Your First Car

• Thread starter downwiz2
  • 130 comments
U know that your first experience is the one to remember....i remember buying an RX-7 INFINI which was slow, but awesome handling....

so what was your first experience with GT2 like?

My 1st experience with GT2 didn't had many surprises... i just got a Supra TwinTurbo, like i did in GT1 for my 1st car, and started to trash the AI... :D

I've found it to be easier to control than in GT1, so winning races was also easier... maybe also because i had played GT1 before...

I bought one of the RX-7s (I belive the Infinni III) and went to town on everybody with that until I had enough money for the Mercury Cougar (which still is the best value car in the whole game).

Nissan silvia k's '91... cheap, good car :) Second dodge challenger - stndard tires and full tuned is realy challenging, third i don't remember...:P

Spoon S2000. I learnt from GT1 that it's better to get all golds in the B license than to buy a new/used car. Great car to start with though :D

I had the Supra TwinTurbo as well, a very competent car.
In GT1 my first was the '94 Prelude VTEC
In GT3 it was the Sprinter Trueno (AE86)
In GT4 I bought the expensive '91 Mercedes E190 with money "borrowed" from GT3. Great car, that one. ;)

In GT1 it was a black '88 Nissan Silvia Q's. I just got back from California and saw an honest-to-God Silvia btw....something you don't see on the east coast.

In GT2 (go ahead and laugh) it was one of those '82 Toyota Starlets. You know the one that's supposed to be jetliner silver but it's actually green! I lost 3 races in a row at the Sunday Cup...tried again with some aftermarket parts and lost AGAIN! I think after that I got an RX-7 Infini III and another Silvia.

GT3: I really wanted to buy the Silvia but now it's priced MORE than $18,000 so I couldn't afford it. Got a PT Cruiser instead.

Last edited:
My first car in GT2 was the Vauxhall Astra in Carriage Green as I was driving 1 in life, great car and handy in winning early races in GT2.

Parnelli Bone
In GT1 it was a black '88 Nissan Silvia Q's. I just got back from California and saw an honest-to-God Silvia btw....something you don't see on the east coast.

In GT2 (go ahead and laugh) it was one of those '82 Toyota Starlets. You know the one that's supposed to be jetliner silver but it's actually green! I lost 3 races in a row at the Sunday Cup...tried again with some aftermarket parts and lost AGAIN! I think after that i got an RX-7 Infini III and another Silvia.

GT3: i really wanted to buy the Silvia but now it's priced MORE than $18,000 so i couldn't afford it. Got a PT Cruiser instead.

Toyota starlet '82?? I love that car:) Look at this pictures http://img321.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drift23yr.jpg

In GT1 and 2 I started with Mark III TwinTurbo Supras, GT3 - none(I copied my friend's save), GT4 - money transfer to get and mod a EVO V?.

Parnelli Bone
NIce!!! Yeah, that little POS can become quite the mean drifting machine, can it not?

yes, I think every car can become quite the mean drifting machine... I can drift (dirt only:P) in my 126p 24HP, so all stronger cars are easier to drift :)

well i was quite the noob to racing games when i started gt2 so i got the easy to drive celica gt-four rc as my first ever car. now i prefer the skyline gts-t type m or whatever its called

'92 Celica GT (FF, no turbo - I think that's the right one, but I could be wrong.)

Went and beat the FF Special races a bunch of times, then I picked up a Shelby GT350. That's when the real dough started coming in. ;)

benzoboy
I bought a Mazda Lantis;)

Really, what did you think of it? I only raced on in GT1 and found that it understeered like crazy, and even after dumping tons of money into it, the Lantis still could barely keep up in the Clubman.

well in GT1.

i really didn't know what car. And i ended with some weird mini japanese van.
it was ****ing slow. And i hated GT then.

but then again, i didn't know **** about cars that time. It was when i started to pick up car as a hobby, that my real love for GT series began. If you are not a car enthusiast, its really hard to sit through GT, or any other racing game.

I think overall, correct me if you im wrong, but RX-7 infini are the best bang for your buck. costs about 9700, and runs and HANDLES awesomel. plus enter it in the Rx-7 meet for some great cash, earning 10000 points each time you win.

then i moved onto the skyline. starting with GTR r32, then R34, subaru, mitsu, basically ALL I EVER DROVE WERE JAPANESE cars. i've never tried american cars. i hate american cars.

I loved the bimmer in GT2, drift heaven, once you do some serious tuning! that car is so much fun once you start drifting in it.

silvia wasn't too much appeal. cause i hate em in real life, and htey are basically like ****. trueno i really like tho.

I don't think we have the Lantis here in America. Our 323 looks nothing like the Lantis in the game. I haven't tried the GT2 Lantis yet, but I'm sure you can go a lot further in it than you can in GT1.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Really, what did you think of it? I only raced on in GT1 and found that it understeered like crazy, and even after dumping tons of money into it, the Lantis still could barely keep up in the Clubman.

It was (In my opinion) quite nippy, and not to bad of a handler. Overall, I was happy :) mine was Turquoise/Green, best colour in my opinion also

In both GT1 and Gt2 I started with the Honda Prelude Vtec. A decent quite forgiving car
In GT4, the Nissan March
And I think ( I'm not sure ) I used the Nissan March too in Enthusia.

benzoboy
It was (In my opinion) quite nippy, and not to bad of a handler. Overall, I was happy :) mine was Turquoise/Green, best colour in my opinion also

I'll have to try it. I've been wanting to but there's still like 100 or so cars on my try list. :)

Last edited:
Here's the first three cars I've ever bought for each of the series (exception for the license prize car I won in my 2nd game of GT3):

GT1:
1st game: Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90, Honda Integra Type-R, TVR Cerbera
2nd game: Trueno/Levin AE86 (not sure which), MR2 GT-S, Mitsu GTO Twin Turbo (unfinished)

GT2:
1st game: Fiat 500R, Supra turbo '93, WRX Coupe STi '98
2nd game: Pulsar GTi-R '91, Honda S2000, RX-7 Type R '98
3rd game: Miata '93, Neon ACR, Lotus Elise (regular trim)
4th game: RX-7 Infini III '90, Trueno '85, Elan S2 '90
5th game: Civic Si '93, Corolla Levin BZ-G '98, Skyline R34
6th game: Silvia K's '91, Protege Sedan '89, Mercury Cougar '99
7th game: Alto Works '97, Prelude VTEC '94, Lexus GS400 (unfinished)

GT3:
1st game: VW New Beetle, Lexus IS, Mercedes E55
2nd game: Miata 1.8 RS (license prize car), Mercedes SLK320, Toyota Altezza

GT4:
1st game: Lexus SC300 '97, Honda Accord Coupe '88, Honda Civic Type-R '04 (unfinished)

pupik
Here's the first three cars I've ever bought for each of the series (exception for the license prize car I won in my 2nd game of GT3):

GT1:
1st game: Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90, Honda Integra Type-R, TVR Cerbera
2nd game: Trueno/Levin AE86 (not sure which), MR2 GT-S, Mitsu GTO Twin Turbo (unfinished)

GT2:
1st game: Fiat 500R, Supra turbo '93, WRX Coupe STi '98
2nd game: Pulsar GTi-R '91, Honda S2000, RX-7 Type R '98
3rd game: Miata '93, Neon ACR, Lotus Elise (regular trim)
4th game: RX-7 Infini III '90, Trueno '85, Elan S2 '90
5th game: Civic Si '93, Corolla Levin BZ-G '98, Skyline R34
6th game: Silvia K's '91, Protege Sedan '89, Mercury Cougar '99
7th game: Alto Works '97, Prelude VTEC '94, Lexus GS400 (unfinished)

GT3:
1st game: VW New Beetle, Lexus IS, Mercedes E55
2nd game: Miata 1.8 RS (license prize car), Mercedes SLK320, Toyota Altezza

GT4:
1st game: Lexus SC300 '97, Honda Accord Coupe '88, Honda Civic Type-R '04 (unfinished)

:) it's good to see I'm not the only one with multiple GT2 games going. So far I've got **memory cards going. Here's the first car from each! (like anyone cares).

1. the Meth Hed card: '88 Nissan Silvia Q's (I pretended it was a N. American 240 SX, tho since we don't have Silvias here). He of course prefers Vipers and old muscle cars, mostly lol.

2. Soccer Mom / Yuppy Scum: '96 Honda Accord Wagon & '91 Infiniti Q20.

3. Vanilla Rice / Baby Phat card: '93 Honda Prelude Si and '93 del Sol Si

4. White Trash Woman: '90 Mazda Savannah Efini III (tho she graduated to Camaros & Mustangs as soon as she could afford them).

5. Hippy Witch: '97 Mazda Demio GL. She graduated to Volkswagens and Subarus, tho, like a true hippy should.

6. 2 Short (hip hop guy) & My Baby Mama: I think he won the B license Spoon first then bought a '96 Toyota Celica SS-II. She got an Eclipse.

There's a couple cards with European drivers on them, but they were all forced to start with used Japanese cars. I have just revealed all my true nerd colors! :D

Last edited:
i really need to get GT4....

can you choose your oppenents car? rather than having the computer radnomly choose?

is there a "touge" track like the one in japan. a mountain track? cause i saw a video of an r32 and a hachiroku racing down a mountain in gt4 replay. or was it gt3?

i dont know everything about it, all ive done is rent it a few times :crazy: but no you cant choose your opponents cars. about the touge track, i dont think thereis but im not sure. some parts of the nurburgring kinda look like that. but there are races where you can drive on wet tracks and snow tracks

Back