Playstation OM UK GT Review next month

• Thread starter gtbillyboy
  • 202 comments
The night shot, does this look like Monaco\Cote D'Azur to anyone?
Or Reverse SSR5(disputable but we've been shown Indianapolis and told we'd get Indy, maybe the same, shown a night course but dont get them all at night.)
Have at it.
OPMUK3.jpg

Last edited:
The night shot, does this look like Monaco\Cote D'Azur to anyone?
Or Reverse SSR5(disputable but we've been shown Indianapolis and told we'd get Indy, maybe the same, shown a night course but dont get them all at night.)
Have at it.

I'm pretty sure it's not Monaco as the tunnel there is under a hotel

monaco_tunnel.jpg

I won't be disappointed, all I want is a GT5p with a lot more content, e.g. cars, tracks & the greatly improved online portion of the game.

I would be satisfied, everything else is just a bonus to me.

But hey, that's just me....

👍

Only 'bonus' I was really hoping for was night racing:).

Yeah it's Route 5, it could be Special Stage or Clubman stage since they both use that same corner.

night shots are new :)

Just thought I'd bring you some snippets from the latest issue of Official UK Playstation magazine. (sorry about the quality)

First up, I know you all like your night shots:

number1.jpg

One for all the guys who worry about 'GT5 Sound':

number4.jpg

Then there's a nice couple of captions that came beneath it (number 5 being my favourite):

number2.jpg

And just incase you cant all make it out, exact words finishing first sentence in second column are as follows;

'Five, it just so happens, is also the number of years GT5 will have been in development by the time it emerges in the autumn'.

number3.jpg

I thought i saw august 13th somewhere. Sounds about right.

Last edited:
August would be do-able for a release date.. i don't even care if it's japan only first, but i sincerely hope it's not delayed till christmas.

Thanks for the scans whoever uploaded them!

Now I'm thinking about the damage limitations to street cars

With a full tune and R body and roll cage upgrade, it isn't really a road car anymore right? So it maybe one one to get around that and get full deformation ;)

Now I'm thinking about the damage limitations to street cars

With a full tune and R body and roll cage upgrade, it isn't really a road car anymore right? So it maybe one one to get around that and get full deformation ;)

Good idea, might see it in some normal road cars turned racecar. But I think the biggest reason they limit damage to rececars is modeling man-hours so I doubt this would be the case.

mmmm I like that snippet about the sound and dynamic weather, yes sir, I do!!!:D
p.s. are there quality scans anywhere, so I can actually read the whole thing??(those by neal are hardly readable...CoolColJ?)

Last edited:
Too bad night racing has been around for some time. But I don't expect every writer to know everything.

Except it hasn't been around in the sense that every course can be raced at night now.

And these little tidbits (although night racing was known) are making me excited. Dynamic weather, lovely.

Although I hope the first few DLCs are tracks, not more cars.

Except it hasn't been around in the sense that every course can be raced at night now.

And these little tidbits (although night racing was known) are making me excited. Dynamic weather, lovely.

I dont really trust OPM after the INDY fiasco... Especially on such hot topics as weather and time of day.

Yup, and I purposely skipped typing that so someone else (like you) could mention it. But my point is they should get someone who knows what they're talking about. Night racing is nothing new, so he should not have said "Night racing makes a series debut". It's just false.

But yea, it's about time each track gets a night version.

Well if you have dynamic time of the day, then night racing is moot
If weather is dynamic then so must time. Weather can't change without time advancing :)

Again it just confirms these guys weren't lying towards the end of last year
http://www.jvn.com/jeux/articles/interview-gran-turismo-5-r-eacute-v-eacute-lations-exclusives.html

It has learned that the game has a good day / night cycle and it will - finally - can run in the rain. Similarly, management of tire wear will be the program. Degradation will vary depending on the quality of pilotage and the rise in temperature gums. It is therefore possibleoptimize its sets of tires and driving studying graphic races, Explained in detail in the video

:)
N.B. : Some screens have been blurring at the request of Polyphony Digital, we apologize for the inconvenience.
I think this refers to in the video where there is some pixel squares being overlayed onto the monitor in the background that shows a track (Suzuka?) paused, and when Kaz is driving on some track - blurred out

Last edited:
Yup, and I purposely skipped typing that so someone else (like you) could mention it. But my point is they should get someone who knows what they're talking about. Night racing is nothing new, so he should not have said "Night racing makes a series debut". It's just false.

But yea, it's about time each track gets a night version.

I was actually reading the article (very hard with that small print :( ) and the author did mention that the former (he was referring to night racing here) was already present, but not on all tracks, so that big text there is more of an attention grabber than anything.

wow...damage implementation taking a really really long time i guess. got no choice but to wait it out and wish PD the best.

Hopefully they are doing other things too to make this a game of a new generation. bless.

I’ve worked out a better way to convert the original PDF scans to better quality jpg’s…enjoy

Cheers

Neal

J

page0001.jpg

page0002.jpg

page0003.jpg

page0004.jpg

page0005.jpg

page0006.jpg

Last edited:
Until I play the game myself and experienced it in full, the kind of speculative and internet collected information in the article above is a waste of paper.

Weather will be a great inclusion but until I see rain falling or morning fog on the ring I wont hold my breath for for full weather implementation and just look forward to a rain soaked Tsukuba circuit.

Damage has never been high on my wish list of things to see in any GT, Tire marks and gradual wear and rubber laid on the track which affects traction throughout a long race would be a more welcome addition. Until damage is so realistic that the AI has to be built to avoid damaging themselves. Also aesthetic damage is all well and good but internal damage would need to be put in to make it worthwhile.

As with the weather Night racing will need to be implemented on all tracks to be classed as a new step in the correct direction, as one or two city tracks with night racing isn't worth the time and effort of the development team that effort could have been put into polishing it to get it out of the door quicker for fans.

I know I sound like a pessimist but I'm not I really cant wait for this game as GT mobile didn't fulfill that need for a full GT game to come along. Props has to go out to the guys getting the magazine and scanning it in. But the journalists working on these magazines just copy and paste the net (not literally).

Roll on GT.

I dont trust`em since they stat "Night racing makes a series debut", maybe they must say "Night racing in all tracks makes a series debut"

Also i want to see SS5 at day!!

I'm 100% confident night racing will not be available on all tracks and there will be no dynamic day/night cycle in a race.

I'm 100% confident night racing will not be available on all tracks and there will be no dynamic day/night cycle in a race.

I've been thinking this too, the cycle would only be of limited use for endurance events which is only a small part of the game which many people might not even do and to be honest I can't really imagine night racing on some tracks unless they've been specifically set up for night racing in real life or are the street or fictional tracks.

I've been thinking this too, the cycle would only be of limited use for endurance events which is only a small part of the game which many people might not even do and to be honest I can't really imagine night racing on some tracks unless they've been specifically set up for night racing in real life or are the street or fictional tracks.

Also, I an interview (sorry, not feeling like hunting it down :guilty:) KY explained a little about a day to night cycle. He basically says there's no way the PS3 has enough power to light a track in such a way that it can change the time of day in race.

Also, I an interview (sorry, not feeling like hunting it down :guilty:) KY explained a little about a day to night cycle. He basically says there's no way the PS3 has enough power to light a track in such a way that it can change the time of day in race.

Ah right, I'll take your word on that. I don't see that as a big deal. What I said above, and also, have you tried the time trial on F1CE, the low sun in that is just really annoying. I'll be happy with day racing with night racing available on appropriate tracks.

Pff I don't know, we never get any news.
I'm more and more starting to think I won't say WAAAAAW when gt5 arrives.
Although I hope it's immense like GT4 was when i first laid my hands on it,
but the longer the less hope i have

Back