Rotaries at Midfield, The Final Return!

• Thread starter tuff240
  • 33 comments
Rotaries at Midfield - The Final Return! (for GT3)

This was a VERY popular race created by Rypien back when GT3 first started.
It had since been brought back a couple times and since it was such a fun race,
I thought it deserved "one last hoorah!"

Hope it brings back fond memories for some and creates everlasting new ones for others.

Links to the original threads are here:
GTP Thread
GTF Thread

The Race:
Mode: Arcade, Free Run
Car: Any Rotary
Track: Midfield
Time Limit: The day GT4 is released

The Rules:
You can submit times for 1 car/class, all cars and classes or anything inbetween.
Standard OLR rules.
No cheating, No wall contact and at least 2 FULL wheels on at ALL times.
You can turn ASM/TCS on or off in ANY class.
Oil changes on ALL cars are okay.
You can choose automatic or manual transmissions in ANY class.

The Classes:
Class 1 - Arcade
You can use "Racing" or "Drifting" mode.

Class 2 - Stock Hp
Any modifications that don't raise hp (other than oil changes) are permitted.
This includes Full Suspension, Sport Brakes, Brake Balance Controller,
Triple Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Racing Driveshaft, Full Transmission,
Full LSD, Lightweight Stages 1-3 and T8 tires.

Class 3 - Fully Modified
Any and all normal modifications within the game are allowed.

To submit times:
I will need what car, what class (arcade, stock or fully modified), the final lap time, and the version of GT3 you are using (PAL, NTSC or NTSC Japan).

You can view the leaderboards and download any available replays at the webpage here: http://www.tuff240.com/rotariesatmidfield.htm

I'll adjust the hp figures when my cars are fully broken in and I know for sure the max hp. The ones with "?" are the ones I'm referring to.

Zero, please check and confirm your fully modified 787B time and get back to me.

I will also be adding a mildbrid class as soon as I get all the details worked out. I'm taking suggestions for that, btw. Thinking Miata with a RZ motor??

Good luck everyone and most of all, have fun!

Leaderboard is now on the webpage due to space/time. Click here!

Ill have to try this out. It will help me locate more rotary cars. Hopefully more people will get these challenges going to help pass some time till GT4 comes out. 👍

Nice times I6-4-eva and Sough. 👍

@ Sough, don't get too comfy there, I was up 2 tenths on my RX8 time last night at T1, so 1'22's are definitely in the cards. ;)

That RZ arcade car is giving me fits though. Can't seem to get that car figured out. :grumpy: I see the time, but I just can't get it to run it clean as I want. Oh well, I'll keep tryin! :banghead:

I think I ran something 1:05.000 with a stock RX-7 LM. I need to improve it and report an official time.

My question, though, is when will replays be required? At the due date? Or as they're entered in the top 10? Because if I enter now I'll be #4, but tomorrow my best time could be in the 30s, depending on who enters times (:

I was thinking that too thats why I was going to wait a day or 2 till the times got posted.

All the times I have received have been posted already. If they aren't showing up for you when you click on the link, refresh the page once you are there.

You have until 9-19 to post times w/o replays. After that time, replays will be mandatory for any top 10 time submitted. I'm doing this simply to get the ball roling. Please MAKE SURE your runs are clean. If a no replay run is submitted before the replay deadline, it will remain on the leaderboard even if it is a top 10 time, but I will most likely change the color or make special note of the circumstances. The time can be questioned by me or any of the racers and you will need to provide at the very least sector times and any info we can gather w/o a x-port/shark-port/max-drive replay. Check your runs to make sure they are 100% clean.

The leaderboards will have more than just 10 positions. I also understand some of the cars/classes might not even reach 10 submissions.

I will however reserve the right to remove any times that are suspicious if the racer can't provide some sort of verification.

tuff240
I'll adjust the hp figures when my cars are fully broken in and I know for sure the max hp. The ones with "?" are the ones I'm referring to.

I will also be adding a mildbrid class as soon as I get all the details worked out. I'm taking suggestions for that, btw. Thinking Miata with a RZ motor??
Wait... You've got an X-port and you don't know the run-in HP?

export your ini file and pay attention to lines 480 and 484. If you set 480 = -1 and 484 = 929924095, you'll have a car that has the oil changed and it's run-in (aka just won).

As for the mildbrid, the two choices I think come up nicely are the Miata with an RZ motor ;) and an RX-7 RZ fully loaded, but with a stock 787B engine and power mods.

I'm off to play around the field.

AO

Der Alta
Wait... You've got an X-port and you don't know the run-in HP?

export your ini file and pay attention to lines 480 and 484. If you set 480 = -1 and 484 = 929924095, you'll have a car that has the oil changed and it's run-in (aka just won).

As for the mildbrid, the two choices I think come up nicely are the Miata with an RZ motor ;) and an RX-7 RZ fully loaded, but with a stock 787B engine and power mods.

I'm off to play around the field.

AO
I've been w/o my x-port since right after I started the rough draft webpage for this challenge. That's why some of my times have replays (old ones) and some don't (newer ones). Hopefully I'll get my x-port straightened out in the next few days. Either way I will be putting at least 200 miles on each of the buyable cars anyways, so I just bought them instead of fussing with my game save and x-port.

I want to do the Miata with the RS or RZ motor for sure. Just haven't decided if I should allow all the RZ engine mods or not. The RZ with a 787B motor fully modded sounds a bit interesting as well. I never played with the Miatas or Hybrid cars so I could really use any suggestions.

Ouch on the X-port. I've been debating a max drive, as I know there are a handful of people out there with them, and will need it converted over to an SPS file.

On the Miata, the RZ engine will turn 290 hp, which is quite a bit for that little car to handle. Maybe with the suspension and what not, it'd hold better, but if Hp were allowed, I think 709 would be far too much.

I'll load one up and test it a bit.

On the Field day. I just spent another 150+ miles and couldn't come down to my previous record. I came close, but didn't get there. My consistency has improved, so it's a matter of a few more miles to cath a 1'02.750.

Here's the Sharkport of my 1'02.833 run.

AO

Attachments

• DA Tuff RX7LM_stock.sps
    43.7 KB · Views: 6
Sorry everyone, I didn't realise my replay links were non-funtional. :embarrassed:

Fixed them and added Der Alta's RX-7 LM with 600hp Shark-port replay and Sjaak68's Arcade RX8 run as well.

I'll work on getting the rest of my replays up soon, especially the arcade 787B as I have a 90 degree slide in the turn just before T2 that is a little funny to watch. :scared:

Okay, all of my replays are now up. It was quite confusing updating my replays with ones with better times due to my lack of organization. So if you see any wrong replays or times that don't match the replay, please let me know. I'll check to make sure I have all the right ones (pretty sure I do) with mk's in a few days.

All of my replays are NTSC btw.

Edit - Leaderboards have been added to the first post in this thread.

I just sent my times for 3 different cars. Im pretty sure I did it right since my times are at least 1 or 2 seconds slower than the best times. :lol:

Arcade RX8 - 1.22.036 for now :mischievous:

I'll get my replays uploaded asap Tuff 👍

The 787 is NTSC and the RX8 is PAL :)

Edit: Arcade RX7 - 1.21.239

Cheers Sough 👍 ... nice nickname for me also :sly:

Here's the 3 laps I have submitted here so far for anyone to check out :)

I'll try the other cars soon, Good luck guys :cheers:

Attachments

• ron arcade787 midfield 59.113 ntsc.xps
    43.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ron arcadeRX7@midfiled 1.21.239.xps
    44.8 KB · Views: 7
  • ron arcadeRX8@midfield 1.22.036.xps
    45.2 KB · Views: 10
Okay, just got back from a short trip and finally updated all the leaderboards and added MrP's replays to the webpage also.

Hopefully I'll get some time this week to improve my times a bit more. The arcade cars are looking most popular at the moment. Probably because they are easy to tune. :P

Mazda rx8 arcade 1'22.923 :) Tried to use Ron's ghost;all I could do was yelling ''wait for meeee'' :lol:

Mazda rx7 Infini lll 1'20.898 :) all mods stock hp(219 hp)

Mazda rx8 1'15.014 all mods stock hp(295 hp)

Mazda rx7 RZ 1'14.777 :) all mods stock hp(304 hp)

I've been working on the RX7 Infinni III and just a hair outside sJaak's time. 1'20.942. That was late last night and I was fighting to keep my eyes open.

Looks like I'll have to get that replay uploaded and ready to go.

AO

Mazda rx7 rs(j) 1'14.945 all mods stock hp (302hp)
Tuff to break your times,Patrick. :)

sjaak68
Mazda rx8 arcade 1'22.923 :) Tried to use Ron's ghost;all I could do was yelling ''wait for meeee'' :lol:
LMFAO! Don't worry, I feel your pain. Midfield is the track I know best and he still consistently puts me to shame there. :(

Webpage leaderboards are updated.
I'll update the leaderboards in this thread Tuesday when I go back to work. (Excel sheet for them is on my work computer.)

sjaak68
Tuff to break your times,Patrick.
Thanks! :D
I used Rypiens old times to judge how good or bad I was doing while I was running them.

OK, just finished up the RX-7 RZ (all mods, No HP) with a 1'14.378. I'll get that one Ported over and uploaded shortly (along with the Infinni III)

Uploaded.

RX7-RZ 74.378
RX7-Infinni III 80.942

I've also flogged the RX-8 (All Mods, No HP) to a 1'14.744. Clean, but I'm still going to work on it. I've logged less than 28 miles in it and I know I can chip a few more tenths off it in time. It's pretty tight now, but I think I can one-up Tuff.

More to come.

AO

Afterall most of my times are still top 10 :lol:
Typo in rx7rz304hp =1'14.777

Attachments

• rx7rz304hp 1'114.777.xps
    44.5 KB · Views: 6
  • rx7infini219hp.xps
    44.8 KB · Views: 6
  • rs(J)302hp1'14.945.xps
    44.3 KB · Views: 7
And some more.O ja,the Mazda RX8 stock 295 hp is a update.1'14.821
(all these types and times drives me :crazy: )

Attachments

• rx8arcade 1'22.923.xps
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
  • rx8 295hp 1'14.821.xps
    44.4 KB · Views: 6
  • rx7rzarcade1'21.931.xps
    44.7 KB · Views: 6
Okay, ALL the leaderboards are finally updated.
Der Alta's and Sjaak68's replays have also been added to the webpage.
Thanks guys. 👍

As soon as I get time, I'd like to run a few of these again and edit a Miata rotary in MK's and test it. With TORC, the WRS and a few other things, I'm having a really hard time keeping up. :boggled:

I went ahead and ran my sim "Stock HP" RZ up to 200 miles tonight (just over 100 miles of driving) trying to get back in front of Der Alta. Couldn't get it done clean but it looks promising for my next go at it. Messed with the settings quite a bit and finally found something I'm reasonably happy with. I did manage to bump Sjaak68 a spot though. :P

Best clean lap was a 1'14.496.
Also had two laps with 3 tires off through the chicane just after T2 that were 1'14.374 and 1'14.332. I can see where I'm losing time and it's not all in one place. A tenth here and there seems to be killing me. Really hard to gather all those up at once, but I'm running very consistent 1'14.5-1'14.8's now.

I'll upload my replay in a couple days, but I really want to have another go at it first. ;)

Good one Patrick,that calls for a reaction.(praying,voodoo,beer,masage salon,peptalk)

I improved my "Stock HP" RZ and RS times.
Added the times and the replays to the webpage.
I'll add them to the leaderboards above in a day or 2.

RZ time: 1:14.264
RS time: 1:14.758

Next up is my arcade RZ, RX-8 and 787B times.

EDIT - Just ran a 1'21.672 in the arcade RZ. Moves me up 2 spots. 👍

EDIT#2 - Just ran a 1'22.899 in the arcade RX-8. Moves me up 2 spots in that one as well. :sly:

EDIT#3 - Just ran a 59.749 in the arcade 787B. Shaved a little over 2 tenths, but didn't move up any positions. :grumpy:

Added the times to the webpage, I'll add the replays in a day or 2.

My thumb hurts really bad, I'm done for this rotary session.

New rules for this race. Replays are no longer mandatory.
(Please save your replays just in case there is a question though. ;) )

Simply run laps at Midfield in Free Run and submit your times.
Please feel free to share replays, settings and tips for other drivers.

Back