Your Favorite Car in GT6?

• Thread starter GTP_Denza
  • 429 comments
This:
Mercedes-Benz-CLK-GTR-1024x768_1121.jpg
This car is still awesome, but it's no longer my favorite. That would go to any Mazda rotary.

Favorite car is the LLC Rocket. Won it as a prize car for achieving Gold in a Goodwood event. I got the car very early on so I ended using it for most the races. Had to de-tune and add ballast to get under some of the early low PP events. Even de-tuned and carrying 200 kilos of ballast it can out-corner and outbrake just about anything it was up against in it's PP class especially on twisty courses. Kept upgrading the car as I worked my way up to the "S" events. Believe it or not I managed to win several of the "S" races with it. Ascari was a total riot against some seriously fast cars. Rain events are also fun. The only key to this car is to absolutely STAY OFF THE GRASS!

FF : Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76
FR : Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
MR : Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86
RR : Fiat 500 R '72
4WD : Volkswagen Golf IV R32 '03

Volkswagen vgt is a superb driving machine although one does have to get used to its somewhat large yaw angle to max out its capability.

VW Golf R '10
Amazing car for starters. I recommend everyone new to the game buy this as their second car.

Corvette ZR1 race car
Very good value for money and with a bit of tuning can even compete against Le Mans cars.

Ford GT '06
Surprisingly good handling, also very good for its price

Tommykaira ZZ2
Need I say more?

LCC Rocket '07
Costs 100k, but can be acquired by golding the first 3 goodwood events. Can then be used to win a number of races, including 24 minutes of Le Mans

I'd have to say the Corvette C6 ZR1 LM Race Car. Fast, but not too fast, good downforce, but not so much that you can full throttle every corner, grippy, but will still bite you if you screw up. Just a really fun car to drive. I'm not a fan of having to fight a car constantly, but I also don't like just being able to hold the throttle down and not let off.

My favorites would have to be my most driven cars.
2010 Chevrolet Camaro Touring Car
2014 Red Bull X2014 Junior
Formula Gran Turismo (Detuned to drive like an Indycar)
1988 Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A

I'll add a couple more because I have too many favorites. The Lotus 97T (it may even be my favorite over the Corvette), the GT350, and the Pontiac Trans Am.

Gotta say I love me some 300hp 850kg rear engine fun, brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it, anything with enough practice can kick ass around any track!
Matterhoen.jpg

Call me a wierdo, but my 2 favourite cars are the Toyota sports 800 and the Mitsubishi airtrek turbo r.

The Toyota is a kei car with a 2-cylinder boxer engine. (Yes you heard right) I have it in a mountain green (from the el Camino) with black rims. Rwd, 600kg and 143hp. Interestingly enough, it was the first production car ever to have a Targa top, outdating the Porsche 911. Great fun to drive.

Now, the airtrek...
Its basically an evo with an ugly mini 4x4 body. Similar to the forester in a lot of ways. I have mine in a light beige with the stock rims and it looks disgusting. So, a perfect sleeper. And yes, it is faster than the dihatsu storia. I've tested it. I've been kicked for being a hacker before.

Anyway, highly recommend you pick up both of these cars and enjoy them as much as I have.

I got invited into a rally room on monday, and ended up buying the Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205)...
Toyota GT-Four.jpg
I then proceded drive it on the reverse Eiger Nordwand W trail for a good 2 hours.

It is SO much fun slinging this thing around with on hand on the shifter and the other on the wheel. Drifting around every corner with ease and getting as close to the walls as possible. Steering wheel shaking in your hand as you fight for control everytime you land a jump. Dust flying in the air behind you. Slamming on the brakes trying to get it slowed down for the hairpins. :drool: I think I found heaven. :D

Fell in love with GT by Citroen road car and Race car in GT6. The superior car models in GT6 tends to bring them out, I didn't and still do not think much of the road car in GT5 though the race car tends to keep its wickedness. I love the road car and its peculiar design if I ever laid eyes on that thing in the streets my mouth would drop, it would be such a camera shot target, it looks outrageous but believable and that’s the seller for me. The sound update was much needed it used to sound like the m5 V10. Now though it truly sounds like a V8 is sitting behind you. I keep it so stock it's not funny; power, weight, sport hard tires, suspension I even entertain myself from time to time with comfort softs once in a while...yep love the way it is. Only bad point for me is the visibility in cockpit view but even then I’m just splitting hairs really I only race in cockpit view.

I love the race car more strangely enough but how? It sounds terrible, the visibility in cockpit view is even worse thanks to the windscreen banner and LED display that comes out of the drivers dash and what’s more, it suffers from the GT6 Physic engine bug usually found on Mid-engine raced cars. That snap over steer when coming off the throttle in low speed corners. It's awful! If you only could see the suspension set up for the Citroen GT race car you are given to race in the S-2 mission race. Go on try them for yourself if you have not already, buy the race car test it on a tight track, then use the one on the super S-2 test. Chalk and cheese me thinks.

Either way I’ve made some of my own adjustments and lessened the effect, it’s not gone (I’m not all that at tuning) but allows a greater margin for error before it happens plus, I’ve adapted and know to always part throttle on mid and slow speed corners with this car anyway. It tests you yes and It’s a challenge to pilot, but gives you a rewarding feeling when you get it right consistently.

I’m a big fan of the GT1 and GT2/GTLM class whether it’s from the BPR homologations era or the FIA GT homologations era. I feel that the GT by Citroen race car is a race car of the future in that it represents what design elements and features would be present on a modern day GT1 car if the class had survived up till this point in time. That steering wheel-as the in game bio on the race car states- truly does make you feel like you are in a jet fighter, that stability fin adopted from current LMP cars and the green LED display on the dash looks like top grade tech. love it! Last time I checked 600 M on the clock in the road car, nothing out of the ordinary but the race car was over 1800M.

Fell in love with GT by Citroen road car and Race car in GT6. The superior car models in GT6 tends to bring them out, I didn't and still do not think much of the road car in GT5 though the race car tends to keep its wickedness. I love the road car and its peculiar design if I ever laid eyes on that thing in the streets my mouth would drop, it would be such a camera shot target, it looks outrageous but believable and that’s the seller for me. The sound update was much needed it used to sound like the m5 V10. Now though it truly sounds like a V8 is sitting behind you. I keep it so stock it's not funny; power, weight, sport hard tires, suspension I even entertain myself from time to time with comfort softs once in a while...yep love the way it is. Only bad point for me is the visibility in cockpit view but even then I’m just splitting hairs really I only race in cockpit view.

I love the race car more strangely enough but how? It sounds terrible, the visibility in cockpit view is even worse thanks to the windscreen banner and LED display that comes out of the drivers dash and what’s more, it suffers from the GT6 Physic engine bug usually found on Mid-engine raced cars. That snap over steer when coming off the throttle in low speed corners. It's awful! If you only could see the suspension set up for the Citroen GT race car you are given to race in the S-2 mission race. Go on try them for yourself if you have not already, buy the race car test it on a tight track, then use the one on the super S-2 test. Chalk and cheese me thinks.

Either way I’ve made some of my own adjustments and lessened the effect, it’s not gone (I’m not all that at tuning) but allows a greater margin for error before it happens plus, I’ve adapted and know to always part throttle on mid and slow speed corners with this car anyway. It tests you yes and It’s a challenge to pilot, but gives you a rewarding feeling when you get it right consistently.

I’m a big fan of the GT1 and GT2/GTLM class whether it’s from the BPR homologations era or the FIA GT homologations era. I feel that the GT by Citroen race car is a race car of the future in that it represents what design elements and features would be present on a modern day GT1 car if the class had survived up till this point in time. That steering wheel-as the in game bio on the race car states- truly does make you feel like you are in a jet fighter, that stability fin adopted from current LMP cars and the green LED display on the dash looks like top grade tech. love it! Last time I checked 600 M on the clock in the road car, nothing out of the ordinary but the race car was over 1800M.
When I first bought that car and looked at the interior my mouth dropped to the floor. It looks outstanding and the limited visibility is a challenge. But that snap oversteer bug you talked about is the reason why I don't drive it. Even though I wish I could. I've tried and tried and I cannot tune it out.

TVR Speed 12 is my favourite car in GT6 and I have been driving it since GT4 and in GT5 I own 3 TVR Speed 12's one has a supercharger and was given to me by my friend in Sweden. The second car has a turbo and the third one has nothing. All of them are maroon red. Most people tell me TVR's are to hard to drive I just think they are making excuses.

When I first bought that car and looked at the interior my mouth dropped to the floor. It looks outstanding and the limited visibility is a challenge. But that snap oversteer bug you talked about is the reason why I don't drive it. Even though I wish I could. I've tried and tried and I cannot tune it out.
Yeah overtime I've come to except it probably is not curable but tameable at least. Though I would not be surprised if some of the gifted tuners on GTP managed to find a sweet spot in the tuning.

My Alpine A110 just passed 10 000 kilometers on the odometer. And I celebrated it with a new suspension tune that made it even more fun to drive :D

I have to say the Lotus Carlton is one beautifully handling car, and is definitely my favorite 4 door 'saloon' along with the 190E Evo, and with slight tuning can tear up M5s and E55s.

Strangely, I love the Mitsubishi HSR II and its pixelly flaps. I have to say though, the Countach 25th is awesome too.

Hmm stuck between those 4...

Just last night I discovered the best car in the game. SLS AMG Mercedes. Without doubt.

I've built up a fortune of 14m and have no more interest in the races, so I went on a shopping spree and bought loads of good performing premium cars. The SLS was one of them.
I added front and rear aero with rear downforce set to maximum, plus sports soft tires (unless it already has them? can't remember). Took to the Nurburgring with all aids off except ABS set to 1, set brake balance to 3/6. I gotta tell you I don't recall ever enjoying driving as much as that. I ended up doing 10 laps before even realising. An absolute joy to drive, handles like a dream, very fast, very agile...

I'm genuinely in love with that car.

Just last night I discovered the best car in the game. SLS AMG Mercedes. Without doubt.

I've built up a fortune of 14m and have no more interest in the races, so I went on a shopping spree and bought loads of good performing premium cars. The SLS was one of them.
I added front and rear aero with rear downforce set to maximum, plus sports soft tires (unless it already has them? can't remember). Took to the Nurburgring with all aids off except ABS set to 1, set brake balance to 3/6. I gotta tell you I don't recall ever enjoying driving as much as that. I ended up doing 10 laps before even realising. An absolute joy to drive, handles like a dream, very fast, very agile...

I'm genuinely in love with that car.

The GT3 11?

10535785_661128710642119_2839182962108344921_o.jpg
893058_437701426318183_1431997517_o.jpg
THIS. 6:38 at Nurburgring, was one of my real life personal cars so love it haha. kicked Cobra and Mclaren ass in it with my setup. 250mph when I last did a top speed test. challenging handling if youre not very experienced but damn near amazing if you know what it can do. Oh and my Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo too :D

Last edited:
Back