BMW Dealers Demo

Higgiracer
I´m from Germany and i just watched the full Norschleife-Lap-Demo with the "Einser-BMW".

I´ve already contacted my local (very big) BMW Dealer, but nobody knows anything about the demo !

Does anybody know how to get hands on it ???

It would surely shorten the time to GT4-Release and i could do some practicing on the "Nordschleife".

Also i was there today for a real DTM-Race, i made another "tourist-drive" on the nordschleife and i really can´t wait any longer !

The video looks great and it really looks like a playable BWM-Demo !It´s just that nobody knows how to get it !

Any ideas ???

Alex you will need to tell us how GT NS and Real World NS compares. I envy you getting to drive anything on that great track.

Also people wait till the 1 series is out please, BMW will not disclose anything especially if it's a special promotion to anyone until they're ready, it's just the way Ze-Germans are. :lol: (j/p)

:)

It´s always a great pleasure to drive on the NS ! I´m not a pro, but i drove there for at least 20 times with cars like Vectra Gt, Audi A3 1,8 or my little Opel Astra 2,0 16 V (136 hp).

The nordschleife movie looks so perfect ! Even the paintings on the track, for example at "Hatzenbach" or "Brünnchen", are perfect !

And even the clouds really look like the typical "Eiffel-Weather".

I´ve always been waiting for a PS2 Game with the Nordschleife (especially to compare the game with real life) and now my dream will come true: The perfect track and the perfect driving Game !

And there will surely be a non-charged front-driven little Opel/Vauxhall to compare with my car in real life !

I´m working for a mercedes dealer in Aachen (85 Minutes away from the Nürburgring) and so i also know lots of people from other Car-Brands (especially some guys from BMW-AC-Schnitzer) but as i already told: Yet nobody knows about the demo.
But some of them promised me to ring me up as soon as possible, if there ist something new !

Then i will post a.s.a.p !

Lots of Germans at granturismo.de contacted their local BMW dealership, and some of them got the response that it would become available at the launch of the BMW 1-series, at 18 September.

18th September !!!

That´s a very long time, but much better than Nov/Dec !

We will see !

Yesterday i bought some german ps2-Mags (OPM, Playzone...) but there are no infos about this demo.

Well, i was driving with my private car and the material really suffers !

I had my hot moment on the nordschleife in last years summer ! After a nice DTM-Race i decided to do another lap on the nordschleife and for the first time i managed to make my girlfriend step in.

As always (and as every rookie does) i used too much brakes und changed the gears to often. I did not manage a smooth ride !

When i arrived at brünnchen i felt some fading und wenn i accelerated out of brünnchen and prepared for the "Eis-Kurve" the brake pedal fell to the floor.

All i could do was change into second gear and then i got horrible oversteering. I spun and a guy on a Kawasaki ZZR hardly managed to pass my car.

My heartbeat was at 180, my girlfriend was screaming and hitting me and i started laughing ! :dopey:

At the end i needed 4 new discs an a complete set of pads (700,- Euro)

Today there were lots of pretty fast cars on the track (the Ring-Taxi, 2 very fast Imprezas from pro-drive, one vette (that guy really was a pro), a murcielago and maybe 20 porsche 911). And of course lots of "Pocket-Rockets".

So you really have to concetrate on what´s coming from behind and you are not really able to drive a clean line.

But it´s allways big fun and some of my funniest Laps were in a little Fiat Uno 1.4 i.e. with 71 hp and a fantastic Koni suspension. Some Porsche drivers really start to wonder, when you start pushing them :)

Next Weekend there ist the AVD-Oldtimer Grand Prix and again i will be there
(Canam Porsches and Ferraris from the 70´s and 80´s with almost 1100 hp)

But at that weekend the Nordschleife will be closed for Tourists :guilty:

I think Sony wants to keep the game as exclusive as possible, keeping people wanting more so they buy the final version of the game. If everyone got a disc in OPM it might curb some anxiousness and enthusiasm we have.

I think you mean "crotch rockets" and not pocket rockets. That's the nickname for an errect penis. Unless you live here in LA, then it means a small sized handgun that must be made illegal to posses and sell.

Anyway, welcome to GTPlanet. Interesting story, yout got there.

hey alexstephen, do you think you can have an incar video of the track next time you go? i want someone to make a comparison video again like they did with tsukaba or whatever track with the rx7.

Alex, welcome to the 'Planet! I'm not German, but nice to have another German here on these forums.

I don't know if the BMW version GT4 would be better than the Toyota version, but when it comes to BMW, you know what you're getting with BMW. You're getting great handling cars, agile sportsters, capable engines, and kind of a must-have for the performance-driven. Getting into BMWs at the Houston Auto Show earlier this year, I had a chance to see what it was like to just get into one. The cars are pretty comfortable and gives you that sort of important character. You know, you're in a car with lots of class and pizazz and can sub as a worthy race car if taken to the track. That's true from the BMW Isetta all the way up to the BMW V12 LMR to even the Williams BMW F1 team.

Sounds pretty cool there, Alex. It would be very interesting to take a BMW and cause complete OWNAG3 of the Nurburgring Nords. And why not? They ruled the 270-something pack of cars there this year at the 24 Hour race there. I personally like Le Mans, but the Nurburgring 24h is nothing to scoff at. If the Europeans can get a hold of this BMW version GT4, I hope you BMW fans can enjoy the cars as much as you'll enjoy GT4's full retail version. Cheerio!

icemanshooter23
I think Sony wants to keep the game as exclusive as possible, keeping people wanting more so they buy the final version of the game. If everyone got a disc in OPM it might curb some anxiousness and enthusiasm we have.
And that's of course why they released Prologue all around the world except here in NA.

JohnBM01
Alex, welcome to the 'Planet! I'm not German, but nice to have another German here on these forums.

They ruled the 270-something pack of cars there this year at the 24 Hour race there. I personally like Le Mans, but the Nurburgring 24h is nothing to scoff at. If the Europeans can get a hold of this BMW version GT4, I hope you BMW fans can enjoy the cars as much as you'll enjoy GT4's full retail version. Cheerio!

This years 24 Hours-Race was a terrible weather-desaster ! The last 3 years were perfect, but this time it was really no fun. The so called "Müllenbach-Schleife" was not driven this year, because they needed the track to enlarge the Pits and the paddocks. There were 211 cars and over 700 (!!!) drivers.

The Race war really spectacular but it was cold and permanently raining !

But even as a mercedes and opel fan i have to say, that BMW did a really great job.

After last years disappointing effort (gearbox malfunction in the first lap of a 24H-Race on both cars !!!) they really had show a good performance.

Last year i drove in the "ring-taxi" (BMW M5) with two-times-24-Hours-winner "Sabine Schmitz" and it was fantastic ! She really knows how to handle the nordschleife.

I also tried to make a video of one of my laps, but the quality was really bad and after a little jump at "Breitscheid" the camera almost fell of and filmed my glove compartment :)

I will try it again !

And i will also post if something happens according the BMW-Dealer-Demo !

Uh I've heard Pocket Rocket used to describe small, fast cars before. Crotch rocket is reserved for bikes and your handgun version is a tad disconcerting.

As i promised, i will keep this posting up to date !

One of my Contacts at the big local BMW-Dealer just called me back an told me, that they are definately waiting for the 1er BMW Nordschleife Demo. It´ll be released (as already posted) when the "Einser-BMW" is presented (18th & 19th September), but the demo will be there within the next 2 Weeks (as they were told from BMW-Marketing).

After 10 Minutes of begging, he promised me to give me the Chance to play the demo a.s.a.p.

Maybe then i will use some Sam Fisher Techniques to get a grip on the disc :)

He also told me, that it won´t be a "free" demo but he didn´t yet know the price.

If anyone has got some informations confirming mine, please post!

Oh, by the way: I always thought "Pocket Rockets" was a synonym for fast japanese Motorcycles ! Sorry ´bout that !

I got a little Kawasaki and now i will stop telling eveybody, that i´m now going to use my "Pocket Rocket" :dopey:

Hello guys and nice greetings from germany! :)
Here are some GT4 Einser BMW Demo Details. The Demo will be released at 18th of sept. and the content is as follows:

The BMW 120i and 120d seem to be playable in the demo and the tracks are New York, Capri and Nürburgring Nordschleife. We will know more at sept 18th :) So stay tuned guys and visit your local BMW dealer ;)

Me too!!!! I was wondering if this would be available through dealers I hope you dont have to buy a 1 series to get it though :nervous:

Thanks for the thread guys and dont forget to keep us updated. Oh does anybody know where you could get a copy of the VW Lupo Cup GTC game? I think they were given to drivers in the race championship only there has to be some around tho I've already searched Ebay and no luck :grumpy:

Stop press :eek:

Just got off the MINI2.com forums and apprently this demo is out here in the UK already, couple of people went to a 1series launch or something and got given the game this this was some weeks ago....

I'm going to the dealers tomorow to find out.

I'm guessing it never will be since the BMW 1 series isn't going to America so BMW won't need to market it over there.

That is a great carlist! Wonder if there are ARMAX or Xplorer codes to unlock those "hidden" cars so that we can play with them on Nordschleife 👍

Anyone already had a chance to unlock something?

Best regards,
doblocruiser

Got this about a week ago from my local BMW dealer. i shouldnt have got it until the 18th but the sales girl went on a presentation and didnt have a PS2 herself. So she gave me the disc.

Put simply. . . Its good!!. It uses the latest playable code as featured at E3 and is far removed from Prologue, its like a different game in fact. Much more realistic handling, gearchanging, Graphics. Bodes well for the full game.

2 cars (120D & 120i) and 3 tracks as stated above. Only big minus point is the 3 minute timer 👎 . This doesnt matter on New York* or Capri, but matters loads on the 'Ring. Still, I'm sure somebody will find a 'freeze timer' cheat before december. . . .

Bad news? This demo is VERY limited. My local dealer has been provided with 100 copies only and no provision for ordering more. These copies will be given to potential customers only at the launch on the 19th September at a popular uk theme park (i'm going). After they are gone there will be no more available.

So get sweet talking you local BMW dealer.

*The New York track is the biggest tell tail on the work that has been done since Prologue. The graphics are far better and the track has a much more realistic feel with bumps etc. the tarmac is improved with more realistic road marking (you are driving real roads afterall).

I spoke to friend the other day and he knows someone at my local BMW dealer, and he phoned him for me and I spoke to him about the demo and he said that as soon as i comes out (whenever that maybe), he will get me a copy of it and send it to my house. So at the moment ive got my fingers crossed and my toes ;) but A friend of a friend of a friend who happens to sell BMW cars isn't that reliable.

Back