Your car wish list?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 94 comments
More prototypes, GT3s, GT4s, touring cars and up-to-date Formula E, NASCAR and Indy cars are a must, and the FH4 leaks give me hope we may see the Mygale-Ford Formula 4 package at launch (and who knows? Maybe even a Formula 3 or a Formula 2 car one day!).
But what I really want to see in the next Forza is more vintage Formulas and sportscars, Group C / IMSA GTP prototypes, (a few) Group 5 / GTX silhouettes; at the very least, enough to give even a 32-car grid some variety. And perhaps the addition of some categories that haven't gotten much love (or no love at all) in the recent and not-so-recent past of the franchise: nostalgic GT1s and GT2s, LMP900s, BTCC touring cars and the likes. Give me an open-cockpit Panoz LMP, a Ferrari 550 with its screaming V12, a 1990s Nissan Primera, and other cars they can bang fenders with, and I'll be a happy camper indeed.

Hope is high for
Opel Calibra DTM 1996
Ferrari 550 or 575 GT
and a return
BMW E46 GTR

+1 on all of these especially the 550. I heard it didn't return to Forza 5 because of licencing issues. The Prodrive racer was tolerated but not blessed by the factory (they had to use pre owned road cars for the chassis as Ferrari wouldn't sell them these) so I'm guessing Ferrari wasn't happy. But the 575 was factory blessed so it'd be great to see it and some more early 2000s GT1 cars in the game.

With all that said I'd welcome more recent racecars...it is Forza Motorsport after all.

How about some DPi cars from IMSA? They supposedly had a marketing tie up and yet we still only have cars like the Mazda Lola which are very old.
Where are the LMP1 cars like the Toyota and the Rebellion which were DLC for FM6 but haven't returned?
What about the Group One cars from DTM and Super GT?? That Nissan GTR GT500 pre dates that by at least one generation
What about some up to date V8 Supercars like the ZB Commodore and the Mustang? They've been in the series for a couple of years at least. Would've thought they would be an easy DLC sell to the fans for FM7.
Where are the more recent GT2/3/4 cars? Would've thought a Nissan GT-R GT3 would be a shoe in given Godzilla's popularity with Forza players.
What about the Porsche Carrera Cup cars which form the most hotly contested one make series across the world?

There has been some welcome additions like the Porsche 911 RSR and BMW M8 but where are the latest Aston and Ferrari 488 GTE cars?

For the most part its like their motorsport list is a generation or two old.

What I’d like to see:
  • Strip it back to around 150 cars
  • All race-spec
  • No upgrade system, but have optional balance of performance systems built-in (and configurable by players).
  • Update “official” balance of performance figures every month or two, for the game’s regular lobbies and any esports events (ie: “Sport Mode”).
I’d be fine with Horizon having its sandbox as it does now, but would prefer Motorsport to truly be focused on racing. Keep the livery editor though, it’s good for esports (though hopefully we can import our logos from older games).

Last edited:
What I’d like to see:
  • All race-spec
  • No upgrade system, but have optional balance of performance systems built-in (and configurable by players).
  • Update “official” balance of performance figures every month or two, for the game’s regular lobbies and any esports events (ie: “Sport Mode”).
I’d be fine with Horizon having its sandbox as it does now, but would prefer Motorsport to truly be focused on racing. Keep the livery editor though, it’s good for esports (though hopefully we can import our logos from older games).
I think I have to agree with you on this. As much as I would love to have every single Aston Martin model in one game (road and race), I see the advantages of increased focus.

Back in the Forza Motorsport 4 days when the car list when expanding a lot, I saw Forza Motorsport as a car encyclopaedia, with Forzavista on every car in the Xbox One days this feeling got bigger, as did my frustration with the lack of structure in Forza Motorsport. Meanwhile, Forza Horizon 4 is doing wonders with the diversity of cars included and they are lovely for cruising around and exploring.

This would give Forza Motorsport the perfect chance to focus and contain (near) complete lineups of IMSA, WEC, Indycar, Formula E, Group 5, 1967 and 1976 GP cars and more. And with less cars there would be more opportunity for raising the details of every single car.

I do however think that this should not preclude Turn10 from including individual cars that are not part of a certain class. Some race cars barely have competition or are so unique.

Well, the first teaser featured a racing (fictional) version of the Apollo Intensa Emozione, of which, only a 10 model run will ever be built.

I'm perfectly OK if in FM we get both the base car and it's racing version(s), whether real or imaginary, provided that the imaginary version is built and can be tuned following real world logic.

What I’d like to see:
  • Strip it back to around 150 cars.
I think I have to agree with you on this. As much as I would love to have every single Aston Martin model in one game (road and race), I see the advantages of increased focus.

Back in the Forza Motorsport 4 days when the car list when expanding a lot, I saw Forza Motorsport as a car encyclopaedia, with Forzavista on every car in the Xbox One days this feeling got bigger, as did my frustration with the lack of structure in Forza Motorsport. Meanwhile, Forza Horizon 4 is doing wonders with the diversity of cars included and they are lovely for cruising around and exploring.

This would give Forza Motorsport the perfect chance to focus and contain (near) complete lineups of IMSA, WEC, Indycar, Formula E, Group 5, 1967 and 1976 GP cars and more. And with less cars there would be more opportunity for raising the details of every single car.

I do however think that this should not preclude Turn10 from including individual cars that are not part of a certain class. Some race cars barely have competition or are so unique.

No, no and no. I wouldn't want to lose hundreds of cars for this next Forza, especially since the car list just keeps on growing. Well, I like the increased focus on realism, simulation and motorsport-based game mechanics and details, but I would really want this next Forza to have one of the largest car lists of any racing game - even larger than Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4 combined.

That's basically asking for a game like GT Sport (at launch) or worse, Motorsport 5. All these technical improvements mean nothing if a huge part of the cars are gone.

Last edited:
What I’d like to see:
  • All race-spec

While I am fine with the car count being trimmed a little in the name of quality control, I'm not so sure I would like that small of a car list focused solely on race spec vehicles. A big part of the fun in games like GT and Forza is racing normal street cars as well as purpose built racing cars, so to lose that would rob the game of quite a bit of it's appeal, especially as a PC gamer where I already have plenty of options for racing purpose built machines.

I also think it would hurt player numbers as well since for that to work it would need long term support and a patient playerbase and I'm not so sure the Forza fanbase is as patient as GT's.

While I am fine with the car count being trimmed a little in the name of quality control, I'm not so sure I would like that small of a car list focused solely on race spec vehicles. A big part of the fun in games like GT and Forza is racing normal street cars as well as purpose built racing cars, so to lose that would rob the game of quite a bit of it's appeal, especially as a PC gamer where I already have plenty of options for racing purpose built machines.

I also think it would hurt player numbers as well since for that to work it would need long term support and a patient playerbase and I'm not so sure the Forza fanbase is as patient as GT's.

Part of what I love about Forza concept wise is that you can take a 512TR, and turn it into a GT car that could compete with the likes of the McLaren F1, Ferrari F40, and Esprit GT1's. Or take a Chrysler 300 and try to make it to spec with a V8 Supercar.

Without this customization, why Forza over RF2, ACC, or AMS2? Just another game with a pre set selection of cars in preset classes that can only be raced against other cars in their class on a selection of random tracks. *YAWN*

The customization and tuning aspect of Forza is why I would even play such a title over more realistic sims. They don't allow for the creativity Forza can bring to the table. The closest proper sims get is the variety of cars in AC, and even then, to tune them you'd need to be at least half decently handy with modding tools.

This is what Forza is in my eyes. Give me more customization/tuning/performance/body kit options per car so I can make the racecars of my dreams, rather than race the same car that is in 20 other titles.

(Though feel free to dump the SUV's, big offroaders, and the utterly silly stuff of the like.)

Last edited:
What I’d like to see:
  • All race-spec
Absolutely agree. I’m really hoping the new FM moves to fill the gap left by Project Cars 2, with a focus on motorsport with a proper class system and race-prepped cars. Although I’[d like a lower and more focused car count, one of the things I miss about the Forza series from the FM4 days is visibly removing interior trim and adding a roll cage etc. So some road-spec cars would be ok, but to keep the immersion factor I’d like to see these cars only being able to compete in track days and sprints etc. I don’t care one iota about Forzavista, I don’t care about collecting Escalades and ridiculous hypercars. Just give me race prepped cars, good racing, and some tarmac rallying please.

Part of what I love about Forza concept wise is that you can take a 512TR, and turn it into a GT car that could compete with the likes of the McLaren F1, Ferrari F40, and Esprit GT1's. Or take a Chrysler 300 and try to make it to spec with a V8 Supercar.

Without this customization, why Forza over RF2, ACC, or AMS2? Just another game with a pre set selection of cars in preset classes that can only be raced against other cars in their class on a selection of random tracks. *YAWN*

The customization and tuning aspect of Forza is why I would even play such a title over more realistic sims. They don't allow for the creativity Forza can bring to the table. The closest proper sims get is the variety of cars in AC, and even then, to tune them you'd need to be at least half decently handy with modding tools.

This is what Forza is in my eyes. Give me more customization/tuning/performance/body kit options per car so I can make the racecars of my dreams, rather than race the same car that is in 20 other titles.

(Though feel free to dump the SUV's, big offroaders, and the utterly silly stuff of the like.)

While i agree that part of what makes Forza stand out from other racing games is the ability to customise and build cars from D class all the way up to R class, it's also one of the main issues with the game. The balancing of cars is non existent (for the most part). Lobbies are full of cars that simply don't belong in a race together. High acceleration cars with no brakes causing mayhem on tracks that favour grip etc. They need to decide what direction to go in. Either carry on being a car collecting game with little focus on actual proper racing, and all the rules associated with it, or follow the homologation route but do it properly this time. I for one would like to see them change direction for the next game, trim the car list and concentrate on race cars. I know quite a few people will disagree but there's a reason the most popular hopper is the GT endurance one. It's the only one that comes even remotely close to actual racing.

It would be awesome if T10 could pull off both what a lot of people are asking here;

• A roster full of 120-150 race spec vehicles from race series across the world. GT3, GT4, Touring Cars, Open Wheelers, Nascar etc. These would be in there own separate race class (much like older FM's) and have their own divisions/hoppers for balance. No intrusion from road going vehicles.
  • A roster full of 250+ road going vehicles with access to the usual performance upgrades, in their own E-S class arrangement, with lots of visual customization.
You still wouldn't have the car encyclopedia approach from FM7/FM4 that I know people still want, but could be a happy medium for both. Plus who knows how many cars could come post launch (Especially from somewhere like FH5 which is slated to have 500+ cars)

Motorcycles
Lower level Formula cars (F2,F3, Indylite)
Licensed 1970s Trans Am race cars
All the cars from previous Forza games(expect oddballs and most econo-cars and SUVs )

Last edited:
Oh boy... this one will be really big. I'll start off with F1 and Prototype cars from the 50s-90s. As my wish list would take over one page to view, I'll wrap them in a text file instead.

Add every road car from FH5/FM7/FM4 minus the oddball cars like the Morgan 3-Wheeler and Reliant Robin and that'd be the greatest list ever.

Attachments

• FM8 Wishlist - F1 and Prototypes (Retro).txt
    37.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Oh boy... this one will be really big. I'll start off with F1 and Prototype cars from the 50s-90s. As my wish list would take over one page to view, I'll wrap them in a text file instead.

Did you just copy pasted 1400 cars into a txt file and called it a wishlist? :D

Did you just copy pasted 1400 cars into a txt file and called it a wishlist? :D
This was originally posted in the Forza Motorsport Forums by yours truly, and instead of copy-pasting the entire list here, I decided to compress space by writing it in a text file instead.

I am just going to say more 80's and 90's vehicles, the two eras that seem to be very thin in the list despite the number of cool vehicles that have yet to be added.

+1 on all of these especially the 550. I heard it didn't return to Forza 5 because of licencing issues. The Prodrive racer was tolerated but not blessed by the factory (they had to use pre owned road cars for the chassis as Ferrari wouldn't sell them these) so I'm guessing Ferrari wasn't happy. But the 575 was factory blessed so it'd be great to see it and some more early 2000s GT1 cars in the game.

With all that said I'd welcome more recent racecars...it is Forza Motorsport after all.

How about some DPi cars from IMSA? They supposedly had a marketing tie up and yet we still only have cars like the Mazda Lola which are very old.
Where are the LMP1 cars like the Toyota and the Rebellion which were DLC for FM6 but haven't returned?
What about the Group One cars from DTM and Super GT?? That Nissan GTR GT500 pre dates that by at least one generation
What about some up to date V8 Supercars like the ZB Commodore and the Mustang? They've been in the series for a couple of years at least. Would've thought they would be an easy DLC sell to the fans for FM7.
Where are the more recent GT2/3/4 cars? Would've thought a Nissan GT-R GT3 would be a shoe in given Godzilla's popularity with Forza players.
What about the Porsche Carrera Cup cars which form the most hotly contested one make series across the world?

There has been some welcome additions like the Porsche 911 RSR and BMW M8 but where are the latest Aston and Ferrari 488 GTE cars?

Pretty sad how Ferrari never accepted the Prodrive 550s despite Prodrive 550s carrying Ferrari badges.

I always accept the 550 GTS as part of Ferraris racing heritage and history. Does not matter if Ferrari did not back them its still a Ferrari for me that accumulated lots of victories.

Last edited:

Double post sorry guys.

Last edited:
Pretty sad how Ferrari never accepted the Prodrive 550s despite Prodrive 550s carrying Ferrari badges.

I always accept the 550 GTS as part of Ferraris racing heritage and history. Does not matter if Ferrari did not back them its still a Ferrari for me that accumulated lots of victories.
Best Ferraris ever built in Britain is how I remember someone calling them lol. Definitely still a part of Ferraris history even if the factory doesn't like to shine light on it. They carried the Ferrari name so must have paid Ferrari something for that. Although the car is allowed to race at their GT Club Competizione trackdays so maybe time has thawed the ice . The fact that the car bested the Ferrari blessed 550s (they were woeful) and the 575 which Ferrari built on the side to cash in on Prodrive's success but also failed miserably just adds to the legend. It even beat the Maserati MC12 in its later years which Ferrari had put a lot of effort into seeing as they were married to Maserati at the time.

There's a book on the Prodrive Ferrari program coming out later this year. It'll be a must have for myself.

Last edited:
Best Ferraris ever built in Britain is how I remember someone calling them lol. Definitely still a part of Ferraris history even if the factory doesn't like to shine light on it. They carried the Ferrari name so must have paid Ferrari something for that. Although the car is allowed to race at their GT Club Competizione trackdays so maybe time has thawed the ice . The fact that the car bested the Ferrari blessed 550s (they were woeful) and the 575 which Ferrari built on the side to cash in on Prodrive's success but also failed miserably just adds to the legend. It even beat the Maserati MC12 in its later years which Ferrari had put a lot of effort into seeing as they were married to Maserati at the time.

There's a book on the Prodrive Ferrari program coming out later this year. It'll be a must have for myself.
Respect for Prodrive for still keeping the Ferrari badges.

Thats real respect.

I want a nice mix of late 60’s to early 90’s rotary Mazdas. Plus keep at least the same Aussie cars as Motorsport 7. A few extra ones would be a bonus.

Plus keep at least the same Aussie cars as Motorsport 7. A few extra ones would be a bonus.
Couple of years ago we did sort of a tribute race to the very first Bathurst 1000, the 1973 Hardie-Ferodo 1000. Rule was, you could use any car (or reasonably close relative) in FM7 that had actually competed either at Bathurst or the original Great Race at Phillip Island (Armstrong 500) from 1960-1973 with certain build rules. I was ASTOUNDED by the list of eligible cars.

Couple of years ago we did sort of a tribute race to the very first Bathurst 1000, the 1973 Hardie-Ferodo 1000. Rule was, you could use any car (or reasonably close relative) in FM7 that had actually competed either at Bathurst or the original Great Race at Phillip Island (Armstrong 500) from 1960-1973 with certain build rules. I was ASTOUNDED by the list of eligible cars.
The mix of cars in Forza is fantastic. If your race was based on cars that competed pre 1973 you would have had a great choice. The Aussie Falcons, Monaros, Torana? (They have the LX, but don't recall the LJ) plus VW Beetle, Mini Cooper, Cortinas, Datsun 1600, Mazda Rx3, a few Jags, among others. That era of racing is what appeals to me most. That would have been awesome to re enact.

My wet dream would be if they kept everything of that era and expanded up to the end of the big banger period. That would be the Falcons up to XE and Commodores the VH. Plus the early Rx7s, Early Bluebirds, Sigmas, Starions and so on. They already have the VK group A and the Sierras and 3 series BMWs, so thats covered. The Supercar era I kind of lost interest.

To really get it over the line would be a historic rendition of Mt Panorama. Pre Chase and safety barricades.

Dodge Viper RT/10 gen I
BMW 5MLE
Opel Calibra Turbo
TVR Cerberra 4,5
Skoda Octavia vRS
MB C111
VW Golf G60 Rally
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4
Ferrari 348
Aston Martin Vanquish S (gen1)
Polestar 1

Back