Zytek 1 Hour EnduranceFinished 

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 73 comments
Couldn't do it. Everyone was lagging around me.
I don't blame you. I was thinking about leaving as well. I ended up just trying to get back something good. P2 is not good, but considering how much time I lost either making a mistake or getting smacked by lagging cars, I guess that can't be too bad.

Sorry for the connection issues everyone. I used Fixed Host so that there would be no invisible cars but the side effect is that I needed to lower the race quality to try and ensure less dropouts.

Once we got going things did seem to improve although the first 2 laps were dodgy.

Congrats to @CraigHyphenO on the win, never predicted that!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Many thanks to PJ for putting this event on, it's a good car and nicely suited to GP/F, and I love rapid depletion.

Sincere apologies to anyone I connected with during the race, none of which was intentional or reckless, it was just inevitable when cars are randomly appearing and disappearing around the track. I was smashed into the middle of next week and knocked down to 10th or 11th myself in the first lap. Nightmare.

Congratulations to Craig, I recon he drove a faultless race.

Maybe we can have rain next time, to really throw a cat among the pigeons.

Cheers, Zo.

Probably the hybrid tyre strategy, I guess the game only considers a compound switch if you change all 4 tyres.

I'm pretty sure I ran one stint with RHs...

I can remove those penalties if others agree, not bothered either way. You and @Zolon32, right?

In any case, many thanks to everyone for taking part. Feel free to use the specs of this event to host your own GTPlanet races/series.

This was my last ever race in Gran Turismo 6 as I've decided to move on. Many thanks to everybody I have raced over the past 2 years for the good battles. Hope to see you all on track once again sometime :)

Thanks for organising it. I was horrendously slow but I'm glad I was only lapped once by only one car.
Personally I'm not a fan of these cars and it showed however I was keen to get an event done.
Maybe some might be interested in my upcoming season I'm making however it is still WIP.

I can remove those penalties

Don't bother on my behalf PJ, the race is done, 929 is over the moon with his promotion to second place ;), and I've got over the embarrassment of being chastised by a robot.

This was my last ever race in Gran Turismo 6 as I've decided to move on.

Man, I'm sad to hear that, good events (satisfactory combinations of car/tyre/circuit/regs) aren't the easiest thing to find in GT world. Are you quitting all together, or moving to the PCar side?

Maybe some might be interested in my upcoming season I'm making however it is still WIP.

Gremlin, special apology to you. I knew we'd made contact at the hairpin, but everybody was floating/glitching around so much it seemed impossible to be certain of making a clean pass. I'll keep my eye out for your thread and, if you'll have a dirty S.O.B. like me, I might be able to join.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Well that was unexpected.

I thought during practice that reverting to a slightly more neutral version of my Mega GT setup would probably be the way to go here, so that's what I did.

I didn't get a great quali lap in, but I was able to secure fifth on the grid, six tenths ahead of my former team mate @PJTierney .

I started really well, took the outside line into T1, gaining one place. I then managed to get past the (I'm assuming) mixed tyre-shod @FutureF1 after a nice tasty dice for position. After @rcb929 had his issues, it was just a case of not making any mistakes and maintaining the gap to the car behind.

Never thought I would even get on the top three, let alone winning this thing. Thanks to PJ for organising this, see you on the track soon buddy.

Man, I'm sad to hear that, good events (satisfactory combinations of car/tyre/circuit/regs) aren't the easiest thing to find in GT world. Are you quitting all together, or moving to the PCar side?

I'm taking a break from racing for a few months so that I can play other games. GT6 is pretty much all I've played this year.

Next racing game will probably be Forza 6.

Gremlin, special apology to you. I knew we'd made contact at the hairpin, but everybody was floating/glitching around so much it seemed impossible to be certain of making a clean pass. I'll keep my eye out for your thread and, if you'll have a dirty S.O.B. like me, I might be able to join.

Cheers, Zo.

Don't worry about it. I really wasn't fussed about that race. I was in for fun. I had put about 2 hours practice in and was safe to say I struggled to get 1.50s in this car. I'm more of a gt or touring car driver.

My thread name is JTCC. It's worth a look I'm updated the regs and all sorts everyday.

Back