ZOE2: 2nd Runner

• Thread starter advanR
  • 17 comments

advanR

(Banned)
I will be buying this game when it comes out. Or it may already be out, I thought I saw somewhere it had a may release.

I was enthusiastic about this game ever since I heard of its development. Seeing the trailer for it made me want it much more. But like so many games that look promising, I wasnt sure how it would turn out. I just read the review at gamecritics.com , and I am now very excited about this game. They gave the first game something like a 3 or 5 out of 10. They claimed it was overrated, overhyped, shallow garbage. Well not that bad, they commended it on its good points, the gameplay, but overall they wre very dissappointed. The same reviewer of the first game gave this one a 9. For gamecritics that is a VERY solid score. There must be less than 5 games for ps2 that have a score that high so far.

I played the first, and liked even though it had so many exhisting flaws. What mainly grabbed me about the game was the awesome style and crisp gameplay of it. You could easily tell it was a Kojima game (even if he didnt do much actual work on it, mgs2 consuming his time). The review of it shows every other aspect of the game is vastly improved now, so basically I cant wait.

I will be glad to get a game I can play through quickly. Its not too short, but Im really getting sick of all of these games that waste so much of your time. Its really hard to stay excited about a game for the whole month it takes to finish it. I usually buy a game and then after the first 2 weeks it goes in my "pile".

Anyone else played the first ZOE? Is anyone as excited as I am about the second?

I bought it the first day it came out. The graphics are on par with MGS2 and the intense fighting is even faster. I'm writing a review for it right now.

sweet. I will go pick it up tomorrow actually. I love the style of kojima games. Music, visuals, story, pace, the artistic design of everything also.

It seems as though the game has an all-around faster gameplay style than the first one.

I'll admit it, i bought the first one for the MGS2 Demo, and got a pretty good game with it:)

It looks bloody awesome.

But HOW is viola still alive....its not possible!!!!

I wanna see more visible frame upgrades in this one though--its annoying how you level up nothing really gets better besides strength, health and speed.

but can simeone please kill that whining wimp called Leo bloody hell i hated him through that whole story.

You will find out very quickly when you play the game how Viola is still alive. Leo is not the main character, but he does appear in the game.

I hated leo. I could only wish they started subbing games that have such "japanese" style. Just like anime and movies, english voiceovers sound funny and pathetic. Its cool hearing a very deep japanese voice speaking fast with intensity.

mgs2 and zoe would have been good like that.

I picked up zoe2 today with f355 challenge finally. I always have a list of games that I am going to buy in the future, and since there are so many, I usually wait iuntil the price goes to $30 or 40. I saw f355 on the shelve and said what the hell. I probably wont start zzoe for another week.

I think the English voices for MGS were much better than the Japanese voices, IMO.

you may be right. now that I think of it, the voices in it were damn good. I just have the bad taste of zoe in my mouth. ff games should get better voices also.

I would assume so, I havent put in the disc for zoe2 yet so i dont know for sure. If you can find a place that rents out zoe still, I suggest giving it a go first. While I have heard 2nd runner is short also, the first was much shorter. I played through it in like 8 hours, and I was slow at doing everything. If you rent it you will definately have time to finish it. Although the first is a little dissapointing, if you dont wpend $50 on it there isnt much to be mad at. The gameplay and story are there, both pretty good.

If not maybe you could try and buy it. Gamestop has it new for $20 around here, used for $15.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Is the game good for newcomers to the series? I'm planning to pick it up myself.

Yes, just like MGS2, ZOE2 has a Previous Story section. It's a 2 minute long movie going over everything that has happened in the first game. It also has a VR mode where you can learn all of the moves and commands in the game.

I liked ZOE alot. The gameplay and graphics more then made up for the games length and annoying lead character. I've seen complaints with the control scheme, but i found it to be intuitive and easy to use. MUCH better then say...Armored Core 2:AA etc..(uhg).

I wasn't much interested in the MGS2 demo, though i did play it alot. hehe.

I'll be buying 2nd Runner as soon as i can :)

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Is the game good for newcomers to the series? I'm planning to pick it up myself.

the other one was extremely easy to play and become a part of.

it will most likely have multiple skill levels so that should help the noobs;)

I love this game. i just got it and its very fun. liked tha first, but this one is amazing. some of of tha bigger battles with tons of enemies are very intense and it kinda feels like you are playin an anime. very good game.

Back