Your Tourist Trophy Questions...?

Touring Mars

ツーリング マルス
Scotland
Glasgow
GTP_Mars
This thread is dedicated to any small questions about Tourist Trophy you may have that are not covered in the 'Look Before You Ask' thread which do not necessarily merit creating a new thread themselves...

If you are answering a specific question, please quote the original question in your answer 👍

I have a question. In the "game status" screen where it tells you your game complete percentage, bonus bikes, etc. what goes in the spaces to the right? Currently, my Kawasaki ZX-10R Suzuka 8H R is in one of those spaces.

Mopar
I have a question. In the "game status" screen where it tells you your game complete percentage, bonus bikes, etc. what goes in the spaces to the right? Currently, my Kawasaki ZX-10R Suzuka 8H R is in one of those spaces.

The other 8hr bikes you win

With the different riding types, is there anyone that's better than the other? Leaving out motard of course. Is leaning with the body better or worse or the same as leaning the bike?

Just wondering as I can't see a difference.

In GT4 you dont have to worry about spinning out if you mash the throttle on a Saleen S7, the wheelspin doesn't pull you to the right or left, but is TT a bit more difficult than GT4 in that part?

I just get the game yesterday. In RL I don't ride a bike neither know how to. Been thinking about getting the bike license but I'm kind of more interested in a Cruiser than in a Sport bike.

Anyway, I'm on the first race with this poor excuse of a bike that don't do 85 on a down hill (not that there are any...) and for the life of me I can't figure out how to win the first race.

Any suggestions?

Also, since my virtual racing background is Gran Turismo, I'm most comfortable fine-tuning the car that worrying about the drivers FORM... In this game (for the obvious reasons) the Form is important. I don't understand in what way this affect the performance of the bike.

Is there any FAQ or walk-through document that explains how to fine-tune the Form?

I don't know if this has been mentioned somewhere else before, but does anyone know what the red indicator on HUD above the tire wear indicator is and what it means when it changes colors. Thanks.

jv38
I just get the game yesterday. In RL I don't ride a bike neither know how to. Been thinking about getting the bike license but I'm kind of more interested in a Cruiser than in a Sport bike.

Anyway, I'm on the first race with this poor excuse of a bike that don't do 85 on a down hill (not that there are any...) and for the life of me I can't figure out how to win the first race.

Any suggestions?

Also, since my virtual racing background is Gran Turismo, I'm most comfortable fine-tuning the car that worrying about the drivers FORM... In this game (for the obvious reasons) the Form is important. I don't understand in what way this affect the performance of the bike.

Is there any FAQ or walk-through document that explains how to fine-tune the Form?

About your first question, how to win the race, don't use the scooter. Go to the challenge mode and try to win a bigger bike. That's what I did

Tylor

Does anyone know if mileage accumulates, or does it simply reset after every race in the Challenge mode (like in Arcade mode in GT4, for example).

Rider form:
In real life (and in TT), where the CG of the rider is greatly affects how the bike handles. For the most part, the goal is to get the CG as far to the inside of the bike as possible. This lets you turn the same arc, with the bike more upright (more upright = more grip = more acceleration). This is great for long sweepers, as you can maximise cornering clearance (the amount you can lean before hard parts start scraping the ground).

This isnt so great for tight transitions (left-right-left, for example). It takes a long time to transition the wieght from side to side, and it also upsets the bike whenever you shift your wieght. This is where the 'neutral' style comes into play. Still decent cornering clearance, but much more stable rider, therefore faster leans.

A bike does not lean instantly, a car can turn instantly... The secret to riding a bike fast (IRL and in TT), is to flick it over as fast as possible. The faster you can get it turned, the less time you have to be at full lean, and the more time you can accellerate.

The 'push it under' style is a big no-no in real life, it uselessly sucks up all your cornering clearance. Normally, people 'push it under' when they are afraid of leaning with the bike.

There are exceptions, as in motard racing, where you need to flick the bike side to side VERY quickly. And scince the riders can keep the bike up with thier feet (and are skilled at sliding..), this works out ok.

hope that helps somewhat.

I wonder why they are delaying Europes release in comparison to USAs.

Do you think we will see more features in the PAL version?

Its killing me... I would really love to get a hands on on this game!

Standard practice I’m afraid. Localisation and Pal optimisation take some time, but importantly, distribution/printing is a time consuming process. Africa, Europe, Oceania…

I’m holding out hope for a handful of PAL specific bikes. RC30/45 would do nicely.

CBRjeeper:

Thanks for your reply. I kind of figure that out when I get into the challenges by mistake! I think I was too exited to look the menu around!

Now I have like 40 bikes and winning some races... and having a blast!

My biggest question still with the controls, racing line (bike vs car), and what is the effect of the form in the race.

So far I learned two thing... never accelerate while taking a turn... and never ever, no matter what, look back before entering a turn at high speed....

Any way this is a great game/simulation... PD really crated another classic!

jv38
CBRjeeper:

Thanks for your reply. I kind of figure that out when I get into the challenges by mistake! I think I was too exited to look the menu around!

Now I have like 40 bikes and winning some races... and having a blast!

My biggest question still with the controls, racing line (bike vs car), and what is the effect of the form in the race.

So far I learned two thing... never accelerate while taking a turn... and never ever, no matter what, look back before entering a turn at high speed....

Any way this is a great game/simulation... PD really crated another classic!

Check out my 'Bible of motorcycle racing' thread... ;)

What bikes are eligible for the Clubman and sunday cups?

I won the bigger 3 streetbike races with a kickass Moriwaki 600.

Love the game so far and need to go back and get gold in the licenses.

WebbDogg
What bikes are eligible for the Clubman and sunday cups?

I won the bigger 3 streetbike races with a kickass Moriwaki 600.

Without checking my game, I think you need a race modified bike. Any one will do but it has to be a racing bike.

Back