Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,694 comments
Don't get me wrong, I like this update quite a bit. But they passed up the perfect opportunity to bring this back.
download (1).jpg

Last edited:

RELEASE NOTES & GAME FIXES.​

Features
  • 20 new EventLab props including 12 with lights synched to the music being played through in-game radio.
  • New Horizon Wave Radio Station featuring a new DJ and 21 new songs
  • New Neon Highway
General
  • Fixed an issue where AI Traffic cars were not present in Street Races
  • Improvements made for an issue where some players were getting “Forza Horizon Server Not Available” error message while trying to connect to the Auction House, Message Centre, Leaderboards or browse Liveries, Tunes and Vinyl
  • Fixed an issue where players were not able to follow/unfollow creators via the Creative Hub
  • General performance and stability fixes
Cars
  • Fixed an issue with the 2020 Audi TT RS where front fenders were disappearing when equipping the customized hood
  • Fixed an issue with the 2020 Audi TT RS where the digital gauge in the cockpit view had some texture inconsistencies

Probably not the full list
Also:

The Neon Highway isn’t the only part of the map getting flashy this series; neon decorations from Midnight at Horizon are coming back to races featured on series 34, and the extended night cycles are coming back with them to get a better view of all the neon lights shining through the Festival.

Last edited:
That Citroen! Did not expect that. The Countach/N 74 are nice, I would have preferred more cars from the 80's though than just 3.

No Aston Martin Lagonda is a huge surprise, also no car pack for the first time no car pack in 7 updates!! About time they gave us a little break from those haha.

Overall, looking like a pretty good update, though the next update teaser looks pretty ambiguous.

vno4s5seo01d1.png

Is it just going to be Modern vehicles with 1 Highly Requested Car? I guess we'll find out in June.

I'm going on holiday on June 14th so will have to get a quick 20pts the day before if I want that BX. And I do.
A bit early but have a great holibobs bud.

Also, I'm very happy with this update. I don't recognise a single artist on the new radio station but hey ho. The new cars are bloody gorgeous.

Looks like a fun month is ahead of us.
View attachment 1356331
View attachment 1356330
View attachment 1356329
View attachment 1356328
View attachment 1356327
View attachment 1356326
View attachment 1356325

Edit: Oh, and there are new horns. I love it.
Cassette
Cat Wave
Dial Tone
Plasma
Synth Toms
Synth Horn
I am far more excited for this coming update than I was for our current one.

Although I am stumped as to what noise a waving cat makes for the new horns 🤔🤔

I didn't get a chance to watch the stream; was it mentioned if the Citroen has body options to make it look like it's Group B counterpart?

Hey, Superstar, time to force the whole country to be setup in (insert current most relevant series theme) style!
[...]I don't recognise a single artist on the new radio station but hey ho[...]
I mean, Magic Sword is there. A Hotline Miami fan's ear would perk up. Specially for the composer of, like, one of the best songs in the franchise. Even a late #1 PC Game Critic (RIP bro) would point to it as a perfect exemplar of the musical excellence of the game's soundtrack. In one of the pieces of retro-inspired media that greatly helped kick-start the whole trend.

For anyone having trouble getting the 2nd daily challenge to pop 'Silent Cartographer', use the Audi E-Tron. It's the only Audi I could get it to pop with. Perhaps the silent refers to electric motor compared to an ICE power unit?

For anyone having trouble getting the 2nd daily challenge to pop 'Silent Cartographer', use the Audi E-Tron. It's the only Audi I could get it to pop with. Perhaps the silent refers to electric motor compared to an ICE power unit?
There is nattering that only an EV works, and of any kind. May be a similar sitch to BMW/KTM last week?

@ManteoMax may know more.

Mustang Rally is my favourite pun title this week. Does what it says on the tin. 🎵 All ya wanna do is ride around rally 🎶 (everybody now...)

Last edited:
I’m finally watching the livestream.

The N Vision 74 is based on an old Hyundai concept car? [off to Wikipedia] Oh. Oh my.
IMG_4536.jpeg

IMG_4535.jpeg

Designed by the brilliant Giogetto Giugiaro for Ital Design in 1974, it wasn’t designed to be a Hyundai. It was just a design exercise. It was branded as a Hyundai at the last minute for the ‘74 Turin Motor Show.

The neon decorations vibe to the music. And not just the new Retrowave channel, but every radio station. I can’t wait to have all of Mexico neon-vibing to Delores Martín and Eterna Radio.

Last edited:
So about that Highly Requested Car thing Modern Horizons is teasing. This might be overthinking it, but I figured it was referring to cars that came into existence sometime in the last five years (so about 2019 to 2024). I went through the Suggestions Hub at a friend's urging and threw together the following list of likely contenders:

1) 2024 Toyota GR Yaris (1938 votes, jeez)
2) Koenigsegg Gemera (1868 votes)
3) Bugatti Bolide (1755 votes but people seem to think it might belong in FM2023 more)
4) 2020 Maserati MC20 (1527 votes)
5) Lamborghini Revuelto (1358 votes)

Part of me is becoming more and more convinced that the car they're referring to is the MC20, because according to that leak @nukleabomb posted, it's been in the files for a while now--not to mention it is the kind of car that's absolutely worth teasing and theming an entire car update around. While a good chunk of these are at the very least headline car material--the Yaris kinda isn't that for me but PG can do PG--a lot of them are also cars you would want to drop a teaser of right before the stream at the very least, not hype up for a full month. The MC20 absolutely fits that bill.

But, at the same time, the last time PG said "hey we're adding a highly requested car to the game", we got the Tsuru, which was the most highly requested car in the game at the time (which the SLR, I believe, now has the lead on and has a model that came out in the last decade), so given this criteria the Yaris might come out on top and we'll be getting an update dominated by marketing partner buy-in rides. We'll have to see.

I've decided unilaterally that the McMerc SLR is a "modern" car. So it should be on that list too, since everyone wants it :D

Random question, which car is closest to the GTA 3 Sentinel? Would it be the Lotus Carlton?

Attachments

• IMG_9840.jpeg
    IMG_9840.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 3
Random question, which car is closest to the GTA 3 Sentinel? Would it be the Lotus Carlton?

It's more or less a fictionalised E34 BMW M5, so that. Square headlights instead of round, no split in the grille, and a bodykit for the Mafia version, but otherwise it's largely a BMW homage.

Assuming that the Festival Playlist has all "new-to-Forza" vehicles, and that they would really be generous enough to add all highly-requested vehicles, this is what it could look like:

80pts. - 2020 Toyota GR Yaris RZ "High Performance"
160pts. - 2023 Koenigsegg Gemera*

Week 1:
20pts. - 2022 Maserati MC20
40pts. - 2024 Lamborghini Revuelto

Week 2:
20pts. - 2018 Kia Stinger
40pts. - 2021 Ferrari Daytona SP3

Week 3:
20pts. - 2022 RAM 1500 TRX
40pts. - 2022 Koenigsegg CC850

Week 4:
20pts. - 2019 Audi RS Q8
40pts. - 2022 Mercedes-Maybach S 680

I won't make any guesses for a potential car pack as Horizon Retrowave doesn't have one. Also, the Koenigsegg Gemera, if it were to be added, should likely have the 2,300hp hybrid V8.

Would be the best monthly playlist ever but I feel that's far too optimistic 😂

So about that Highly Requested Car thing Modern Horizons is teasing. This might be overthinking it, but I figured it was referring to cars that came into existence sometime in the last five years (so about 2019 to 2024). I went through the Suggestions Hub at a friend's urging and threw together the following list of likely contenders:

1) 2024 Toyota GR Yaris (1938 votes, jeez)
2) Koenigsegg Gemera (1868 votes)
3) Bugatti Bolide (1755 votes but people seem to think it might belong in FM2023 more)
4) 2020 Maserati MC20 (1527 votes)
5) Lamborghini Revuelto (1358 votes)

Part of me is becoming more and more convinced that the car they're referring to is the MC20, because according to that leak @nukleabomb posted, it's been in the files for a while now--not to mention it is the kind of car that's absolutely worth teasing and theming an entire car update around. While a good chunk of these are at the very least headline car material--the Yaris kinda isn't that for me but PG can do PG--a lot of them are also cars you would want to drop a teaser of right before the stream at the very least, not hype up for a full month. The MC20 absolutely fits that bill.

But, at the same time, the last time PG said "hey we're adding a highly requested car to the game", we got the Tsuru, which was the most highly requested car in the game at the time (which the SLR, I believe, now has the lead on and has a model that came out in the last decade), so given this criteria the Yaris might come out on top and we'll be getting an update dominated by marketing partner buy-in rides. We'll have to see.
Okay so I'll have to change my criteria for predictions on what the next Festival Playlist could look like:

80pts. - 2020 Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High performance" (New-to-Forza)
160pts. - 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR (recycled, returning)

Week 1:
20pts. - 2022 Maserati MC20 (New-to-Forza)
40pts. - 2004 Toyota Altezza RS200 (recycled, returning)

Week 2:
20pts. - 2023 Koenigsegg Gemera (New-to-Forza)
40pts. - 2010 Gumpert Apollo S (recycled, returning)

Week 3:
20pts. - 2024 Lamborghini Revuelto
40pts. - 2019 Lamborghini Sian FKP 37 (recycled from FM8)

Week 4:
20pts. - 2021 Ferrari Daytona SP3
40pts. - 2018 Kia Stinger (recycled, returning)

Last edited:
Okay so I'll have to change my criteria for predictions on what the next Festival Playlist could look like:

80pts. - 2020 Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High performance" (New-to-Forza)
160pts. - 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR (recycled, returning)

Week 1:
20pts. - 2022 Maserati MC20 (New-to-Forza)
40pts. - 2004 Toyota Altezza RS200 (recycled, returning)

Week 2:
20pts. - 2023 Koenigsegg Gemera (New-to-Forza)
40pts. - 2010 Gumpert Apollo S (recycled, returning)

Week 3:
20pts. - 2024 Lamborghini Revuelto
40pts. - 2019 Lamborghini Sian FKP 37 (recycled from FM8)

Week 4:
20pts. - 2021 Ferrari Daytona SP3
40pts. - 2018 Kia Stinger (recycled, returning)
This seems a little optimistic, especially making the Yaris into a Series reward and not a Playlist reward, and making some of the others into 40 point cars. But honestly I could see this for the Playlist itself, theming the entire series around the most requested modern cars.

To be honest, I'm now leaning towards the Playlist consisting of this one highly requested car and a whole bunch of marketing partner buy-in cars that only vaguely tie into the actual star of the show, a bit like Horizon Creatives and Horizon Race-Off. But that actually makes it harder to predict what we're gonna get, outside of maybe the new R8; we would definitely have to see what they choose to bring in that case. The Series title is genuinely too vague in this case to know for absolute certain.

Back