Your own cars in LAN

• Thread starter ELecTriC
  • 10 comments
Im about to order a linkcable and would like to ask you if you know if you can use your own cars from the garage while doing LAN play? That's alot more fun than using the premade arcade cars.

Do you need crossover cables to do LAN or regular ethernet cables. I never seemed to get mine to work.

For a direct connection between two Playstations, you need a crossover cable. If you use a device inbetween, like a switch or a hub, you need standard cables.

Regards
the Interceptor

Ordered the cables now. Gonna be interesting to play more than just 2. It just got to be alot of fun. :D Even with just arcadecars...
Ho and while im at it; We are usuall 3 buddys playing, so does the third player got full screen or hvae to deal with a splitscreen anyway while the other is empty?

I wasn't aware of 3-player play. Can you do that? If you can race 3 to 4 players on two PS2s and two TVs, that would be fun.

If you are using LAN play, then it's one player per PS2. If you want 3 to play, then you need 3 PS2s and a hub/switch. Split screen is not an option.

No way??? So 4 player on 2 consoles aint possible? FFS Poly, damn you suckers. Why the hell did you delay the damn game so much? Just polish graphics?... crappers. Add more functions next time, damn it!

Big dissapointment. I-link did not work, and i thought it would obviosly work. 10 euro down the drain. And of course when we noticed it didnt work, but GT3 did, i didnt had that disc with me...
Will i even bother get the networkadapter?... Bleh
Next time i will rtfm twice.

I'm sorry to hear that. Do check out threads like these. I know how frustrating it can be. I probably wasted an hour or two on same stuff as well. And the ultimate award: You can not use your own cars from your garage. :grumpy:

P.D. were really clumsy on this deal, but since you invested so much time and effort into this already, I think it's worth trying again with bit more critical information this time.

Back