your thought's on cheating in vice city

• Thread starter km
  • 17 comments

km

(Banned)
there i made it for u guys so u can talk about cheating

i think that u should finish the game first then use cheats

When I'm bored and dont want to progess in the game and just shoot up people, I cheat and dont save.

Originally posted by Zero
When I'm bored and dont want to progess in the game and just shoot up people, I cheat and dont save.

That's pretty much what I do. I try to play the missions straight, but I'm easily frustrated...and bored by the nitpicky-ness of the whole thing...if that means anything to anyone. Mostly I like going on long rampages. Lots of ammo, lots of armor, lots of 'splosions. I like 'splosions. :D

Did anyone else notice that when you use GameShark's infinite ammo cheat, the shotgun and RPG are fully automatic? The auto shotgun alone is neat, but an auto RPG can destroy a tank in 10 seconds. :fiery:

Rockstar has stated that cheating will alter the outcome of the game, preventing people from getting everything out of it.
In GTA3 I would use the Rhino code to rampage around a bit (when I didn't want to do missions, but wanted to create a little mayhem) before I was able to get a full wanted level, but I never saved those games.

On GTA3 I like to have all the weapons at my disposal. So if there is an all weapons cheat in VC ill use that.

Being invincable makes the game boring though.

well if you want all the guns collect all the hidden packages :rolleyes: That's what i do. it's boring, but it is well worth it in the end, because when you pick them up at your place, it gives way more ammo than using the cheat. :)

I'm not totally against cheating but i want to play vice city's story line with out cheating like i did in GTA3. However.... I entered the flying code that makes cars fly for like a half mile or more, entered it again to disable it(it did), found some hidden packages and saved my game(seeing the warning). I'm wondering that since I used that cheat and tried to disable it and saved my game if it will affect my save in any way. I hope not because i want 100% this time around. Does anybody think it will?

yes it affects you getting all 100 hidden packages i foud that out th hard way now i only have 98 on the cheating file and 100 on the non cheating file. thats about all it affects that i know because i have 99% done and those 2 pkgs. i need for 100 per cent

never mind the hidden packeges one , i just missed one on a building and behind a billbored, so i guess cheats dont affect getting 100%, at least not for me.

by the way...the hunter is sweet

My thoughts:

The only cheats I will use are the character cheats, where you change characters, like in the old one you could become an FBI officer or some old tiny lady. That's the only cheat I use.

Back