Zonda Race Car!

i recently aquired the zonda race car and purchased all upgrades and tuned the transmission. However when i try racing this car all it does it burnout for like 10 seconds and is extremely hard to control.:banghead: ne suggestions on the settings?

Remove half the upgrades. You don't need them. Actually, remove all of the upgrades.

I find the car performs very well with just the stock amount of horsepower. I don't really see the need in more power, unless you are running a race at Test Course. But other than that, there really isn't any need for more power. I also find that the majority of the race cars in GT3 have their handling characteristics upset when you add more power to them.

Why have there been so many posts about the Zonda's lately? I mean, they're cool and all, but they have been talked about a lot! Most cars in GT3 do handle better stock. Some of the slower cars like the Mini Cooper, Demio, Miata's, or Vitz's handling do not change much when they are upgraded. The faster cars like the Viper's, Zonda's, or Corvette's handling gets worse when they are faster.

Originally posted by wildcard
Why have there been so many posts about the Zonda's lately? I mean, they're cool and all, but they have been talked about a lot! Most cars in GT3 do handle better stock. Some of the slower cars like the Mini Cooper, Demio, Miata's, or Vitz's handling do not change much when they are upgraded. The faster cars like the Viper's, Zonda's, or Corvette's handling gets worse when they are faster.

Because the Zonda is a good car, while noone cares about the Demio, Miata, or Vitz. I have to disagree with on you the Vitz handling too, the car understeers even worse with more power . . . don't know about the Demio. The Miata is a great handling car and so is the Mini Cooper . . . the Mini Cooper handles awesome and is a very fun car to drive in the game. But like I said, noone could give a hoot about these cars.

I use the car with all upgrades and can make decent turns. Just practice quite a bit. I took mine out on Complex String to work out different settings.

But it's overkill with all the upgrades, there is no need for something like 1100 or 1200 horses. The car doesn't produce enough downforce to effectively use all the power. Now say if it were more like the old Can-Am cars, there wouldn't be any problem. Giving the Zonda that much power just upsets it's handling. The car is plenty fast with the 684 horses stock.

Originally posted by VashTheStampede
I find the car performs very well with just the stock amount of horsepower. I don't really see the need in more power, unless you are running a race at Test Course. But other than that, there really isn't any need for more power. I also find that the majority of the race cars in GT3 have their handling characteristics upset when you add more power to them.

true dat vash. anyway the zonda dosent need to have all that uber-power anyway i learned the lesson with the c12-s.hell, the zonda race car can actually beat a stock 787b (if your a good driver;) )

Originally posted by xAkirax2004
true dat vash. anyway the zonda dosent need to have all that uber-power anyway i learned the lesson with the c12-s.hell, the zonda race car can actually beat a stock 787b (if your a good driver;) )

Like as in a stock 787B driven by AI . . . I'm sure it can beat one. But really this car wouldn't be in that class . . . it would be more along the line of the GTS along with the Corvette C5R and Team Oreca Viper. This car totally destroys both of those cars in their stock forms (at least in the game it does). In fact, there is a Zonda in the GTS class in ALMS; but at Le Mans, it broke down and didn't last too long. BTW, sometime this year, there will also be a Diablo competing in ALMS; I'm pretty sure it will be competing in the GTS class.

Originally posted by neon_duke
Remove half the upgrades. You don't need them. Actually, remove all of the upgrades.

Yeah, the Zonda RC is capable enough normally, and putting some NA or turbo on it makes it worse...unless you're ready for a hard race...;)

Definitely agree with that DODGE . . . the only place you'll ever need more power is Test Course and other than that, more power upsets the car too much.

I'll give you a dank ass Zonda Race Car setting, I've done some extremely fast times in the Zonda, some of my times beat some peoples times when they are using the R390 GT1, Toyo GT1 and the 787B. Its not all the settings though, its the driver too :)

Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
i use 2 do the same thing, buy all the power upgrades and then wonder why it doesnt turn :lol:

Because you do not tune the suspension, downforce and the ASM/TCS....;)

It's really no mystery why cars handle worse with more hp. THe faster a car is going, the harder it is to stop and turn. It's just simple physics. Every car is going to be harder to turn at 150 mph than 100mph (excluding cars with massive wings that create higher downforces at higher speeds). Even with the downforce heavy F1 cars, there is a point where too fast is just too fast.

The single best remedy I know for an oversteering, high hp, RWD car is to turn up the TCS. This will limit tail rotation on corner exit as the wheels will not spin on throttle application. The best remedy I have found for understeer in high hp, FWD or AWD cars is to turn up the rear toe in suspension settings (thanks Famine). It's amazing how well the ZZII sticks with this simple change.

Originally posted by VashTheStampede
Definitely agree with that DODGE . . . the only place you'll ever need more power is Test Course and other than that, more power upsets the car too much.

...only if you cant handle it ;)

most of the cars I like to drive have the maximum amout of HP, The Zonda included

I agree bollocks ...

In the Beginner league, you can waste everybody with no tuning ... but in Pro you need lots of tuning ... because if you spin out you need the power to get back ... and it also learns you more control with the DS2 ... lighter braking ... lighter acceleration ... so it has it's advantages ...

Originally posted by HighOnNitrous
ne suggestions?

i found that not using the Zonda Race and using a different car instead instantly fixed this problem.....i'll reccomend it to any one....i am not a fan of this car....

no race requires you to use this car....leave it in the garage

......However, you can!...Wait..No he's right the race car sucks.....I got more pleasure out of seeing the "gold cup" next to the avant garde than the car itself.

how can you say the zonda is crap, it handles like a dream.....
ooohhh wait a second, let me guess u r the type of people who tuned it to 1000+ horse power and all of a sudden think its the car that crap? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bollocks#999

most of the cars I like to drive have the maximum amout of HP, The Zonda included

It's good on CS for mucking around...I'll say that, but for actual races on full horsepower it can be beasty (without TCS)

What are you guys whining about? The Zonda is a great car, providing you can drive it of course ;)

yeah in real ife, bit PD fcuked up here...and life is too short for trying to learn something thats as unrelaistic as this...

Hell yeah, see buddy most people do not realize what we have done with our cars and how much we push them to the limits. I always max out my cars hp and then work on a setup so I can grip that b!tch around every track. I really only like to drive cars in GT3 that have max HP because the game goes by so much faster in those cars than stock ones and I just really hate stock cars anyway.

Let me show you some evidence that the Zonda Racecar is nearly as good as the Nissan GT1, Toyota GT1 and the Mazda 787B....

This is from Racing-line.org, the track is Apricot Hill 2

1 peekay British Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car Steering Wheel 00.59.545 20 26 Jan 2003 PAL
2 Slowpoke USA Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car Joypad 00.59.637 19 02 Nov 2002 NTSC
3 Zero American Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car Joypad 00.59.791 18 17 Nov 2002 NTSC
4 timeee Canada Toyota GT-One RaceCar TS020 A/C 01.00.416 17 27 Feb 2002 NTSC
5 Flying king français Toyota GT-One RaceCar TS020 Joypad 01.00.841 16 04 Feb 2002 PAL
6 the.gamer italy Toyota GT-One RaceCar TS020 A/C 01.01.278 15 11 Jul 2003 PAL
7 pedrodaman scottish Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car A/C 01.01.753 14 10 Oct 2002 PAL
8 Zero American Pagani Zonda Race Car Joypad 01.02.123 0 03 Feb 2003 NTSC

Some of you try to get that time with a Zonda, once you do then you will realize that it is a great car, you n00bs just do not know how to tune a car and once you do you will not be a n00b anymore but you still will not be as good as Bollocks, Ron, Kelly, Rob, Mischa, everyone else that partipates in online racing and how good I use to be.

Originally posted by Zero
you n00bs just do not know how to tune a car and once you do you will not be a n00b anymore but you still will not be as good as Bollocks, Ron, Kelly, Rob, Mischa and how good I use to be.
Was this part strictly necessary? What's chapping your ass, Zero?

Back