your favourite arcade

• Thread starter keeno_uk
  • 50 comments
United Kingdom
London
name your favourite arcade game namely because you played in the arcades the most at anytime preferebly if it only came out on arcade aswell. Mine is fight mania which is basically an arcade that simulates "Fist of the north star" by making you do loads of punches and timing them aswell damn that game is a work out :embarrassed:

Rally X 0wnZ j00!

Just gotta love that tune, do do do do- do--- DO!!
Or maybe pacman.

Oh and Asher I want my ****ing screwdriver back, you ****faced wanker. :P

Noooo, don't mention Street Fighter infront of Keeno. :scared:

You see he is a bit too good at that game, same with Tekken.

I used to play the original Ridge Racer allot, that game ruled.

I really like the new Initial D Arcade (the one you actually sit in). It seems almost up to par with GT3.

OA

Originally posted by duo17
I really like the new Initial D Arcade (the one you actually sit in). It seems almost up to par with GT3.

OA

It's good, but I wouldn't compare the game with GT3. The racing physics are unrealistic and try to imitate the OTT drifting in the Initial D Anime.

Originally posted by MistaY
It's good, but I wouldn't compare the game with GT3. The racing physics are unrealistic and try to imitate the OTT drifting in the Initial D Anime.

I don't see how it tries to imitate drifting. My Skyline in the arcade handles just like the one in GT3, unless its just me.

OA

Have you ever seen your driving on the replay, Keeno was watching me drive on the second machine and at almost every corner I was doing a drift, i'm not saying its bad or anything but you cant really compare it to GT3. I drove the R32 skyline a couple of times (the eeeevil black one :mischievous: ) and I could get that to drift.

I never did watch the replays so I'll take your word for it. The music is awesome too.

Time Crisis II is one of my other favorites. My sister and I almost beat it when we decided to dump about 40 dollars into it.

OA

Yeah, I like the music.

Bah, I think I remember seeing Keeno finish time crisis II with only like 5 credits or something.

But that's because he has it on PS2 as well, god damn his keen arse.

time crisis III is sick when I played it on the arcade can't wait till I get it on ps2. I also digged up my street fighter zero 3 man that game is klarss and tekken 4 sick

The initial D game is indeed up to par with GT3, the only thing they need now is a more realistic drifting system...Then maybe america could get some better drifters if they practiced.

Area 51....all of em. I think there are 4 or 5 but I'm am the Area 51 master :D

Originally posted by MistaY
Rally X 0wnZ j00!

Just gotta love that tune, do do do do- do--- DO!!
Or maybe pacman.

Man - you got Namco Museum Vol 1 for the PSX as well, huh? I was sitting up playing Bosconian and Rally X last night - I remember playing them when I was about 12.

You know - the whole reason I got the PSX and PS2 was to stop spending money at the arcades. It took three years, but it worked - I do pop in, but quite rarely now (once every three months, if that), generally to play F355 Challenge at Broadway, or Initial D at Macquarie, or maybe some pinball.

Yep, MAME.

Although there used to be a chip shop that had New Rally X in it, but they changed it to snow bro's (another good game) after a while.

Another arcade I like is MrDo, that game ruled.

Although it was one of those odd table shaped arcades.

Originally posted by duo17

OA

I like Initial D Arcade Stage too. I played it for the first time today and....:eek: Awesome! I also LOVE F355 Challenge and Dance Dance Revolution.

i don't really go to them often either... but i'd have to say the Star Wars arcade game.. its fun and some parts are so friggin hard!

I'm gonna go real "old school" on y'all.
Tempest,
Zaxxon (probably my fave),
Warlords,
Sprint 2 (you could choose your track and had to complete a certain number of laps to get extra time.)
I loved that game.

Originally posted by LoneWolfe
i just saw ridge racer on sale at the video store today, any good?

Depends what your after I suppose or how cheap it is, the later games IV and V tried to rip of Gran Turismo in style but the originals my favorite cr£p by todays standards but the original PSone classic. :)

My favorite is probably Dance Dance Revolution, because I am pretty good at it. I came so close to playing F355 Challenge (with it's manual transmission goodness), but I had to leave with everyone else. Damn.

It would be so good if I had enough money to buy a few arcade machines...:)

I like that Dance Dance thing, it's funny...

Back