Your daily workout routine?

• Thread starter sUn
  • 20 comments

sUn

(Banned)
So what's your daily workout routine?

I do 1 hour of dumbells, 50 pushups, try to squeeze in 30 crunches and situps when I can. đź‘Ť

You?

Sage
I run until my coach tells me to stop.

Reminds me of a good story - perhaps I've shared with you before.

I ran cross-country and track in high school. An older guy who I liked very much was looked upon favorably by the track coach. When the student would start to make suggestions about workout routines, coach would say, "Will, what's your job?" to which Will would respond, "Run hard, turn left". "Will, does that include telling me what to do?", "No sir. Sorry sir."

And the whole team would do an extra mile or two.

Oh, but back to the topic. High school was 8 years ago for me. But when I was working out I would run ...

M - short / speed
T - medium / speed
W - long distance training
TH - short / speed
W medium / speed
F - medium / speed
Sat - extra long, run `till you pass out
Sun - off day

LoudMusic
Reminds me of a good story - perhaps I've shared with you before.

I ran cross-country and track in high school. An older guy who I liked very much was looked upon favorably by the track coach. When the student would start to make suggestions about workout routines, coach would say, "Will, what's your job?" to which Will would respond, "Run hard, turn left". "Will, does that include telling me what to do?", "No sir. Sorry sir."

That's cool, I did XC and track too. in track I did the 800, Mile and 2mile (sometimes the mile relay) all in the same day. :scared: your coach sounded harser than mine though? Ours was a female but she honestly acted like a ***** or played favs a little bit.

LoudMusic
Oh, but back to the topic. High school was 8 years ago for me. But when I was working out I would run ...

M - short / speed
T - medium / speed
TH - short / speed
W medium / speed
F - medium / speed
Sun - off day

:banghead: too bad you didn't live here, I'd run with you... nobody likes to run around here. :grumpy:đź‘Ť

Anyway, if my bike wasn't out of comission at the moment I'd be doing that about at least every other day. Since I restored my scooter it's been getting a lot more use than I thought as I park about 5-6 blocks from school and scooter over to class, a little more work than I thought but I like it. Don't have to worry about parking much and not paying $197 (not assured a space) for parking in a semster. :dopey:đź‘Ť

LoudMusic

Heh heh – Sounded like quite a coach! ;) Granted, our coach also gets pissy about complaints about the workout, but he'll usually just turn into "lecture-mode" for a couple minutes, then get back to whatever we were doing. He likes to lecture us a lot, and it's always repetitive. Gawd knows how many hundreds of times I've heard him say "Don't back off when you get to the top of the hill".

LoudMusic
M - short / speed
T - medium / speed
TH - short / speed
W medium / speed
F - medium / speed
Sun - off day
Mine kinda goes something like this:

M – Long distance
T – Speed (time trials in grass)
W – Short/weights (do a short run, then lift weights for some upper body strength)
TH – Speed (hill repeats)
F – Long distance
S – Medium/speed

Speaking of that, I have a meet tomorrow – too bad it's one of the worst courses we ever run (it's running around a grass park that's made up of about 5 loops that overlap each other in really weird places… you're considered lucky if you don't get lost on that course).

Really all I do is Benchpress (5 Sets of 20 reps)
50 Push ups
Pressing (3 sets of 10)
Lats workout
Curls

Legpress
Running

There are heaps more. I just can't be bothered naming them all.

VipFREAK
That's cool, I did XC and track too. in track I did the 800, Mile and 2mile (sometimes the mile relay) all in the same day. :scared: your coach sounded harser than mine though? Ours was a female but she honestly acted like a ***** or played favs a little bit.

That's what I ran, minus the 800. I actually had the second fastest 800 time on the team, but there were plenty of guys for whom it was their best event, and no one else could run the mile and 2 mile like me, so I got stuck with the long boring stuff.

I have a few fond memories from high school running. One was winning a cross country meet. Still have the trophy (20 inches tall). Sitting right here as a matter of fact. And another great day was winning the 2 mile relay by about a head and shoulder length. I ran ancor leg for a completely green team (none of us had run that race the previous year). We did ok in state - top 10 ... out of 12 or so teams ... (: Got a trophy for that one too (15 inches tall) sitting right next to the bigger one.

It doesn't really matter how you do, so long as you're doing. I've biked a few times out to a local state park about 45 miles away. A one way trip with the return spent in a car, but it's a good ride none the less. Some day I'd like to jog out there. It shouldn't be too difficult, as I won't be competing it. But I'll have support with me anyway.

Nothing daily.. But 3 times a week I swim 1000+ meters (the 1000 are a must, the rest a bonus)

I've done this for the last 6-7 weeks with the hopes of getting into shape for the last time in my life.. (Have sat at a desk and done nothing that resembles exercise for the last 6 years... 30+ was starting to kick in....)

Should be starting in the gym next week to get a little more toning ;)

But this opens up a whole new topic ? :

Define : "In shape"....

LoudMusic
One was winning a cross country meet. Still have the trophy (20 inches tall).
They've gone all-cheap on us these days. I just got 3rd in my meet today, and what did I get? A medallion that's about the size of a quarter (it's so small that I almost lost it in my backpack).

I just started going to the gym again on the 27th. I don't really have a routine yet, but I want to find one to maximize my time there. I get there at around 4:30 AM and leave at around 5:30. Subtract 15-20 minutes for showering and dressing.

I've been doing 20 minutes on the eliptical to work burn fat, then I do weights for the rest of the time. Eventually I'll cut down the cardio and do more weights when I've burned enough fat off. I've really come to like working out in the morning before work. It doesn't cut into any other part of my day that way, and I'm completely awake and energized by the time I get to there.

M - Off day
T - Shoulders, Lower Back, Quads, Hamstrings, Abs - Heavy day
W - Cardio
T - Chest, Bicept, Tricept, Upper Back - Light day
F - Shoulders, Lower Back, Quads, Hamstrings, Abs - Light day
S - Cardio
S - Chest, Bicept, Tricept, Upper Back - Heavy day

On the two heavy lifting days, I run one muscle to exhaustion.

getting out of bed.

i havent worked out in a year. i feel so fat and un-in shape.

lol. *goes to roll down a hill*....but im not THAT fat

I'm starting to do some running in preparation for military requirements. If I'm up early enough (as in 6AM) on a weekday, I'll run a mile in the morning and do 20 sit ups and 15 push ups before and after a 1 mile run. I need to work on the push ups and sit ups, but I really need the running since I have asthma, which makes it really hard. I do this around 4-5 days a week, depending on when I wake up. And on weekends, I tend to go for a longer run, maybe 2 miles long.

That, and I walk nearly everywhere. It's a great way to keep off the excess weight.

Sage
Oooh, but driving is too damn convenient. ;)
True, true. I mainly walk because I hate taking the bus, and car insurance is astronomical for males my age in Ontario (17). But, when I am able to drive, I probably will still walk to lots of places. I enjoy walking, it gives me a good excuse to listen to some music on my CD player (one of the best purchases I ever made).

Back