Zero Cup: zero tuning (PS4) - STOPPEDPS4 

So which one is the boss?! Is it KUN?
BTW I agree with what Hobbsy said above! It's fun how we draw an image of someone in our head!
Great driving! Seems like PC open a whole new world of Apps, Mods and endless possibilities!

Look for Stefano Kunos, yes. You'll see him a few times in roughly the first 10 minutes of my video, the first time being in lap 1 when I quickly checked who was behind me after my accident... :D

Look for Stefano Kunos, yes. You'll see him a few times in roughly the first 10 minutes of my video, the first time being in lap 1 when I quickly checked who was behind me after my accident... :D
Yeah that accident was so unfortunate as you had nothing to do with it :banghead:
I just hate that kind of accidents!:grumpy:

Warrius, whats the Cup car like compared to the Cayman Clubsport GT4? Faster, slower, twitchy?

Faster. There's no TCS so there's no 'safety net'. They're cool.
But anyway, they're available on console as well, aren't they?

When will we have a North American league worth racing in?
Why only the Brits develop nice stuff?
Where are the freaking North American Assetto's enthusiasts?

When will we have a North American league worth racing in?
Why only the Brits develop nice stuff?
Where are the freaking North American Assetto's enthusiasts?

Well North Americans are usually more interested in Daytona or Nascar, or other forms of racing!

I can see you're interested in SNAIL and the other league. You're not racing there?!?! :boggled:

Well North Americans are usually more interested in Daytona or Nascar, or other forms of racing!

I can see you're interested in SNAIL and the other league. You're not racing there?!?! :boggled:
Assetto Corsa leagues are not running yet and project cars is over and done for me until Pcars2

I'm sure there will be a explosion of clubs, leagues and events as soon as those "Custom" lobbies arrive...

However, I'm not confident that AC in its current state, will have the influence over people that many expected. And as such, unless there are some serious changes to come, I fear it will not hold out well in the last 1/4 of the year. It could be a short lived success.

I for one, will be buying the likes of PCARS2 and GTS and for different reasons. AC will still have its place in my stable of games, but very likely not for online racing.
This is what I think many others will do too.

I'm sure there will be a explosion of clubs, leagues and events as soon as those "Custom" lobbies arrive...

However, I'm not confident that AC in its current state, will have the influence over people that many expected. And as such, unless there are some serious changes to come, I fear it will not hold out well in the last 1/4 of the year. It could be a short lived success.

I for one, will be buying the likes of PCARS2 and GTS and for different reasons. AC will still have its place in my stable of games, but very likely not for online racing.
This is what I think many others will do too.

Couldn't have said it better!
If I'm to continue in sim racing, I'll definitely be buying the GTS and/or PC2 just because they are the better package overall in terms of a gaming factor and fun/racing: better graphics, more features like day/night and weather or dynamic track, better single player campaign, better online multiplayer, etc...
Yes AC will always be, in my opinion, the SIMULATOR, similarly to what Kunos themselves market it, and not a game! So in terms of physics and driving experience, it might remain unmatched. But, unfortunately, that alone doesn't cut it!

From what some people I know have been saying, GTS won't be much of an option either.... if you're into SIM racing.

Yes, that depends what you want from the game, but don't forget GTS still in beta form, no one really knows what it ultimately will offer!!!

This includes the physics engine... So writing it off now is not really a fair judgement of the final product (IMO).

The real point here though (without trying to draw to many conclusions), is if you want to race with others online, you more or less have to go where there are people racing. I simply feel there will be a big drop in online numbers for AC come the end of the year.

However, I'm all for making the most of what we have here and now. So once that next update drops I plan to be one of the many organising events.

I will probably try to kick-start the ZeroCup on behalf of our friend @WarriusZero (who has been suduced by the dark side ;))

Racing games changed a lot in the past 5 years due to an incredible improvement of the technology available to developers so what made cars move around the track before the Racing simulation revolution was basically informatic programs and today is data. Today is the feedback of dozens of sensors, microphones, laser scans and high resolution cameras installed in the very real race/street cars and for me, this is what makes the difference between a sim and a videogame, the high level of realism in terms of car reaction to its own mechanics and electronics and to the track and weather conditions and from what I've been able to hear from some of my friends that had the chance of trying this beta, this is exactly where Polyphony Digital keeps failing to succeed. It doesn't feel right yet.

Racing games changed a lot in the past 5 years due to an incredible improvement of the technology available to developers so what made cars move around the track before the Racing simulation revolution was basically informatic programs and today is data. Today is the feedback of dozens of sensors, microphones, laser scans and high resolution cameras installed in the very real race/street cars and for me, this is what makes the difference between a sim and a videogame, the high level of realism in terms of car reaction to its own mechanics and electronics and to the track and weather conditions and from what I've been able to hear from some of my friends that had the chance of trying this beta, this is exactly where Polyphony Digital keeps failing to succeed. It doesn't feel right yet.
I'm right there with you Schmiggz. AC has made everything else feel inaccurate. I have tried the GT Sport beta, and while it is better than GT6 in physics and is easier to adjust back and forth from AC than GT6, you are exactly right... those finite details and undulations...those dips in the track, and the body roll, and the direct feel/sense of what going on at the tires...GT Sport still hasn't (at least for me) found the formula that AC had nailed. My hope is with private lobbies, some organized racing could be afforded for such a great feeling sim.

Why?
The Zero Cup was born out of the determination that the lack of private lobbies on consoles should not stop us from having some good online racing.

What?
  • Online races every Wednesday at 7:30pm GMT (show me in my timezone)
  • Clean and respectful racing
  • Tuning prohibited except for brake balance and turbo boost
  • Gentleman's Yellow Flag (what is the GYF?)
  • No uninvited participants

But how?
The idea is that the PSN can do a lot of the heavy lifting to compensate for the lack of online features in Assetto Corsa.
'Zero Cup on AC' is therefore a PS4 community with formal events set up in advance.
When the event starts, we join the corresponding party for the audio chat.
Then I pick a lobby in game and invite the others from there (using the □ button). If someone is late, a quick search usually does the trick.
We no longer let anyone join our lobby for the first qualifying session and race.
For any following races, we skip qualifying and kick out anyone not invited (sorry, dear lurkers, if you want to play with us, contact us in advance or face the votes).
Whenever I ask for a vote (skip a session, kick a player...), please vote 'Yes' (usually R3 on a wheel).
We also suggest you record each race from your point of view. To do so, when the race is about to start, double tap the Share button. When the race finishes, double tap the Share button again. At the end of the evening, you can then upload your races to Youtube.
Please read the Rule Book for more information.

How can I join?
Send me (WarriusZero) a PSN friend request and I'll invite you to the community and upcoming events.
If the event is happening right now and you don't want to get kicked out, send me a message. It's too late for tonight but maybe not for next week...

25 Jan.: MX5 Cup at Brands Hatch GP
Mazda MX5 Cup

1 Feb.: Exige at Silverstone International
Lotus Exige V6 Cup

8 Feb.: GT3 at Monza
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
BMW Z4 GT3
(Lamborghini Huracan GT3)
McLaren 650S GT3
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3
Nissan GT-R GT3
SCG 003C
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
McLaren MP4-12C GT3

*Subject to change depending on the host(s)

Registered drivers list:
Bonio71 (@Bonio71)
Carlos_Fandango (@C Fandango)
Darth-Vadder1 (@Heiko Vater)
Georgeagea (@Georgeagea)
GTRP_Ave_46 (@?)
GTRP_HeLmZoR (@?)
HeyZeusss666 (@pretend racer)
krsht3 (@krsht3)
Madcat--- (@madcat78)
Nemesis-Reaper (@hobbsy)
Pyromaniak666 (@SpaceBreed)
Rostovic (@?)
Rostafer007 (@?)
Standard_control (@Moloko)
Voofx (@Orayani)
WarriusZero (@WarriusZero)
Xeronima (@xeronima)

But kicking clean racers who just found your lobby is quite uncool. How can you do that?
Until a better solution is available, this is the only way to have 'private' lobbies and definitely clean races. I don't enjoy kicking other players out of lobbies. OK, sometimes I do...

I like this but the day/time doesn't suit my circumstances. Any ideas?
Here are some details on how to organise your own races.
I would like to join

Back