Your Pride Ride

• Thread starter vette_7t9
  • 39 comments
Please post your pride ride and explain why it is so very important to you.

My pride ride is the 1969 427 Corvette. I love to watch it on replay, and driving it is a blast. When fully suped up and tuned, this car is really fast.

I used to really like being in the RUF CTR2, watching it anihilate the competition, and it looks so good on the replay. I still like it a lot, but it's too much of a car for me to be proud of beating people with it. It's too easy.

The car that I'm the most proud of in the game is my black '71 Dodge Charger. I saw Bullitt for the first time about a week after I got the game, and since the '68 Cobra isn't in the game (but...why?) I had to setle for the Charger. I spent a lot of time tuning it, and now it's absolutely perfect for my style. It doesn't drift, so to speak, but it power-slides; which is to say, I can't get it at such a close angle to the wall, but it can go through the first turn at Seattle at speeds my RUF has trouble matching. It looks great as well, but I've never been all that fond of the way the windows sweep upward to meet the tail. Still, my best GT2 work.

That card was corrupted about 2 weeks ago.

Well, I still like giving the Flame Red Neon ACR a flog in the ~591hp races.

I made two "copy" hybrids with a stock Viper engine (410hp?) in it for the GT300 series, and threw a Concept Car LM engine (524hp) in another for beating the GT500 squad. The FF drivetrain has an interesting time managing all that power, but it's enough to pass cars on the outside of long turns. I tried a Speed 12 engine in it, and it's just too much power for a FF car.

As for the LM's: The RX-7 GT-C LM is an absolute beauty.

And the Daishin Silvia is great fun to drive, too.

The Speed 12, with nothing done to it except super soft tires :D

I don't really win many races with it, but it's just so fun to drive once you get the hang of it. Great fun if you like powersliding and stuff.

Two of my Hondas: an Accord Type R with 323hp that can win the Test Course against the likes of the RUF CTR2 and the Vector M12, and a stock Spoon Integra Type R because it has great handling.

The car I used to own, Dodge Neon ACR sedan

20038177647769289252332.jpg

Honda CR-X 91

sure, it doesn't have impressive power (205 hp and 138 lbs per feet)

however, it has great handling and does the 0-60 in 5 seconds.

the only cars i can't beat are the higher class S cars (400-600 HP with racing mods) but the rest stand in awe at my superior handling.

Love watching my '96 Sti with mod on on replays around grindelwald. That vintage will always be the best looking soob. Rufs always look good around midfield....will have to give the rest some thought:)

Subaru Imprezza WRX STi Ver 6 in the whitle and green Racing Mod. Very fast after lots of tuning and I love to drive it around Grand Valley Speedway.

i used to love watching my peugeot 106. it was blue with black wheels and could beat the 350-400 hp cars. my 82 vette is in a close 2nd though. i won countless races in that car.

i'd have to say the 69 camero.. i had it all done out.. there was allmost no lean around the corners it looked great not to bad for the sound the acceleration was decent i had alot of fun with the car.

i have to say mine is either the Impreza Type R Sti Version 5 or the Mazda Protege '89 because it can wipe the floor witht he super touring races
i also like the my blue sunny VZR wiht gold rims (impreza lookalike!:lol: ) because it has won the GT trophy despite only having 244 hp, pity its race mod is dull:odd:

Prelude 98 Sir-S: very good all rounder and it can beat 591hp cars if you know about gear ratios. You can race a lot of different tracks with it as it is not very powerful.

Fiat Coupe with race mod: Same reason

These are not the fastest but they still kick arse

my audi tt
It was one of my first cars at the time I didn't have alot of money but ever dollar I made I spent on that car and now it's has 391 hp andis capable of over 300 km/h

i gotta say my latest pride ride is the A-Spec rx7 with black race mod. Wow, that thing has the show to match its go :drool:

Blue SilEighty is definitely my favourite, looks great and slides around all the corners very nicely. No SilEighty in GT3 though, however apparantly one returning in GT4 so I'm a happy camper :E

my favorite car is my tommy kaira r dressed in black.
it has around 3,200 hp . does 120-ish mph at the end of 2nd gear with current settings. its a pain to drive on any type of twisty track...or even turning is a chore....blip the throttle and the car goes sideways....and it will do the 400m at 7.4 seconds.

its a lovely beast.

Hmm, probably either my Tuscan Speed 6, I learned tuning with it, and it can beat both the All Stars, and the GT300 crew without breaking a sweat, another I really like is my Tommy Kaira M30 '87, has an amazing exhaust sound, and handles beautifully for a reasonably powerful non-racemodded FR.

My ride pride is my Mine's Lancer because I can drift at every curve, long or short curve, and my Toyota Sprinter Trueno Gt Apex with racing mod, I win with him almost part of special races, first line up of Gran turismo races and 1 race in endurance. I race with him against cars with 591 hp with racing mods, it is a very good car with my settings.:rolleyes:

The FF drivetrain has an interesting time managing all that power, but it's enough to pass cars on the outside of long turns. I tried a Speed 12 engine in it, and it's just too much power for a FF car.

If I read correctly, I can put an engine from a car to another different car, is that possible? How?:odd:

Buy a DexDrive, upload your game from the memory card to your computer, and there's some kind of program wherein you can alter a car's parts. For GT3 it's MK's Whatever, but I don't know what it is for 2.

My Pride Ride is my race-modded Mazda 323/Protégé 1989 sedan with 370 hp. It can beat almsot anything the game can throw at it. See also the thread i made dedicated to this gem.

Audi TT Race Modded, in yellow with three-spoke enki rims. I just like running it in dificult mode in arcade... but the races are too easy. :D

That and the Opel Ice Race Car.

I know my name is viperR but my Pride is in My RAYBRIG NSX this is my heart and soul car live and die by it. don't know why but I just love it.

This is the purple one I bought the Mugen and mobil and a 97 normal NSX alsobut they just dont seem the same even though the Mugen and Mobil are. I completed all the races I could with this car I just love to take it out against much higher competition and burn them. Let them eat my dust. They can go cry while I do donuts in victory.:sly:

Back