked 1st in Enthusia Life.

So, last night, I just wanted to race a litle and I hesitated on which game to pick from the shelf.

Finally, I chose Enthusia, mainly because of a slightly smarter AI and because, overall, the driving "feel" is so much better.

How's it with you?

I have been playing enthusia for the past 2 months but just yesterday I turned back to GT4. I only played GT4 because it has tracks that I like (Suzuki, Motegi, Laguna Seca).

I would also choose EPR, but since I dont have a lot of time atm, I just play Racing Battle : C1 Grand Prix every now and then;

And Im desperatly waiting for Kaido Battle 3, not as realistic, but perfect racing game nevertheless....

I got all relevant games for ps2 and xbox - racing wise. Enthusia is the only game i want to play because it's the most realistic. You could argue for Forza but it's got no DF Pro wheel.

I still hope to one day have the perfect racing game for me: cockpit views, GT4's and TOCA2 tracks, FOrza's car lineup and Enthusia's physics.

'till then me am cry.

VIPFREAK
:odd: If you got GTR that would've solved all your problems from the start.

Yeah, but GTR takes a hoss PC to run well. And not everyone wants to spend major coin on a gaming sys capable of doing it justice.

Apart from its lack of tracks, EPR's physics do feel a bit more natural or shall i say, instinctual than GT4's.

Yep, and more fun too. Last night I just made race after race with old cars in the Burgenschlut track (my all time favourite, the guy that designed it deserves an award for best invented track EVER).

I raced it with the 2CV - hmmm ... fun, but slow.
I raced it with the Austin Midget - fun.
I raced it with the Citroen DS - fun and fast.

And the sounds of these cars are just fantastic. I drove them all in my youth (well, the Midget I drove was a MG) and it is amazing how the guys at konami recreated their sounds so well.

Latest Posts

Back