Zonda C12, forgotten on the shelf?

• Thread starter ManiacGT3
  • 71 comments
Hey everyone,
This is sort of a matter of concern :ill: , i barely ever see anyone with good times for the "zonda c12" NOT the c12s(its stronger brother):). I know the car isn't that great but it would be nice to see some times. Here are my best times ..anyone who has times and would like to share them to get some competetion on the table that would make my day :) .

Midfeild Raceway - 1:00.656
Laguna Seca - 1.09.569
Rome - 1:12.834

I love the car but i have no real push to get some good times on other tracks, i hate racing alone :indiff: !!
Plz post some times ..thx :)

The times i got with the zonda are times that were achived with a fully setup zonda, with 919hp so for and so on :dunce: the car is a real hand full. So to answer ur question once again, yes the car is maxed out 👍

ManiacGT3
The times i got with the zonda are times that were achived with a fully setup zonda, with 919hp so for and so on :dunce: the car is a real hand full. So to answer ur question once again, yes the car is maxed out 👍

Run it with about 700hp and I bet those times will be quicker.

Cause by adding horsepower, you add more stress when cornering. So by doing that the car don't turn to its full acheivement. Try it. Having the most power isn't everything. Its how you drive that gives you quick times.

Well i have also tuned the car so its not that bad, the only thing that really makes it hard to drive is the fact that the brakes are really bad :(. I have used less hp and it drives a million times better but the times are like 2 to 3 seconds slower :yuck: im drivin that puppie to the edge.

I know the times could probably be faster if i were to use manual shifting but i am no good with shifting when i use the dual shock controllers :crazy: it totally messes me up.

ManiacGT3
Well i have also tuned the car so its not that bad, the only thing that really makes it hard to drive is the fact that the brakes are really bad :(. I have used less hp and it drives a million times better but the times are like 2 to 3 seconds slower :yuck: im drivin that puppie to the edge.

I know the times could probably be faster if i were to use manual shifting but i am no good with shifting when i use the dual shock controllers :crazy: it totally messes me up.

Can I try those settings out?

You can post or PM me the Setups.
Or not do it at all.

Your choice.

I'll be glad to send you the settings :), Im sure you could fix a thing or 2. My skill is not really the set ups, im more better at driving. I usually drive around my horrible setups.

The Zonda is definitly a handful ... at any tune settings. But I agree with the above post that it works much better at lower power. It's at least more enjoyable.

Check GT3Times.com for some camparisons.

lol i set all the times with the zonda c12 on gt3times, no one ever posts times for the beast:( I just added rome to my list of times ..i totally forgot i did rome :)

ManiacGT3

The old rumor was that Pagani swapped out the Stock Brake Pads for some rice pudding. Hence the bad braking. What was actually proven, was that to reduce the cars weight, they removed the steering wheel.

Actually, I'm joking. In stock form, up to about 700Hp, the car is fantastic. I've run it in the PD cup, straight from the dealer. No tire or oil change. It was a fun run, but a bit much for the AI to handle.

AO

Lol, i was reading that last post and felt all of a sudden very gullable :indiff: . The c12 is a nice car stock tho. You know the wierd thing, i can get better times with the c12 fixed up than i can with the c12s. The c12s stock is by far bettter but once u put hp in the c12s it totally ruins it. The zondas are kinda like the Porsche's, the ruf RGT and the CTR2: if you put more than 600 hp into the porsche its undriveable save for drifting around the track.

This is alittle off topic but why in the world did the guy who made gt3 even put bmw's in the game when all he has is a pathetic 328i. I mean why not just have the 318 ti and make it an all-star insult to bmw. I always thought it was never worth having that bmw in the game.

- if you ppl have tim3, plz do tr3y3 to get some decent t3y3m$ on differents tracks with the c12 and then posty 💡 -

I hate the Italien Avaet Guard.Even with a fully tuned Zonda c12 ,I can't seem to win at all. It reaaly gets on my nerves as I believe the car you win (Zonda race car) is the car you race against which seems pointless.

I dont know why people think that race is so hard, same with the Vitz race. Try to find a good setup at gtvault.com it may help somewhat.

demon of speed
I hate the Italien Avaet Guard.Even with a fully tuned Zonda c12 ,I can't seem to win at all. It reaaly gets on my nerves as I believe the car you win (Zonda race car) is the car you race against which seems pointless.
Here's a few tricks to help out. First, Hit the brakes 3 times sooner than you think you have to. The car is notoriously bad stopping.

Drop the ASM to 0 and set TCS at 3. Especially when running full power. In the twists going by the colloseum, use 3/4 throttle. The car will handle much smoother through that section.

Those two hints really helped me way back when I was running it.

Good luck,

AO

Otherwise if you still cant do it on the Rome II race at the first corner (i.e. dodgy right hander) move towards the right wall then hit the brakes drop it down a gear and power our of the corner riding along the wall. I didnt use this trick when i raced it because i wanted to do it cleanly (thats why it took me 6 months to win the damn thing) but i read about it in a magazine. You can supposedly do it on the second corner as well but i dont know what sort of gain there is to be had on that corner. Just thought id add my two cents bout that. As for using the C12 over the C12S I prefer the S because i can go quicker in it but i guess its all about your own personal style. Hey ManiacGT3 can you send me those settings as well cause im a bit like yu (who cares about settings just drive the things) and ill take a few laps round some tracks and try to beat your times.

For me the braking is ok, it just seems that at the last moment they always lock up or the backend comes flying around.

I wish the zonda race cars acually raced in north america, they look so beautiful. And as for just the plain zonda, i wish i could see one of those too. The best car ive ever seen was the new enzo. I got to touch it and everything ( the ppl who saw me touch it prolly thought i was retarded or something cuz i was about to freek out).

But getting away from that i wonder what kinda time anyone can get on monaco. im sure the zonda is a handful there !!!! someone try it and tell me there time and ill try to go for it too !!!

Ill do monaco tonight in my C12S and if I have time my Race version as well. They do sound nice dont they.

lol id be doing the same thing near an Enzo. I saw a Lamborghini Murcialargo about a week ago and i had to pick my jaw up off the ground. The dude driving it though was cool, cause when i said 'Can I drive it' hes like yeah just joking with me so he seem pretty approachable.

I did 1:23.897 but I couldn't quit keep it clean. I ran into that chicane at the end of the tunnel straightaway. All mod on a C12s 1100hp. I didn't do much to the settings, lowered height, stiffer level, more camber, stronger anti roll. I did a auto setting of about 33-34. Brake balance of 11front 10 rear. I didn't realize how bad the braking was on the zonda though. It was like it would understeer than the weight of the car would force it to oversteer.

I did 1:27.870 on standard settings (i.e. No adjustments other than gearbox and thats was for high speed) ManiacGT3's settings were good for section 1 but in section 2 i was held back on the slow speed corners. Im gonna go home tonight and play with it some more. It isnt easy to get a real clean lap is it. I keep hitting the wall going round that slow left hander at the top of the hill. I hit the first corner a few times but not too much. The last corner coming onto the main straight, it easier and faster to let the car drift a little and then power out from it.
Other problem was the brakes. Locked up on heavy use so i have to adjust those.

my best times on the zonda c12 that i kno of are
1:02.351 on midfield raceway and
1:08.490 on rome.
as ppl have said, there is definatly to much power for hte brakes to handle and that car just goes nowhere

BAR-ZoNdA
as ppl have said, there is definatly to much power for hte brakes to handle and that car just goes nowhere
The brakes arn't the problem. The problem is that people just throw maximum HP in the car. 1,000HP don't work for a car like that.
What i've observed, the Stock Zonda C12S turns fine stock. With proper throttle control, the car is quick.

BAR-ZoNdA

Hey, a 1:08 with the c12??? at rome??? are u serious!!?? thats rediculously fast!!! :scared:

I think the problem is that it accelerates so easily and abruptly. You don't realize how fast you are going. Combined that with OK brakes and you get a hard car to race.

Latest Posts

Back