Your opinion (NSX ? Supra ? Skyline ?)

• Thread starter MugenVTEC
  • 51 comments

NSX ? Supra ? or Skyline ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys,

I'm about to make some endurance races and I can't choose between 3 nice cars. I wanted y'all opinion about those 3.

Anyway here's the cars:

Come on, vote :)

It depends on what endurance are you gonna use 'em, but i'd go with the NSX overall, I'm not too crazy about the Supra, I just don't like the way the headlights look, and the GT-R is mmmhh...ok, but i'd say the NSX...BTW why don't you choose the Takata Dome NSX (the yellow one)?

Ciao.....

Mr.OzzyGT
It depends on what endurance are you gonna use 'em, but i'd go with the NSX overall, I'm not too crazy about the Supra, I just don't like the way the headlights look, and the GT-R is mmmhh...ok, but i'd say the NSX...BTW why don't you choose the Takata Dome NSX (the yellow one)?

Ciao.....

I don't want to go with the power but more with the look considering all of the raced-up NSX's have the same power, Supra's have the same power, and Skyline's have the same power (in exceptions of a couple ones in each category but the differences are tiny). So, I've choosed them by the look :)

Also, I don't believe that a car is better for one endurance than another, I pretty think they are pretty equal. Size and weight are definitly not the same but I'm sure I could managed any of those 3 on the track. But anyway, I plan of doing Grand Valley 200km first.

If I remember correctly, the JGTC Supras of that year had the 3S-GTE turbo four-cylinder, so you might save a little bit on gas, and the slight defecit of torque might help you run tires a little longer compared to the GTR... ;) I've also been really liking Toyotas lately, although the MkIV Supra has never been one of my favorites, because of its massive popularity.

Even though I also really like Nissans, the R34 doesn't really get any respect from me, simply because it's been tainted with the love of zillions of feverish, ignorant fanboys across the world. :indiff:

I've never really liked Honda, but the NSX is a completely different story...the power goes to the correct wheels, the styling is classic, the handling is exquisite, and it caused a big ruckus when it came out, but is horribly underrated today. That Loctite NSX is the best-looking car of the three, too.

My vote? Go with the NSX. You can't go wrong with Ayrton Senna's car... ;) 👍

Wolfe2x7
If I remember correctly, the JGTC Supras of that year had the 3S-GTE turbo four-cylinder, so you might save a little bit on gas, and the slight defecit of torque might help you run tires a little longer compared to the GTR... ;) I've also been really liking Toyotas lately, although the MkIV Supra has never been one of my favorites, because of its massive popularity.

Even though I also really like Nissans, the R34 doesn't really get any respect from me, simply because it's been tainted with the love of zillions of feverish, ignorant fanboys across the world. :indiff:

I've never really liked Honda, but the NSX is a completely different story...the power goes to the correct wheels, the styling is classic, the handling is exquisite, and it caused a big ruckus when it came out, but is horribly underrated today. That Loctite NSX is the best-looking car of the three, too.

Wow that really helpful. Thanks for dropping your opinion on those 3 badboys :)

Performance-wise: Loctite-Zexel GTR (JGTC)👍

Fun-wise: au-Cerumo Supra (JGTC)

What would look damn good on a replay: Loctite NSX (JGTC)

I wouldn't buy any of those but one of the later models (Takata NSX, Woodone Supra or Xanavi Skyline). They may not have more power, but I can assure you that their handling is vastly superior to the older ones.

In short:

If you want peak power, go for the Supra.
If you want torque, go for the Skyline.
If you want excitement in your life, go for the NSX.

- R -

Greycap
I wouldn't buy any of those but one of the later models (Takata NSX, Woodone Supra or Xanavi Skyline). They may not have more power, but I can assure you that their handling is vastly superior to the older ones.

In short:

- R -

👍

Wolfe2x7

2 Things, even though your little review was great! Anyone i know that likes the GTR is becuase it looks soo damn hawt! Not becuase of anything elese. Even though it IS properly fast, and it can get you where you want to go, knowing your safe behind all these Japanese safty systems. To me it's a awsome car.

But the NSX, i would have to agree, and support your statment. And Honda does have the S2000 with RWD. But don't expect super cars from Honda, even though they did the NSX, which i do agree is underated. (unlike the Skyline.. Vette... and a few other american cars.)

Not sure about the looks part but it defenatly looks good.

Greycap

In short:

- R -

Those are the most powerful. Takata is the most powerful NSX, as well as for the Woodone with the Supra's but the Xanavi is second in the list because the Penzoil is the most powerful. ;)

Greycap

In short:

- R -
Couldn't agree more 👍

(Although I seem to remember us making a XANAVI GT-R extremely 'exciting' indeed ;))

MugenVTEC
the Xanavi is second in the list because the Penzoil is the most powerful. ;)
True, but the torque figures equal it out. And the XANAVI car is faster overall, too :dopey:

I voted for the Skyline, not just because of my exceptional bias but because I'd say it's the best car for the job anyway. You can make it as docile or completely nuts (;)) as you like, too, and it's good on tyres.

As Greycap said, though, I'd go for the 2003 NisMo XANAVI car over Loctite's older version. Hope I've been helpful 👍

DE

The difference between the Xanavi and the other Skyline's is that the Xanavi is a V6 instead of an Inline-6. I find it very wierd that it's a V but the look of the Xanavi is really crazy.

Can someone light me over the V6 thing with the Xanavi ??

Not sure I can really enlighten you as to why the 2003 XANAVI car is engined how it is, but I can tell you it's Nissan's VQ30DETT engine. This is, as you say, a six-cylinder V-formation 3-litre.
The GT-R's standard block is Nissan's RB26DETT, which is a 2.6 litre displacement straight-six. You could just bore out an RB26 to get as much displacement as you like, and several teams did. But NisMo decided to throw away the RB-series engine and use a VQ30, which is already almost 3 litres, in the XANAVI car. I guess they didn't go too far with the displacement to let the car rev freely with a compact six-cylinder engine. The V-formation of the cylinders seems to have given more torque. (So maybe I have given you some idea why :)) 👍

And yes, the 2003 XANAVI car looks awesome :sly:

DE

Dark Elite
Not sure I can really enlighten you as to why the 2003 XANAVI car is engined how it is...

V engines are more compact than inline engines, so the VQ could be placed a bit lower and further back, improving weight balance. Also, the VQ has an aluminum alloy block, while the RB26 has a cast-iron block, so the VQ is lighter, too. ;)

Dark Elite
Not sure I can really enlighten you as to why the 2003 XANAVI car is engined how it is, but I can tell you it's Nissan's VQ30DETT engine. This is, as you say, a six-cylinder V-formation 3-litre.
The GT-R's standard block is Nissan's RB26DETT, which is a 2.6 litre displacement straight-six. As JGTC500-class regulations allow up to 3000cc engine displacement, you could just bore out an RB26 to get as close to this as you like, and several teams did. But NisMo decided to throw away the RB-series engine and use a VQ30 in the XANAVI car, which is already just under 3 litres, and the V-formation of the cylinders seems to have given more torque. (So maybe I have given you some idea why :)) 👍

And yes, the 2003 XANAVI car looks awesome :sly:

DE

Doesn't the VQ30DETT is the 350Z engine ??

(My post has actually been edited a little, regarding the displacements, you might want to quote the newer version :))

That's true as well, Wolfe, I forgot about the lighter construction of the VQ-series engines.

MugenVTEC
Doesn't the VQ30DETT is the 350Z engine ??
Nope, the 350Z road car has a V6, but it's just short of 3.5 litres in displacement, and isn't twin-turbo if my memory serves me well (TT stands for Twin Turbo in the DETT suffix). But it may be part of the VQ series, I'm not sure about that.

DE

Dark Elite
(My post has actually been edited a little, regarding the displacements, you might want to quote the newer version :))

That's true as well, Wolfe, I forgot about the lighter construction of the VQ-series engines.

Nope, the 350Z road car has a V6, but it's just short of 3.5 litres in displacement, and isn't twin-turbo if my memory serves me well (TT stands for Twin Turbo in the DETT suffix). But it may be part of the VQ series, I'm not sure about that.

DE

In my opinion, as a V6 I'll say it's twin-turbo, because it's a V (dual header). I can be wrong, but I think it is.

EDIT: I searched a little on Google and the VQ30DE is from the G35. VQ30DETT, I don't know...

The 350Z has a VQ35DE, which is a naturally-aspirated 3.5L DOHC V6.

The next GT-R is rumored to have a VQ35DETT, which would be a twin-turbo 3.5L DOHC V6.

Wolfe2x7

The next GT-R is rumored to have a VQ35DETT, which would be a twin-turbo 3.5L DOHC V6.

If there is no car associated to the VQ30DETT, could it be a prototype/beta or an engine built by Nismo that you buy and put in the Nissan you want (like Spoon make for Honda's. They sell built engine ready to install. B-series engine built for racing specs) ??

Wolfe
I guessed as much.

Wolfe
Yes, it is rumoured to be on for a VQ--DETT, likely to be 35. Nothing confirmed yet, though (and my ear is very close to the ground on that one ;))

MugenVTEC
If there is no car associated to the VQ30DETT, could it be a prototype/beta or an engine built by Nismo that you buy and put in the Nissan you want (like a racing engine) ??
I think it's more likely (if it isn't used in a producation Nissan) to be a race-developed engine, and probably not readily available to the public, which was detuned and bored out for the 350Z. But I'm speculating here :)

DE

Wikipedia is your friend, guys. ;)

VQ30DD (direct injection) -- 2002-2005 V35 Skyline
VQ30DE -- QX, Cefiro, Maxima, l30, Bassara, Presage
VQ30DET (single turbo) -- Gloria, Cedric, Leopard

VQ30DETT -- Just a VQ30 with two turbos, used on the JGTC cars as you guys already established. :)

Wolfe2x7
Wikipedia is your friend, guys. ;)

VQ30DD (direct injection) -- 2002-2005 V35 Skyline
VQ30DE -- QX, Cefiro, Maxima, l30, Bassara, Presage
VQ30DET (single turbo) -- Gloria, Cedric, Leopard

VQ30DETT -- Just a VQ30 with two turbos, used on the JGTC cars as you guys already established. :)

Ok then. :)

By the way, VQ30DE, that pulls very nice 👍

If you want to stick with the older NSXes, they all have (basically) the "same" handling, no matter which one you take ... except the Takata NSX, which has "different" handling compared to the other ones.

The older ones feel a bit more "raw", whereas the Takata-one drives more properly.

Buy all of them! You HAVE to have used a Gameshark, AR, CB, or something to get nearly 1 billion Cr.!!! Or get an R8!👍

-Edit-

My bad, 1 TRILLION CREDITS?!?!? BUY EVERY CAR IN THE GAME! Twice!

samj_13
Buy all of them! You HAVE to have used a Gameshark, AR, CB, or something to get nearly 1 billion Cr.!!! Or get an R8!👍

-Edit-

My bad, 1 TRILLION CREDITS?!?!? BUY EVERY CAR IN THE GAME! Twice!

I do have alot of money but I still play with fair cars in the races. I don't want to buy all of them (or at least not now) because I don't need 3 JGTC cars.

Also, the R8 is not a car I want to use for events in GT4, and even if I wanted to use that kind of car I would use the GT-One because of it's handling.

Buying all the cars ? Well, I'll pass...

Back