Zero 4 Champ Series: Drift Champ

• Thread starter Vicx
  • 9 comments
Has anyone got this game? I've been researching this game hardout but I can hardly find anything on it, don't even know if it's even released yet..

It was released in Japan on November 2, 2002.

Apparently this game is just a cheap ripoff of Initial D. That's all the info I could find.

This game is the latest in the line of the Zero 4 racing series. I had the SNES version of this game and it centered around night and legal drag races.

The current game is (as far as I know - but I could be wrong) a hybrid racing RPG game. If it follows the series, you go around looking for races (or drift runs) during the night, look for legal venues that could net you money during the day and there are interim mini-games that you play that constitute your daily job.

So, in essence, it's not so much an ID rip off, but another take on the racing genre. Remember, just because you can drift in it, does not mean that it's trying to be Initial D.

a rather odd game, but the story is the greatest game story ever! well..no , surely unique in any respect.

read my review

http://www.bakkayoma.com/dc/driftchamp.htm

note: Left out the part of RM transmition (real maunal)
there is a button designated as a CLUTCH, hard, hard,
hard/ confusing wasy to play.

the courses were a blast to drive yet the replays were HORRIBLE, not worth my time to edit a video. :P

cheers

kirkis
bakkayoma.com

Notice how he offers coffee to the other dude and slaps the girls that offer him cake. Cake should be savored cut into bite sized morsels.

Haha.

From the screenshots and your review, i'll stick to Kaido Battle 2.

is it possible to play through the whole game without knowing japanese? I must have all drifting games on ps2, I've got kaido battle 1/2, battlegear 1/2, initial d, am I missing anything apart from this game?

youll certainly miss out on the story (the pictures speak for themselves!!). current price = 1250yen = about 10 USD. very available in any domestic japanese store, you might pay 40-60USD online :irked: you just need a good hook-up :sly: pm me

Latest Posts

Back