Zonda Race Car Question

I won this car last week but just got round to using it now..i won it in the All Japanese Champ in Pro level....

i needed it to win the Italian Advangarde, but i find that it understeers a little too much....i dont want really soft tyres so i am running semi slicks but can anyone give me a run down of settings for correcting understeer on this car?...i cant seem to get it....i just need it for the Rome circuit and i can't figure the camber of the road and hence camber angle for the wheels...

cheers folks...

p.s. there is a related question about this but i will post it in a new thread..

I think the tuning and settings mini-forum is the way to go for this one...

I think you should set the LSD somehow, try adjusting it...:)

I've got a settings guide at home, which states ways to reduce understeer/oversteer. The best possible way to eliminate understeer is:

1. Put the front damper bound up high, and lower the rear bound;
2. Put the front damper rebound up high, and lower the rear rebound;
3. Put the front stabilisers high, and lower the rear stabiliser;
4. Add more front downfoce; subtract rear downforce.

And also, like Dodge said, play with the LSD.

These settings are the best way to induce more oversteer. I don't usually put these as high or low as possible, just one or two selections before highest or lowest.

Thanks guys,

i thought i could win the Italian Advangarde easily with this car but its not much better than the Zonda road car....if i get the steering fixed i should be able to win it, Rome is one of my fave circuits...

When I tried tuning the Zonda, it still turned like it was on ice, so I just learnt to brake early, and that was that :)

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
When I tried tuning the Zonda, it still turned like it was on ice, so I just learnt to brake early, and that was that :)
I hate braking early - late-brake is the way to go for me. Very late brake. :D

Yech, but then you slide into the corner...not my style, well, not with the Pagani Zondas ;)

Basic tuning...

Hard rear springs, soft front springs.

Soft rebound, hard bound.

even levels on the rest of the setting for the suspension should do fine.

brakes... should do fine stock.

Lsd/ tranny... just leave the intial torque and accel lsd alone, while changing the last setting to 5, or the lowest.
(this will leave the car alone except for the power delivery/grip on acceleration, which will help with power induced oversteer)

Max down force...

Personal level of TCS, and I suggest 0 ASM.

Good luck and let me know if this helped.

Originally posted by GoKents
Basic tuning...

Hard rear springs, soft front springs.

Soft rebound, hard bound.

even levels on the rest of the setting for the suspension should do fine.

brakes... should do fine stock.

Lsd/ tranny... just leave the intial torque and accel lsd alone, while changing the last setting to 5, or the lowest.
(this will leave the car alone except for the power delivery/grip on acceleration, which will help with power induced oversteer)

Max down force...

Personal level of TCS, and I suggest 0 ASM.

Good luck and let me know if this helped.
I'm going to have to disagree with you there - I find that my best times come with higher LSD Decrease, and lower LSD Accel., with higher front downforce than rear downforce.

But then, that's just how I feel. Everyone should give everyone else's settings a go before palming them off, I reckon.

cheers go kents,

i am at work for the next 8 hours then i am out on me bike for an hour or so, so it might be friday befor ei get a chance to play...cant wait to try though, i have been trying to win that race for ages...and all i will get is another Zonda race car...well i spose it worth some cash...i'll sell it.

Usually you'll have to fine tune to your driving style though...depends if you're an early braker, or a late braker, how fast you turn, etc.

i am not doing it to win the car, i need to win the race, i have a Zonda race car already....i just need to complete the pro level...

the Zonda race car is very over rated..its not in the top 30 best cars in the game in my opinion...

Yeh, I tried the C12S, and I sucked with it...the Race Car was the faster and better option at the time.

Originally posted by SandStorm
All this over a Zonda Race Car, and you could win the Avantgarde in a C12S. :D

Took the words right out of my mouth.I used the C12 for that race it took a little bit to master the car, but the way I see it , it just made me that much better at raceing:cool:

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Yeh, I tried the C12S, and I sucked with it...the Race Car was the faster and better option at the time.
If all else fails: WALLRIDE WALLRIDE WALLRIDE WALLRIDE WALLRIDE WALLRIDE WALLRIDE WALLRIDE WALLRIDE WALLRIDE WALLRIDE!

Nah, not really. Just have to learn how to late brake without out-braking yourself.

Well, at that time, I was still quite new to the game, and so I wasn't really that good...;)

Well, the key to success when competing against a race car in a non-race car is just to learn how to brake late, then get in front of the car you just passed without stuffing up the corner.

I can do that. :D

TurboSmoke, I'd rate this car in the top 5 in the game (Excluding the F1's). In fact, I used it in stock form to beat the R390, GT-one, and 787B in the GT world Championship (Pro). I've also run it (again in stock form) in the SSR11 Enduro against the GT-one.

Here's the trick to utilizing this car. You must brake earlier than expected, and in a straight line.

Have you tuned the down force to maximum? This makes a huge difference as it keeps the front tires in heavy contact with the pavement, and improved our turning ability.

Post up your settings and there's a few people that can point out a few instances to improve them, and subsequently your performance.

AO

Hi Der Alta,

thanks for the reply,
dont get me wrong...its an awesome car, both in looks and performance but there is a saying that says

'Power is nothing without control'

and i simply cant control it on the sharp corners.....i havent a clue on its settings coz i have tried almost everything....i am good with gear ratios and power delivery (i use 27 gears every day being a mountain biker) but i havent yet tried out the suggestions given to me today by some of the other board members (i'm still at work)...i will try them out as soon as i get a chance to put them into practice and post my setting then...

i appreciate your help and hopefully it will be in my top 5 someday....i think its one of the most desirable cars in the game..but when you get it you need to be an expert to get the most out of it...the Zonda race car doesnt suffer fools gladly and you need to know what youre doing (as you guys do) and if your an amateur it will spend a long time in your garage collecting dust...

i wanted it for so long and to be honest it was a big dissapointment....i want to be able to ressurect it from the depths of my garage and give it the performance it deserves...

if it can beat a GT One on the SS11 circuit, its better than i thought...

by the way....whats the stock setting? its not a phrase i am familliar with here in the UK..

cheers TS

before we get too far along, please understand, that I am in no way an expert or (as the weekly series has shown) an amateur. All my performances are pretty much beginner level.

Stock settings means "right out of the box" Whic I may have misnomered. What I really meant to say, was that without adding anything other than the oil change and T3 tires. I did have to adjust the settings some.

In fact, this is what I ran with:
Springs: 16.4/14.8
Ride height: 55/ 62
Shock Bound: 5/6
Shock Rebound: 7/8
Camber 3.4/1.7
Toe: 0.0/-1.0
Stabilizers: 5/5
Brakes: 19/16
LSD: 8/18/16
Final Drive: 4.300
Auto Setting: Level 37
Down Force: 1.00/1.25
ASM & TCS = 0

As a further note, I did sandbag Stage 1 Turbo for when the AI got their near end of series boost. And it turned out I needed it.

Good luck,

AO

Well, we posting settings, are we, AO? I haven't got this car yet, but I can tell you that These settings will help you keep more control of a car, and allow you to corner easier:

Bound: high front/low rear
Rebound: high front/low rear
Stabilisers: high front/low rear
Downforce: can be set high on both accounts, but I prefer higher front with lower ear as the front tyres are in slightly better contact with the ground.

LSD: Lowest possible initial
Lowest possible acceleration
Highest possible decrease

Basically, the LSD settings go like this:

LSD Initial will help you maintain your speed throughout a corner.

Higher LSD Acceleration will enable early brakers to corner easier - tweaking this setting high will allow you to brake earlier, cruise around the corner with your finger off the gas, then power out of the corner.

Higher LSD Decrease will allow late-brakers to corner easier - tweaking this setting high will allow you to brake later, and corner easier, although you'll get slide out of a corner.

Obviously you can't couple these settings together, as it will affect your setting. If you tweak your LSD Accel. high, lower your LSD Decrease, and if you tweak your LSD Decrease high, lower your LSD Accel.

Wow, there are some huge generalizations in this post. They may apply to some cars but the are certainly not the way to go for everything.

High LSD Deaccel will keep the car stable under braking, but make turn in difficult. That's exactly what you don't want in any Zonda.

Also, what you are recommending for stabilizers and dampers is guaranteed to bring out understeer in the most balanced of cars. Whether you adjust the front or rear of the car, and whether you adjust bound or rebound, depends entirely on the car and on the phase of cornering that is giving the car trouble.

Most of the stuff in the post above is either incorrect or too general to be good advice .

PS to SandStorm: I don't mean to be picking on you, honestly. Please don't take this post personally.

Okay Neon Duke...

gimme your reccomendations for the Zonda race car on the Rome circuit....i have no idea and would appreciate the advice....

OK, I don't have setups for the Zonda Racer, but here is one for a full-build C12S:

Spring Rate: 10.8/10.7
Ride Height: 55/70
Bound: 4/5
Rebound: 10/9
Camber: 2.7/1.5
Toe: -0.5/0+1.0
Stabs: 5/5

Brakes: 23/24

LSD: 15/30/15
Auto Set: 30

Downforce: 0.29/0.60
ASM: 0
TCS: 4
VCD..................... N/A

Those are not mine, but they make for a fast car that handles well. Here's another set for the slightly more adventurous, also not mine but also very fast:

Springs: 10.8/10.7
Ride: 55/70
Damper B: 4/5
Damper R: 10/9
Camber: 2.7/1.5
Toe: -0.5/+1.0
Stabs: 5/5
Brakes: 17/19
LSD I: 15
LSD A: 30
LSD D: 15
Gears: adjusted the Final to 3.779 (no other changes yet)
Downforce:0.29/0.50
ASM:0
TCS:0

I don't have my Palm with me or I'd pull up my own Zonda settings. I'll try to post them tonight.

Originally posted by Der Alta
before we get too far along, please understand, that I am in no way an expert or (as the weekly series has shown) an amateur. All my performances are pretty much beginner level.

Stock settings means "right out of the box" Whic I may have misnomered. What I really meant to say, was that without adding anything other than the oil change and T3 tires. I did have to adjust the settings some.

In fact, this is what I ran with:
Springs: 16.4/14.8
Ride height: 55/ 62
Shock Bound: 5/6
Shock Rebound: 7/8
Camber 3.4/1.7
Toe: 0.0/-1.0
Stabilizers: 5/5
Brakes: 19/16
LSD: 8/18/16
Final Drive: 4.300
Auto Setting: Level 37
Down Force: 1.00/1.25
ASM & TCS = 0

As a further note, I did sandbag Stage 1 Turbo for when the AI got their near end of series boost. And it turned out I needed it.

Good luck,

AO
These settings are close to those that I used to win Avantgarde in a C12S. I went with higher front camber (4.0), and much much less LSD-Decel. As Neon_Duke points out, lowering the Decel can make for quite an exciting corner entry phase, but with great throttle control or a touch of TCS (2), you can literally chuck the car in, and then you can drive your turn-in oversteer all the way through the corner.

This isn't as dramatic as it sounds, and you can easily get a set of Super Slicks to last the 10 laps you need. People who whine about the Zonda's braking clearly haven't noticed the fact that they're doing 330km/h down the back straight...

The Zonda Race Car is in my top 5 also. I find that with the right settings I can add LSD deccel and still have the car turn as well as most other race cars. I don't have any trouble with the Zonda's brakes (seems to brake like every other race car) and don't have any trouble with its handling... and I have 600 miles on my Zonda. I don't have any settings for you to use... but my settings are set for my personal driving style and you should probably experiment and try to find some that are right for your driving style.

Originally posted by neon_duke
Wow, there are some huge generalizations in this post. They may apply to some cars but the are certainly not the way to go for everything.

High LSD Deaccel will keep the car stable under braking, but make turn in difficult. That's exactly what you don't want in any Zonda.

Also, what you are recommending for stabilizers and dampers is guaranteed to bring out understeer in the most balanced of cars. Whether you adjust the front or rear of the car, and whether you adjust bound or rebound, depends entirely on the car and on the phase of cornering that is giving the car trouble.

Most of the stuff in the post above is either incorrect or too general to be good advice .

PS to SandStorm: I don't mean to be picking on you, honestly. Please don't take this post personally.
I'm not taking any of this personally, and you have that right to correct me if you feel I'm incorrect.

But let me just say this: although that may not be entirely right, what I do know is that what I stated above rings true for me. I'm not saying it's true for others, but those findings help me set up my cars.

I'm not taking any of this personally, and you have that right to correct me if you feel I'm incorrect.
Good! Glad to hear it.
But let me just say this: although that may not be entirely right, what I do know is that what I stated above rings true for me.
Understood.

Back