your favorite motosport?

• Thread starter OoNismoO
  • 24 comments

your favorite motorsport?

• formula 1

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • JGTC(all-japan grand touring car championship)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • le mans(any class)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • WRC(world rally championship)

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • nascar

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • IRL(indy racing league)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Champ Cars

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • V8 Supercars

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Touring cars

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • MotoGP/Superbikes

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
whats your favorite motorsport? which one would you rather watch, or what do you watch most often? which one do you wish you could compete in? if your favorite motorsport isnt up there, then state in your post.

Someone please move this to the "Drifting and Other Motorsports" forums, please?

V8 supercars because:
A) They are enjoyable to watch
B) They are on during the day (not at all hours of the night like F1/MotoGP, which i also love)
C) Are usually live or close to it (unlike WRC which is shown here as a highlights package weeks after the event.)

As for JGTC, Lemans (sportscar racing in general) and other touring car series they are rarely, if ever, on TV here so it's hard to get excited about them. I would love to watch them though.

Gone for Le Mans, purely as there was no option for Sportscars/GT racing (of which Le Mans is a part of).

Get quite a bit of this on TV in the UK and I try to get to as many British GT championship rounds as I can.

After that WRC (and any other rallying) and Touring car racing (DTM, BTCC, V8 Supercars, JGTC).

I like most production based sportscar series but not anything where there is only one manufacturer involved like Carrera Cup. V8 Supercars because it has our local stars in local cars and F1 because it's, well, it's F1. I love speedway whether it be sprintcars, speedcars or sedans.

They occasionly show a brilliant championship on motors tv here in the UK from Australia, cant remember what its called but it features the widest range of cars I've ever seen in a motor race like Imprezas, Evos, BMW Mcoupes, Lambos, Ferrari's, FWD, RWD, 4WD,MR etc... :drool: its like real life 'Gran Turismo'.
The rules must be very well worked out because the racing is always ultra tight with wins spread around all the cars. 👍

They are from the PROCAR series. Nations Cup ran the sportscars like Lambo, Ferrari and Porsche. GT Performance ran cars like the Imprezas, Evos, Golf R32 and the higher performing V8s from Holden and Ford. The Australian Production Car Championship (APCC) ran everything from Mitsubishi Mirages and Celicas to MR2s, BMWs and the more 'family' cars like Magnas, Camrys 6cyl and 8cyl Falcons and Commodores.
If you check out the PROCAR thread you will see that most of these cars have nowhere to race next year. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

Love all racing...but mostly love showroom stock class racing. SCCA series, thats great racing, plus Lemans, gt and gts classes esp.

DeltaS4
WRC. I would like to watch Le Mans but there is not any Finnish chanel that shows it :(

What! That sucks, how can a country that has rallying as its national sport (that is so cool by the way, England gets bloody football) ignore Le Mans from the TV schedule.

Still you can always follw it on the web with Le Mans radio, did that for a fair chunk of this years race and its good stuff.

I like WRC because it demands performance under many different conditions & it takes place over the most technical roads in the world. The bad thing about WRC is it's a drivers sport, not spectators sport, so I never get a chance to see it on TV. I can still watch videos & follow the sport on the internet, though.

I love the international setting of the F1. JGTC is coming to the U.S. for the first time and my brother is driving to California to see it. I want to go!

I vote for other; www.midgetmadness.com.

The car weigh's 1200lbs with driver and have well over 800bhp out of a 410ci conventional chevy V8 running on methanol (14/1 compression) with no driver aid's.

Matt Westfall & Kruseman battling for position_
20169499.5421_5959Jw.jpg

Weekly racing at it's best if you ask me.

Although numerous other racing series around the world do provide good entertainment. 👍

So the WRC win F1 by one vote!!! :dopey:

Seriously though... Not a lot of votes show what the population in GTP like the most... A WRC fan as myself enjoy the series but I don't think its the most popular motorsports in GTP... That part of the forum is slower than any other section...

BTW I enjoy NASCAR... Not like a big fan of any ovalracing... But I like the highlights that it brings time to time... (I have blood rushes watching it too... Never really had that on WRC yet...) Lots of teamwork... Bump drafts are fun to watch... 👍

Back