Your countersteer style with DS2

• Thread starter SiiS
  • 10 comments
Hi Guys,

I'm new here but have been leeching info off you guys for weeks but just never been bothered with registering up till now and just wanted to let you guys know that you've helped me so much with my drifting and prior to finding this site I never would have thought it was possible to drift with a DS2 but ever since finding this site I hardly even use my driving force(not the PRO) to drift anymore.

Basically I just want to know how you guys countersteer with the DS2.
Do you guys just give it a little tap, tap, tap whenever required OR do you guys leave it stationary and increase it little by little as your angle increases??

I've been experimenting with both on the RX-7 FC and found the tap,tap, tap is easier to control but the latter gives a more stylish and stable looking drift, I found this to be especially noticeable while exiting drifts.

What are your opinions??

I slowly increase the angle of countersteer about 3/4 of the time. I think it depends in the car. Some cars seem to work better with tapping, like the Corvette C1 (or a few other light weight, high power FR cars), yet others (some mid and rear engined cars usually) work better with increasing angles. It has alot to do with weight balance, I think.

It sounds like your using D-Pad (Directional Pad). In this instance it works like a circuit Breaker once you press the direction you want to go it automatically goes into full lock. Not the best solution for drifting.

This will be one of the best pieces of advise i can give you, aslong as you use the DS2 USE THE LEFT ANALOG STICK!,. This way you can have much more precise inputs.

With Amounts of Countersteer, It depends on certain corners, coarses, how much angle and speed you want. Basically personal Prefference. But i enjoy watching even countersteer, "Drifting without countersteer is like, Having Sticky Date pudding without ice cream" <--It Just doesn't work.

So in answer to your question. I don't "Tap, Tap, Tap".. i slowly and evenly coress the analog stick through the corner giving even countersteer.

nah, I drift and grip using both analog sticks, I can't imagine playing any racing games using the D-pad, it just doesn't feel right to me for some reason......

Sorry, I shouldn't have used tap, tap, tap as what I meant was more of a nudge, nudge, nudge if you know what I mean :)

I "tap tap tap" or "nudge nudge nudge"... Whatever you want to call it. I often press a lot
of buttons while in the middle of a drift.... Like handbrake, shifter, analog, brake, accelerator etc...
Sometimes that works, sometimes not. :P

usually I just fling the car to the side and it stays on it's side, but I'll tap the accel to keep it going and not let it oversteer, then I'll countersteer whenever necessary. I dont have one technique I follow, I just do whatever I need to do to get through a turn.

To get my countersteer, and my car to NOT spin out from me...I just keep tapping the DS2 directional buttons. I can never steer just holding the arrows out.

Back