• Thread starter Sprite
  • 26 comments

Sprite

Beanbag Brain
Premium
United Kingdom
Horbury, West Yorkshire
GTP_Sprite
Only read if you want to know who he is.

text3lo.jpg
smallpic1eo.jpg

mainpic3cr.jpg

Although I have no idea who he is, it's good to know who is behind the mask. :D Does this mean there will be another Stig and this one killed off like previously?

I HOPE SO, I WISHED I HADN'T OF MADE MYSLEF READ IT NOW, I MEAN he has grey hair for god's sake! oh well, KILL THE STIG! we need a new one! i say wechuck him off a mountain in a bugatti veyron (then a certain broadcasting company would be £800,000 down, but they wouldn't care, would they?:)

Julian Bailey was a damn good driver, he obviously still is.

Duno about evidence, its in a news paper so who knows, to be honest i dont know if the story is based on fact or that the paper just wanted to fill some space on there pages.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was him, ace race driver, not doing anything that could stop him being the Stig, no proof mentioned but it wouldn't suprise me.

I think his daughter is hot.

In a non-pedophilistic way.

I don't really see the evidence they have to say it's him. The second article has a bit more backing it up but it's still questionable.

Well, The News of the World is clearly wrong because they used the words "Ben Collins" and "hottest driving talent in the UK" in the same sentence without any negatives.

The Daily Express just makes stuff up, and the only eason we heard about Perry McCarthy was because that other newsprint drama queen The Daily Mail though it was an outrage that he broke someone's car.

I'm still of the opinion that it's various people, whomever is available on the day. I know for a fact that "The Stig" who drove the Renault F1 car was actually Renault tester Franck Montagny.

Not that I don't believe you, but how do you know for a fact that it was him who drove the Renault F1 car?

"News" Of The World just plainly blows, I hardly ever believe anything they write in their "news"paper.

live4speed
Not that I don't believe you, but how do you know for a fact that it was him who drove the Renault F1 car?

He was interviewed by Autosport magazine, and he cited it as one of the "fringe benefits" of being a test driver: getting to do cool stuff like that.

I think now with the new article, that both papers are grasping at straws to see if the can out the stig.

Perry McCarthy says in his autobiography that Julian Bailey stood in for him twice during his time as the (black) Stig, so I suspect it's more likely to be Bailey than Collins. Plus Bailey would have the time to be the Stig, what with being retired from racing and everything.

GilesGuthrie
The Daily Express just makes stuff up, and the only eason we heard about Perry McCarthy was because that other newsprint drama queen The Daily Mail though it was an outrage that he broke someone's car.

I think it was doing donuts in a 1950s Jag C - or possibly D - type.

Back