Z11SN Greaves Motorsport '13 in GT6 now available on GT Academy Round 3!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 408 comments
Nissan said they will allow videogame producers to scan and reproduce their GT-R LM for this year. So maybe yes, the GT-R LM could come to GT6. But we have nothing from PD.

While not exact, its actually close. Amazingly, this is only the car as its been hacked so there lies the potential that this could be another candidate to have the AES system applied to it once its officially added.

As for the GTR-LM, Darren Cox himself said it would be coming to racing games and considering this car will be featuring two drivers from GT Academy, pretty sure its appearance in GT6 is a forgone conclusion.

Waith a minute

i just realised something the chances are big that it will never come in action IRL so whats the point of getting it in the game?

No hate I Love the car but some commentator of the wec silverstone race said it wil maybe never be in action due to money problems

Waith a minute

i just realised something the chances are big that it will never come in action IRL so whats the point of getting it in the game?

No hate I Love the car but some commentator of the wec silverstone race said it wil maybe never be in action due to money problems

Nissan was testing the car in the US for 4 days last week. It would be difficult to think they will not run LM.
Furthermore Nismo is considering their involvment in LM very seriously. They named their former SuperGT director to manage the LM program.

Wait a minute.

I just realised something the chances are big that it will never come in action IRL so what's the point of getting it in the game?

No hate I love the car but some commentator of the WEC Silverstone race said it will maybe never be in action due to money problems.
The GT-R LM Nismo will absolutely make it to competition. It is a huge deal for Nissan and it is a programme which has already received huge investment. There is no logical reason for Nissan to pull the plug as it is not a company in financial distress, and if it was it would not have got this far, and only negative press would be generated.

As we have seen this week Nissan is still aggressively testing the GT-R LM Nismo in the US and would not be pouring funds into a programme which is likely to be abandoned. It is true they are about 4 months behind schedule for various reasons but I suspect they will be in good shape come June.

Last edited:
This is a LM special car, so they might be in a good shape for LM but not realy after if their car hasn't the 1500hp hybrid system.
We can hear on the internet they didn't manage to have a hybrid system bigger than 2MJ / lap on LM which is the powerless LMP1 class this year...

Both cars sound s**t and noting like the real life equivalents!

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I'm specifically saying this to you, compare the real and ingame onboard videos of the LMP2 car, NOT the videos of LMP2 car and the GT-R, but the two videos, from the same perspective, of the LMP2 car. The consensus of this thread is that the engine notes are very similar.

Either you're dragging this debate out for the fun of it, or you're deliberately avoiding the fact that PD have done well with the engine sounds of this LMP2 car.

Last edited:
The only reason it doesn't sound exact is because its missing details like intake, Judder and some interior dampning (that and the lack of meatier texture). Otherwise, the basic sound itself is right on.

And just to really compare (and slightly troll), lets use a closed cockpit LMP2 powered by Nismo to eliminate the wind noise and really compare sounds:

Skip to 1:10

Again, I have to say the sound in GT6 (as old as that sample is) is mighty close.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I'm specifically having to say this to you, compare the real and ingame onboard videos of the LMP2 car, NOT the videos of LMP2 car and the GT-R, but the two videos, from the same perspective, of the LMP2 car. The consensus of this thread is that the engine notes are very similar.

Either you're dragging this debate out for the fun of it, or you're deliberately avoiding the fact that PD have done well with the engine sounds of this LMP2 car.
"Done well" is a bit of a stretch as tha implies some effort beyond copy/paste of an existing sample.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I'm specifically having to say this to you, compare the real and ingame onboard videos of the LMP2 car, NOT the videos of LMP2 car and the GT-R, but the two videos, from the same perspective, of the LMP2 car. The consensus of this thread is that the engine notes are very similar.

Do u think that I would say that with out looking at the on boards? I was only asking for a fly bye to see if it would be any closer.

PD haven't done any thing... Merely copy a the sound from an old SGT car!

In the you compare this engine sound to the other cars in the game like the Z4 GT3 car, yes it is one of of the most accurate in the game but that dose not meen that's it could have been done better or that it sound more accurate!

Do u think that I would say that with out looking at the on boards? I was only asking for a fly bye to see if it would be any closer.

In the you compare this engine sound to the other cars in the game like the Z4 GT3 car, yes it is one of of the most accurate in the game but that dose not meen that's it could have been done better or that it sound more accurate!
So you're putting up PD for making the choice of using an existing sample belonging to a car that uses the same engine as this car?

Okay then.

"Done well" is a bit of a stretch as tha implies some effort beyond copy/paste of an existing sample.

Whether or not the recreation of the engine tone is done well is completely independent of how much work it required PD to put in. The consensus seems to be that they did well, regardless of whether or not you think they had to put in enough effort.

Fair enough if you think they sound nothing alike. Like I said, most people seem to think that they're very similar.

...an old SGT car with the same engine. They copied the sound of the same engine, that's what you're accusing them of doing.

Last edited:
I wouldn't see why they have to put that much more effort when they just have a sample that works available to them.

Back