ZZ2 Layout?

• Thread starter delucani
  • 19 comments
This may just be a dumb question but I am going to ask anyway. What drivetrain does the ZZII have. By looking at the body it would appear to be Mid-Engined. But its 4WD. So it is Mid-Engine 4-Wheel Drive? If so does anyone know of any other cars in the game or in real life like this?

It is indeed a mid-engined 4WD - the engine in question being the RB26DETT engine from the Nissan Skyline.

Other mid-4WDers are the Lamborghini Diablo VT and almost all the Group B rally cars of the 1980s (see my avatar) - Ford RS200, Lancia Delta S4, Peugeot 205 T16 and Metro 6R4.

But the engine isn't in the back of the car, it's still in the front, but behind the front axle...I have a picture somewhere I think with the engine at the front...:| I'm probably wrong, but yeah.

notice how the engine is backwards like a reverse skyline setup

Attachments

• zztwo4.jpg
    zztwo4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 91
haha, you know, until now, i NEVER knew the engine in the ZZ-II was a skyline engine. i'll be damned, you learn somthin new every day, haha. It even says it in the little description thing that scrolls across the bottom of the screen when you buy a car, guess i should read those more often. haha. It even said you could choose engine sizes from a v6 to a v12 :eek: wonder what engine they use for that one! this cars already crazy enough w/ the skyline engine!

I shoulda known, the damn thing sounds like a skyline in the game, just never put 2 and 2 together. Reminds me of how a few months ago I just found out the engines used in the JGTC supra racers are actually 4 cylinder engines. When gt3 came out my friend was looking at the intro and was like "thats not right, supra's have 6 cylinder engines, that ones a 4 cylinder" but one day i was playing GT2 and reading the description of the castrol supra, and found out they actually do use 4 cylinder engines in the racers...i'll never doubt gt3 again. hehe

I would doubt GT3 . . . they have the 787B as having a four rotor turbo engine, when in reality it is a NA four rotor unit. Yep, those two JGTC Supra's have four bangers. Guess what this years cars have? They have a 5.2L V8, I sure hope GT4 will have those.

And they say the Speed 12 is related to the Tuscan Speed Six. When it is in fact based on the Cerbera (given away by the words "TVR Cerbera Speed 12" written down the sides of the car).

In fact a lot of their scrolling text is inaccurate, poorly constructed and plain wrong.

I haven't paid all that much attention to most of the scrolling text. Is it really that bad?

They really stuffed that engine in there, didn't they? And the steering is on the left side? Cool! I don't get it though. A Japanese builder has a car built in England......... Go figure.

They really stuffed that engine in there, didn't they? And the steering is on the left side? Cool! I don't get it though. A Japanese builder has a car built in England......... Go figure.

Originally posted by Rat Bastid
That double was an accident.
That's exactly what I'm saying, Solid. That's why I'm confused.

Oh. Maybe it is a German version of the Car?:confused: I think they sold some ZII's in Germany.

Whoops, my mistake...:embarrassed: Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Yeah, and the steering wheel appears to be on the correct side, I think Japan drives on the "right" side of the road...Not sure on that either. :|

No, in Japan they drive on the same side as the Aussies & Brits.
Maybe it was (the car in the pic) produced for Germany. :confused:

Back