Resource icon

Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo

Clpw_Ch_M.jpg

This tune is an all around use for the Vision Mazda LM55 at 650pp. Any track/race is fine. However, I tuned this specifically for the Nurburgring 24-minute Challenge in the Super license section of races.
This is a fog/wet/rain race, and was tuned on Racing Intermediate tires. (RH and RS work fine)
Its a 600,000+$ reward race with login bonus, and is great training for high speed racing during rain.
Its 3 laps around the ring, pitting after lap 2 only for fuel. Very fun, great cash, and awesome training exercise (which is why I even made the tune, to get better at fast rain and make cash doing it)
trynumber2.jpg
Game Version
Controller Type
Game Controller
Vehicle Manufacturer
Mazda
Performance Points
650 PP
Max. Power
000 HP
Weight
0000 kg
Weight Distribution
Displacement
0000 cc
Max. Torque
000 ft-lb
Drivetrain
4WD
Tires (Front)
Racing: Intermediate
Tires (Rear)
Racing: Intermediate
Pit Service
  1. Car Wash
  2. Change Oil
  3. Improve Body Rigidity
Ride Height (Front)
Ride Height (Rear)
Spring Rate (Front)
Spring Rate (Rear)
Dampers - Compression (Front)
Dampers - Compression (Rear)
Dampers - Extension (Front)
Dampers - Extension (Rear)
Anti-Roll Bars (Front)
Anti-Roll Bars (Rear)
Camber Angle (Front)
Camber Angle (Rear)
Toe Angle (Front)
Toe Angle (Rear)
Brake Balance (Front)
Brake Balance (Rear)
Max. Speed
Max. Speed Unit
mph
Transmission (1st Gear)
Transmission (2nd Gear)
Transmission (3rd Gear)
Transmission (4th Gear)
Transmission (5th Gear)
Transmission (6th Gear)
Transmission (7th Gear)
Transmission (8th Gear)
Transmission (Final Gear)
Transmission (Additional Comments & Instructions)
Final gear to maximum, speed setting to minimum.
Gears next, then final to 3.550. If on a track like special route X, then set final to 3.100.
Initial Torque (Front)
Initial Torque (Rear)
Acceleration Sensitivity (Front)
Acceleration Sensitivity (Rear)
Braking Sensitivity (Front)
Braking Sensitivity (Rear)
Front/Rear Torque Distribution
Power Limiter
70.0%
Downforce (Front)
Downforce (Rear)
Ballast Weight
100 kg
Ballast Position
0%
ABS Level
Traction Control
Author
demonchilde
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.91 star(s) 11 ratings

More resources from demonchilde

Latest reviews

I love this tune, I use it for the B Spec 650PP Nurburg event and I overtake the front pack
(Viper GTSR, BMW F1 GTR, GT Citreon Race Car and Corvette C5R) 4 minutes into the first lap and in A Spec I do it just under 3:30. This is a great handling car and thank you for the tune!
demonchilde
demonchilde
Tyvm ^^
I used this tune with some very slight modifications (700pp Seasonal Event 09/23/2015) and after losing twice with a few tweaks on the standard tune, I found this and used all specs except for what was relevant to the Seasonal race. I won (by only a slight margin. Just a little over 1 second. That pesky Pescarolo is pretty tough.) So, I gave it 5 stars anyway because I didn't use it for what it was designed for but, it worked anyway (better than what I was using) I didn't crush the competition but, I shudder to think what I would have done had I used a tune that you engineered specifically for the purpose I needed it for. If you intend to do so, I would be delighted. If not, the competiveness of winning at the last moments of the race is fun. Anyways...thanks for the time and effort. I do appreciate your work.
demonchilde
demonchilde
Awesome review, very glad you liked it.
Funny thing about this, I took these settings onto an all dry track/race also, and all I tweaked was I took a couple points off the brakes, and I decreased the rear aero number.
The LM55 is one of my favorite cars, I ended up with 2 of them just so I had more presets to play with, lol.
I took a break from tuning starting a few months ago, I get on and do the seasonals but thats about it. It's not lack of interest, it's because of a huge R/L work load. It should be settling down though soon, and I will have more time to test and tweak.
Thanks again, feedback is always welcome.
Thanks for your help
Used this tune for the GT World Championship and the races were so easy. Thanks!
Excellent Tune! My friends and I like to race Deep Forest "dry" and it does fantastic but wondered what changes you might have made if you would have set it up for dry conditions.
demonchilde
demonchilde
Honestly, If I were to make the Mazda for dry conditions, it wouldn't be a simple change. The whole time tuning her was done on wet, so I would have to start from the very beginning. The weight-transfers would be completely different, the braking, apex effects with dampers, everything would change.
Off the top of my head though, regular racing tires, trick down the dampers, maybe 4/3-3/4. bring toe closer to center line. (try -0.10/+0.05). Dry braking would be front heavier, like 8/6. lower LSD, maybe 6/6 15/15 15/15. Do a straight line-high speed-brake hard test. If front tires turn red, shift the weight back using the ballast position, like 48/52, 47/53. If the back tires turn red shift it forward, 50/50 then 51/49.
Other then that, that's just quick adjustments, I would like I said, have to start all over. Let me know how you make out. Good luck ^^
This is great for the seasonal 10 lap challenges. Use inters and change mid race to inters and you blast pass the others in the wet. Not very good when it is dry though.
demonchilde
demonchilde
I completely agree, I have an entirely different set-up for dry racing. As you well know, this tune was designed tongo swimming :)
Brilliant tune. RS tyres and it was 4 seconds a lap quicker at Ascari than a non-tuned version. Mid 1.40s at Bathurst. Love it. Great job.
Fantastic , fast, stable on every track with RS tyres .I won yesterdays on online race at 620 pp.

In italian : BRAVISSIMO !!!
Perfect for grinding in NRing seasonal. Minimal tyre and fuel wear. 7 laps and tyres still at half...
Great tune, very fun to drive. I guess I brake a little harder, I found that braking was a little unsettling until I set the brakes at 6/8. A must try tune!
Back