VIPFREAK (4,198)

Driftster (4,025)

KieranMurphy (3,000 - Just over)

Shannon (2,259)

Gabkicks (1,800)

Lino (1,500)

menomena (1,500 - Macbook Pro)

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I am downloading 3D Mark 06. Aswell as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lock Down Demo.

MdnIte
He has a schedule to keep.

Don't question him! :rolleyes:

:lol: well I guess I could do this on my new desktop when the gpu comes this Fri. but I'll have no friggin clue what I'm doing or what the number means.

I personally could care less about 3dmark scores really. There is more to graphics cards than how much pixels they can generate per second. Everyone knows it, 3dmark is defunct now because of the new software techniques that can maximize eye candy without hitting fps.

Don't worry VIPfreak! We're all like that the first time we get our hands on computer stuff 👍

One thing your need for this benchmark is a newer graphics card. Like one of the lastest ones, since most new graphic cards are not mainly designed for this benchmark of yet.

Wonder what a quard Sli Setup will get in this benchmark.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Because I am downloading 3D Mark 06. Aswell as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lock Down Demo.
Why not make the thread after you've downloaded it and ran it then? By that time, someone who has done just that might have already made a thread about it anyway.

Shannon
Why not make the thread after you've downloaded it and ran it then? By that time, someone who has done just that might have already made a thread about it anyway.
Because someone else may post up a topic like this before me then.

MdnIte
Don't worry VIPfreak! We're all like that the first time we get our hands on computer stuff 👍

:lol: yeah we'll see how much of a "noob" I am. :crazy:

One thing I do know is the dual core will definitely kick ass because of the amount of multi-tasking I do. :scared:

Can someone give me the direct link to the download on that site? I can't seem to find it.

Edit: Ah, found it. It was on the main page!

Because someone else may post up a topic like this before me then.
That is quite selfish...

its almost not worth upgrading. i might as well wait till i can buy a whole new pc. i mean, agp is all but dead. this x800gto should delay that for a few months.

Don't forget XFX are aiming to create a AGP version of the X1800. Plus AGP has still got plenty of life left in it, with people who do not want to spend more on a PCI Express motherboard.

If you buy the right kind of AGP Motherboard for the correct price, you can make a great PC on the cheap. But I can see more motherboard makers bringing out a motherboard with AGP, and PCI Express on the same board.

But does anyone know a good motherboard with both AGP and PCI Express. Not planning to rebuild or buy a new PC yet, because I will wait till next year or 2. To well do that.

I'm waiting for Vista to buy a new computer. My sexy 6600 GT should hopefully tide me over until then. BUT WHY WON'T BF2 WORK ONLINE ON MEDIUM DAMNIT??? Moto GP3 runs max, all my other games I can run better...except for BF2. GRR.

I'm not even going to try 3dmark 06, it'd probably make my computer reset.

EDIT: Why do you want a motherboard with both? AGP is DEAD. It's utter **** compared to PCI-E.

I don't know how good a 6600GT is (I don't know much about graphics cards). But I can run medium 1024x768 on BF2 Online. What are your PC specs.

I have a 9800pro by the way.

CPU: 3.0GHz P4 (around 2 years and a half old)
RAM: 1GB kingston PC3200
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8-INXP (I think)

Everything else is irrevelant or really adequate.

Gabkicks
That's ****ed! I have a better system than you (X850XT and Athlon 64 3500+), and I only got 1555! :ouch:

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Don't forget XFX are aiming to create a AGP version of the X1800. Plus AGP has still got plenty of life left in it, with people who do not want to spend more on a PCI Express motherboard.

If you buy the right kind of AGP Motherboard for the correct price, you can make a great PC on the cheap. But I can see more motherboard makers bringing out a motherboard with AGP, and PCI Express on the same board.

But does anyone know a good motherboard with both AGP and PCI Express. Not planning to rebuild or buy a new PC yet, because I will wait till next year or 2. To well do that.
You really do know nothing, do you? AGP is dead. Kaput.

The only reason they are still manufacturing AGP cards is to keep the low-end users happy. PCI-E = future. And the fact it can be used for more than just a graphics bus (unlike AGP), means it'll probably overthrow the archaic PCI bus.

DODGE the VIPER
CPU: 3.0GHz P4 (around 2 years and a half old)
RAM: 1GB kingston PC3200
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8-INXP (I think)

Everything else is irrevelant or really adequate.

You should have no problem at all then.

I have a 3.2ghz P4, 1gb Kingston PC3200, and some Intel (915P or soemthing like that) mobo and a 6600gt 128mb PCI-E card and I can run BF2 1280x1024 max settings with 4xAA perfectly online and offline.

580 megs ?... Effing Crazy :dopey:

Ohh well - God bless uTorrent !...

[Edit:] As said - God bless uTorrent.. 580 megs DL'ed in 38 minutes... I can live with that...

Just for fun, i tried to work out my score before i've even downloaded the .exe. I predict 4,500 ish. Will D/L and run it later to see 👍

I ran the test at 1280x1024. i'll run it at lower resolution and repost my score. :)

Yeah... i'm hoping my x800gto can hold me off at least untill directx10 comes out. i dont have the money to drop 400 bucks on a card that isnt going to be able to take full advantage of Dx10

you guys should post ur scores on ocforums.com :) i've got my 3dmark05 scores up there. its a very nice, friendly, and extremely knowledgable community and i'm sure u guys could contribute.

Good god.

yayyay4xn.jpg

Latest Posts

Back