Your Biggest disappointment

You know , when you save up for weeks to buy a car , and you buy it and it bores you , or like me , when You buy a neat little car
and spend 100,000 Souping it up and it burnd around at 80 mp/h.
Post away

I mis the high framerate mode on GT1. I think the whole game should have looked like that. simple graphics, but proper 60fps rather than they ghey 20odd we are stuck wth

I think my biggest disapointment is that the AI cars are always slower than your own cars. For instance, if you race the GT500 series with a Zexel Skyline you are able to beat the AI Zexel on top speed. That sucks!

Also when you enter the ~591bhp races in the GT-league the best the AI can come up with is a couple of 350bhp cars. In other words, that makes me have to choose a similair bhp'ed car because a 580bhp car would win the race waaaay to easy.

Originally posted by corts007
I think my biggest disapointment is that the AI cars are always slower than your own cars. For instance, if you race the GT500 series with a Zexel Skyline you are able to beat the AI Zexel on top speed. That sucks!

Also when you enter the ~591bhp races in the GT-league the best the AI can come up with is a couple of 350bhp cars. In other words, that makes me have to choose a similair bhp'ed car because a 580bhp car would win the race waaaay to easy.
What about the gt40 in the historic cup race it has 9-10 more hp then the amount allowed.

Originally posted by pimp racer
What about the gt40 in the historic cup race it has 9-10 more hp then the amount allowed.

Yep, that's sure a big one. It's very annoying. I tried everything with that race, eventually buying a Toyota 2000GT (that was at the time I thought only classic cars could enter) and tuning it to the max. I could win from the GT40 on the cornery sections of Rome, but he would overtake me time after time on the straights, very annoying!

And by the way, that's another drawback: you can enter some of the theme-races with none theme cars, like entering the Muscle car races with a Toyota Supra :)

It's dumb how you can't do qualifying laps in GT2. I miss that. Also, it's annoying that when taking your car to the test track it only shows the top 8 cars at a time. Why couldn't they make it like 50 or even 20 like they had it in GT1? It's cool to see some of the slowest car's times mixed in with the fastest, but what do I know? Maybe it would drastically cut back on memory or something.

oxigen_gsr
i wish there were more like 40cars per race rather than 6 or 8

8 cars in a race? Where do you get that, dude?

I agree, though..it would be cool to race among an entire field of cars..but that would require tons of memory of course.

pimp racer
Dude you read my mind i was gonna post that but everyone would be like "WTF?"
Hey I agree with that as well. The gameplay was the biggest disappointment for me.

Elstro
For me, it was the fact that not all cars could get [R] mods
Yeah that disappointed me as well but it wasn't the biggest. Why GT3 is the same I don't understand either, that cars look so much better with sponsership all over them. Maybe meshes could be designed that replaced the exisiting body and then you could colour and design your own race car!!!

The biggest dissapointment is spending money on your car to face a quick AI car, but when the race starts, it doesn't show up. 👎

oxigen_gsr
i wish there were more like 40cars per race rather than 6 or 8
That would be insane. You know how STUPID the ai cars are? They seem to be blind or something and they will go all crazy and just bash eachother and you into the wall. I just hate it wen they scrub against me and lame me towards the outside of the track during a corner. Sucks. My other beef is why the FWD cars handle like RWDs...... i mean the ITR is good, but they made it handle much like an S2000 except that the rear tires dont get powered out. Beef #2 is the cars dont get dirty even during rally mode... beef #3 is the the modding process takes way too long cuz the game cant load quick enough.... beef#4 is why some cars are classify as S class, such as a fully modded civic. only 301hp, and a mildly modded SVT cobra with 350 or so is in A class and can own the civic extremely(i drag raced em). Beef#5 is some engine noises are not realistic at all. The focus engine sounds just stupid. The camaro is too mechanical winding where in real life it should be rumbling instead. Just some to name a few. But overall great game.

vette_7t9
That would be insane. You know how STUPID the ai cars are? They seem to be blind or something and they will go all crazy and just bash eachother and you into the wall. I just hate it wen they scrub against me and lame me towards the outside of the track during a corner. Sucks. My other beef is why the FWD cars handle like RWDs...... i mean the ITR is good, but they made it handle much like an S2000 except that the rear tires dont get powered out. Beef #2 is the cars dont get dirty even during rally mode... beef #3 is the the modding process takes way too long cuz the game cant load quick enough.... beef#4 is why some cars are classify as S class, such as a fully modded civic. only 301hp, and a mildly modded SVT cobra with 350 or so is in A class and can own the civic extremely(i drag raced em). Beef#5 is some engine noises are not realistic at all. The focus engine sounds just stupid. The camaro is too mechanical winding where in real life it should be rumbling instead. Just some to name a few. But overall great game.

Yeah, it'd be cool to see the cars get dirty..even if they'd just lose their shine like in the 1st game. And don't you just wish you could hit one button that would give you ALL the mods?!? It'd be cool to just spend $200,000 and get a total modification package instead of sitting there buying one part at a time! I totally agree with the engine sound thing, too! Sometimes it's almost like the microphone guy couldn't figure out where the exhaust was.

The Race Simulator!!!

That was my Biggest disappointment, It should of been so much harder, It should atleast Matched the car you entered in the race! Luckily this game was GS Pro Friendly, Which made it capable of Hybriding the AI cars!!! :)

Back