Suzuka laptimes, post yours here.

• Thread starter Kamus
  • 77 comments
Well, the demo has been out enough for this thread to start, anyway, i realize there's a different forum about this, but since this is exclusive to GT5, i figured i'd post it here.

You can post any configuration you want.
But preferably if you have a steering wheel, all aids off. simulator mode, N2 tyres if possible and at least two tires inside the track at all times.

2'36"381 is my first attempt, lots of room for improvement.
2'33"518 new attempt, messed up a little bit so some more room for improvement, same car and settings.
No aids, Simulator mode, N2 tyres. Lancer Evo X

Hi guys, my first reply here..

I have looked allover for a thread with laptimes :)
I used the Evo X yesterday and got 2.18.862 with the "correct" setup.

I,m going to try the BMW later today, Race on :D

With the Lancer Evo X, N2 tires (yuck) and everything off in Sim mode with my DF Pro, I did a 2.35.402 without running off the track. Even though I'm half asleep, I think I won't better that by much.

I ran a 2:11.223 with the Black Mask GTR, R3 tires, stability & traction control off, Pro setting, AT & DFP wheel.
It wasn't a perfect lap so I know there is more to be shaved off that time.

Lol, someone remembers me ... :D

I put up a lap in the BMW on the N3 tires in Pro mode by the way ... You can see me nearly lose the car 4-5 times, but I get to the finish line ... :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng5ftoyG2D8

From this, you'd think the AI is very fast, but they actually always run something like S2 tires, no matter what tires you choose. ;)

look at those laptimes compared to the laptimes people here are setting.

Have you bothered to consider what tires are being used in the real laptimes vs the people here in the thread? Whatever the cars have under them in the Best Motoring events (I'd assume they would be the factory supplied tires?), they are typically not the racing slicks which many people here are using to set their laptimes.

I used N3 tires and got a 2:34 in the BMW on Professional mode. I think you can get that car under 2:30 once you really master it, but it won't be easy. Oh yeah, also consider if people here are using professional mode. ;)

yes i noticed some people posted times with n2 n3 or r3 blah tires. i was just posting a link for people who were interested. A ferrari f50 should be faster than an F40... obviously there are many variables.

managed 2.06'991 in the GTR black mask , using sixaxis controller

2:11:800 Black Mask R3 tires professional all off
2:18:656 Black Mask S2 tires professional all off

but that 2:06:991.. - is it OLR clean ?

I got 2:21 with the lancer. R3s, no aids, Sixaxis, two tire rule

That 2:06 is quick, a little too quick. sorry man but i need to see a replay of that.

i did a clean but not perfect lap and got a 2:11, I dont see you stomping me by 5 seconds with the two tire rule in effect.

look at those laptimes compared to the laptimes people here are setting.

I think the dudes driving in real life are contending with a million more variables then we are though.

For instance,

One off in real life = good chance your day is done:nervous:

One off in GT = Instant time warp restart like it never happened everytime:)

i know i've made a few 2:12's, but can't try to beat them now with the gt-r unnaccessible (sp?).

on that 2:06 laptime, i'd really like to see a replay of it too.
speaking of which, that guy (or gal) has been a member since february 2002. that was his first post ever!!!

2'33.541"
Evolution X, N3/N3, 6-axis, simulation, ASM off, TC@0, auto tranny, 2 wheels on and I did get some drafting assist from a TT that got ahead of me on lap one after I overbaked a corner :dunce:

2:32.892

EVO X
N3/N3, sixaxis, all aids off, TC: 0, rules followed.

Still, lots of small mistakes, I'm guessing it's not hard to drop to the 2:20's.

2:32.892

EVO X
N3/N3, sixaxis, all aids off, TC: 0, rules followed.

Still, lots of small mistakes, I'm guessing it's not hard to drop to the 2:20's.

I hit a 2:20 with the lancer but with R3s, sixaxis, no aids, 2 tire rule
My race time was 4:49.008, but i hit a couple cars on the first lap.

on that 2:06 laptime, i'd really like to see a replay of it too.
speaking of which, that guy (or gal) has been a member since february 2002. that was his first post ever!!!

:nervous: not shure what that means :grumpy:

anyway i dont have the replay for the 2:06:991 cose i didnt think it would be such a big deal , but , i did 2-3 races after i got home from work and came with a 2:07:154 on the 2'nd lap ...if that counts for anything ?
here's a link to the replay ( i apologise for the ****ty quality ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K5DBPuWq54
lots of mistakes and can easily see a low 2:05:xxx

I said "guy or gal" because there's also quite a few girls registered on this site too. Should've looked a bit more down on your profile, says your name is Sebastian.

Gonna watch the vid now.

Back