The Logitech Driving Force Pro Thread.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 2,697 comments
_mk4002
If you want a really good deal on a regular Driving Force, I would get it here: http://www.ictcompany.com/store/productn.asp?item=LGT-DrFce
The wheel is renewed from Logitech. I just recently picked up a renewed DFP from them. It came sealed in it's original packaging and was in perfectly good condition. They also come with the full 90-day warranty, just incase anything happens.

That same store used to have the Refurb'd DFP for $55 but they are sold out now.

Anyone know where to get a DFP in UK cheap? Been searching about but cheapest i can find is about £80 including postage/shipping.
anywhere sell them refurbished in UK?
cheers

is1111
Anyone know where to get a DFP in UK cheap? Been searching about but cheapest i can find is about £80 including postage/shipping.
anywhere sell them refurbished in UK?
cheers

In Spain the DFP costs 140€ (around $170). Me cago en la ostia.

thirdeye
Ok, well, I called Logitech's Customer Support today, and the slow-talking guy promptly told me when I asked if I could get an AC Adapter for my DFP, "You can't do that." GG Logitech...

What the... That's impossible... Try calling another Logitech customers service dept... or go to plant a bomb inside Logitech's main offices :dopey:

Minnesota01R6
That same store used to have the Refurb'd DFP for $55 but they are sold out now.
_mk4002
That's correct. My DFP was only $55 from them. Worth every penny.

TT_TT..... you're making me cry :guilty: :banghead: :banghead:

drift god, how do u like it with nfsu 2? drag is great with it, but i find for circuit, sprint and just driving around the wheel isn't as responsive as the controller. like with the controller i can skid it through the corners and it feels much tighter and fun. with the wheel it doesn't feel as tight, and i dont have as good controll. street x and drifting are just about impossible with the wheel. i find it hard to justify setting up the wheel just for the drag events

GT Driving Force Pro Force Feedback Racing Wheel

If u don;t have the bucks get the Mad Catz wheel omg
it has a shifter!!!
I have it and been using for for years...
its one of the best racing wheels there is...

Does anyone in here have the Mad Catz steering wheel besides me??
IT kicks the GFP wheel for GT3!!!

http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=6320

After many years of abuse only thing that i broke on it.. is the pedal for the gas.
I am too hardcore, but i easily fixed it with reforged metal plate i added. If anyone wants a pic just say so i can even show u it.

Well i tried all the things you guys said. I used different games I have plugged my ac adapter in any socket in de house. but still the same problem. Could it be the AC adapter??
My ps2 version is SCPH-39004.

maybe I got to give it a kick :ouch:

Okay, I still can't get my wheel into 200 Deg. mode, it's in 900 all the time...is this just the case with GT4? I swore you could put it on 200.....

I will switch myself to the 200 degree when I will drive a more powerful car...

In true the life, it is like that !!
There are not 900 degrees on a powerful racing car usually.

That takes a little practice, but one is accustomed quickly. A good driver does not have problems. :sly:

sLoB80
I will switch myself to the 200 degree when I will drive a more powerful car...

In true the life, it is like that !!
There are not 900 degrees on a powerful racing car usually.

That takes a little practice, but one is accustomed quickly. A good driver does not have problems. :sly:

If you are trying to Insinuate that I am changing to 200 degrees because I cannot get accustomed?

Anyway, I've been playing with 900 deg. fine, and very well, however I would like to use 200 deg. for drift.

tha_con
If you are trying to Insinuate that I am changing to 200 degrees because I cannot get accustomed?

Anyway, I've been playing with 900 deg. fine, and very well, however I would like to use 200 deg. for drift.

Not, I did not want to insinuate that. It's another thrill to drift with 900 degrees , and it is feasible :sly:

I've looked through most of these pages, and not found what I've been looking for. Has anyone tried to replace the regular DFP round shifter and replaced it with another one? For example, if you like Subarus ( :sly: ), and you wanted to replace the normal round ball with an aftermarket Subie shifer, is it possible? Thanks ahead of time.

First of all, I would like to say that even though my post have been critic alot around these board, I do believe that I have maintain a level of integrity in every posted.

I got an unexpected tax return this week of 300$, so I finally decied to buy a DFP and this : http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=,&webid=28857&affixedcode=WW
I remove the shelf in the middle and it's the perfect high for my sofa. Cheap and comfortable.

So I put up GT3 and start in arcade a few lap in the oval. I wasn't very impress but I remember that I have to set it up to 100% force feedback. So I did and decided to do a few race on trial mountain with a Suzuki Vitz. OMG !!!! My jaw drop to the floor. I couldn't believe how great the feedback. I could really feel the car and after 1 lap, I started t do better then I ever did. I took every corner very clean at the right gear. I was ready all the previous post saying how hard it was to adapt. It wasn't my case at all. I used to play in 3rd person view but I switch very rapidly to 1st person and thing started to makes sense. I was driving good.

I don't think i could ever go back playing with a DS2 any driving game. GT3 feels like a brand new game now. I will play for the next 2 week while I wait for GT4. The only downside of the wheel are the pedals. that the only i could think of.

I am thinking of buying a racing wheel. I tested out the Driving Force wheel at Best Buy...not sure if it was pro or not. Anyways, it was a nascar game to test it out with and I wasn't that impressed whith the wheel (note that all I was doing was turning left over and over). Anyways I think it would be fun to have a wheel for my games: GT3, TXR3, and GT4 (soon I'll get it). I was wondering if the DFP was worth the money and if it would work with my games. Is it worth it?

PS the wheel would only turn 90* in either direction...is this the '200degree' mode that y'all talk about, and is it easy to change to other degree modes?

yeah that's the 200 degree mode. if you're playing a game that supports 900, such as GT4 and NFSU, I believe it automatically switches to 900.

about the petals, i played GT4 at the autoshow. it's the only time i played with the wheel but i've noticed the same thing. i didn't like how i couldn't tell how far down i was pushing. is there possibly a way to adjust this with the springs or something? i will get a DFP either way

Sorry if everyone's aware of this, but I'll mention anyway.

I noticed on Logitech's website that there is a $20 rebate on the DFP, provided you buy either GT4 or Midnight Club 3 also, (valid between Jan 01 and March 31)

If you go to logitech.com and click on "What's new" and then "Rebates" you can see it.

I'm thinking of buying it as it can be found online for about $100 shipped. Including the rebate, that's $80 which I figure is a good deal. But you need the original UPC cut out of your box, so if you're getting it really cheap online, try to make sure they won't cut out the UPC area from the bottom of your box.

I'm worried that I'll order the DFP and then find that a good deal can be had as a bundle with GT4 and the DFP together. But even if so, the price would have to be really good on a bundle to make it cheaper (like under $130). I've asked around and searched, but I can't find any evidence that there is a bundle coming out for North America. Does anyone know if there is?

A question: Is there any store that has a demo model or display model? I'd like to at least handle the DFP before I buy it. None of the BB stores that I've been at in Texas will let me try it out or even take one out of the box...

Thanks,

fishman

I've looked through most of these pages, and not found what I've been looking for. Has anyone tried to replace the regular DFP round shifter and replaced it with another one? For example, if you like Subarus (:)), and you wanted to replace the normal round ball with an aftermarket Subie shifter, is it possible? Thanks ahead of time.

Anyone?

wrx sti0402

I haven't taken the shifter apart, but since the knob seems to be molded into the same piece as the shaft (no knob/shaft jokes please) you'd probably have to replace the whole piece. You'd need a stem that attached at the bottom and clicks the up & downshift buttons, and holds your desired shiftknob up top.

Got my DFP today. Initial impressions are good. Much better quality than my old DF, and it's much heavier too. Rubber grip all the way around the wheel, and it's pretty comfortable to use. All the PS2 controller buttons in the centre of the wheel make it really usful to navigate around without having to resort to the Dual Shock controller. The gear mechanism is nice and tight and rattle free, the amount of rotation is insane, and it means the wheel really needs to bolted down firmly when you start twiddling the wheel around a lot. There seems to be a better feedback sensation through it, and the cars can be controlled in a much more subtle way with small steering inputs. It also feels a lot more realistic to drive the the DF. Not used the shifter much, mainly as I'm so used to the paddles (Which feel better too).
Pedals I'm a bit peed off with as they've made the base longer, which means when I cant it up to be more like in car pedals, they sit too high off the ground. I'll have to create another frame for the DFP as it's bigger than my DF, and the funny angles my legs were at means they were starting to hurt. Ah well keeps me busy. I like the way they've made the brake pedal using a stronger spring, however this did mean my unsuitable frame took a bit of a beating as there was more force acting on it than with the DF.
So I'd recommend one of these, especially as they're so cheap at eBuyer at the mo.

pr0gress
drift god, how do u like it with nfsu 2? drag is great with it, but i find for circuit, sprint and just driving around the wheel isn't as responsive as the controller. like with the controller i can skid it through the corners and it feels much tighter and fun. with the wheel it doesn't feel as tight, and i dont have as good controll. street x and drifting are just about impossible with the wheel. i find it hard to justify setting up the wheel just for the drag events

Then you are not using the wheel correctly. I can confirm I can drift just fine in GT3 with a wheel and I find it a lot more fun to play any racing game with a wheel. Sure you can kick ass with a d-pad and its more precise but people get this game to get as close to realism as possible, hence all the threads on cockpits and of course this Logitech DFP thread.

mnarciso
Then you are not using the wheel correctly. I can confirm I can drift just fine in GT3 with a wheel and I find it a lot more fun to play any racing game with a wheel. Sure you can kick ass with a d-pad and its more precise but people get this game to get as close to realism as possible, hence all the threads on cockpits and of course this Logitech DFP thread.

i'm talking about nfsu2. gt3 is good with it

wrx sti0402

hey. i just checked it out. If you have a 10mm hex socket you can take off the shifter. Those little hex screws on top of the shifter are just molded in plastic, they're fake. You just unscrew the 10mm nut on the underside of the wheel to take the entire shaft and knob off. It looks as though if you could find the right sized shaft, with a keyway so it doesn't rotate, you should be able to replace it with no problem. Taking out the shaft doesnt make everything fall to pieces either, so don't worry. I am planning on finding a machined aluminum shaft of some sort and putting a nice shift knob on from a real car, or buying an external sequential shifter like the frex shift+, not sure yet. at any rate.. it's real easy to take off the shifter. later-

you can change the responsiveness of the wheel in the settings. And if thats not enough you can use DXtweak2. well, i mean for the PC version. :) I'd just figured out that if i turned the responsiveness all the way up ingame, 900 mode is useable, but my wheel broke shortly after discovering this. Like.. if you turn up the steering responsiveness for the car, and then go to options and change things in there also. also, turning of centering spring force or turning it down.

Back