How I set up my DFP/DFGT/G25/g27

• Thread starter Gabkicks
  • 18 comments
Gabkicks
GabkicksX
1.)Download wingman Profiler http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/latest_soft_main.htm

2.)install profiler and calibrate wheel

3.) create a new profile for LFS or rfactor or Richard Burns Rally. go to edit/ specific game settings/
check "use special force feedback settings"

overall effect strength = 102%
spring effect strength = 0%
damper effect strength = 0%

check "enable centering spring" but set it to 0%

check "use special steering wheel settings" and uncheck "report combined pedals"
-------------------------------------------------------
i use 50% force feedback ingame. you may like more or less.
for drifting i have it set to 620 in the profile and 540 ingame.

with GTR class cars i have steering lock set to 540 both ingame and in profiler.

400 for formula cars ingame and in profiler

Last edited:
My steering wheel shakes so much from left to right and calibration isn't even stable, I had to keep pressing the re-caliber button and when I press "lock calibration", my car doesn't start. My god, I hate this. So complicated.

I run same but 100% instead of 102%

Rfactor i run 540 lock with 18 - 28 degrees of steering lock in garage
GTL i run 900 with 34.5 degrees.

if you run at over 100% it reduces the weak ffb feeling near the center because it overrides the wheel's tendency to give weaker ffb when it is near the center.... at least thats what i read somewhere.

thanks for the setup gabkicks
quick question,
in RBR the wheel only rotates 180, but in the logitech game profiler i have it set to 900
how would i go about fixing this?

do you mean the steering wheel of the actual car ingame? I haven't played RBR in a while, but here's what I think I did. http://www.bhmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=155102#155102

when im playing RBR, my G25 only rotates 180 degrees even though in the game profiler i have it set to 900
thanks for the link,
i'll give that a try (seems tedious...)

EDIT: just tried it, made my RBR shut down whenever i tried something... so i replaced the modded physics.rbz with the original, and the car doesnt accelerate properly now, lol
doing a reinstall
is there no option ingame to increase steering lock?

Last edited:
do you have a custom profile set for RBR? that could be why. Other than that, I dunno

is that "linking" the RBR .exe file in the logitech game profiler?
im pretty sure i had that done.
just to clarify, if i have the wheel lock set at 540 in the game profiler, should the wheel lock be at 540 in RBR?

in rbr, i set it to max in the setup usually. sorry for taking so long to respond I missed this one. You can also change the visible wheel ingame. everything's on www.bhmotorsports.com you have to carefully edit things. take off 'read only' etc.

I have a brand new Athlon AM3 triple core with 4GB ram running Vista with a GeForce 260 GTX graphics card. G25 wheel. Just downloaded LFS and latest Vista G25 drivers.

The gas pedal is stuck full on, unassigned to any control, G25 gas pedal works the brake. I can't change anything. Set up the Logitech Profiler as suggested. No issues with GTR Evolution or GT5 Prologue.

What do I do?

Also, how do you adjust the driver view? Is the cam movable up and down as well as forward - back?

Last edited:
make sure the axis isnt combined in global profile and in LFS profile. also make sure that its separate axis in LFS and you may need to invert the axis in LFS options
you can pretty much put the camera almost anywhere you want. settings are in options.

Thanks, got it sorted out. My original impressions from two years ago seem accurate, and it smokes just about every PC sim I've touched. Even in graphics, amazingly!

Back