Photoshopped cars.

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 7,968 comments
Sorry Beerz for that awful reply. I know I should have said something better but...... *sigh* I don't know. Glanza-V seems to be a very thick headed person. I don't know if he takes out advice seriously or just with a grain of salt, but tell me this. How long do you think does he take to create that chop? I mean me and everyone else has always said he should take time to learn to chop properly and try not to rush the whole photo out like that. Even i'm guilty of doing it sometimes..... :guilty: Another thing is that he always post his photos full sized (which is a big no-no) and put a huge sig on the photo.

I'm not going anywhere with arguing about him and I just don't really know what to say to him to make him realize what message we are trying to send to him. I guess we all should just stop the mocking and continue chopping some cars and post them here. I feel Glanza-V is really pissed at what we are saying about his chop and that he isn't getting enough credit for his work. My advice is just leave him alone and let him chop what he wants (whether its good or not) and let him decide if he wants to be commented or not......

No really, I really wish I don't have this split personality thing happen......

back on topic... another recycled image from a past competition:

The original is here, but can't get the fullsize thanks to some non-hotlinking site.

Sorry guys I didn't mean what I said , I Just have little temper problem , It's just i did what you said and you still said there was things wrong :(
Im truly sorry :( .

*slaps Glanza*

Move on, people! Nothing to see here...

Diego - How did you get the horses to look like that? Is it a brush?
The colour and decals are awesome, great job. 👍

*slaps Glanza*

Move on, people! Nothing to see here...

Diego - How did you get the horses to look like that? Is it a brush?
The colour and decals are awesome, great job. 👍

Why don't we just edit out all our posts? Let's forget about this.

ok, i know this thread is old as this cockroach that's been in my garage for about [insert random number here with the "-illion" suffix at the end] years (eew) but, does anyone know where to get a photoshop demo online? i really want to try and chop a 350Z with an S15. basically make a Silfifty(yes, i made that up). and actually, someone else make one, and i'll see if i can get an idea from that.

p.s., sorry for any typos, i always get jittery when i have to/ want to type something.

Title: 300 LS Coupe

Description: Luxury Sport Coupe

Modifications:
pillar-less 2-door conversion
extended nose & rear
larger wheels/tires [stock still on purpose]
new bodylines
new front end

Original:

Chop:

Wow and OMFG! :eek: :guilty:
That is a really good job but so many horrible mistakes! I'm guessing you did a quickie right? ;) Well here are the details I can pick out:
  • The window looks weird. Should have make the black lines more visible....
  • The front is somewhat unmatched to the body. Could see where the different parts is.....
  • The reflections on the side of the car doesn't look proper....
  • The car seems to be too long. Should have chopped it of by a few inches. ;)

Thats pretty much it I guess....

The left corner of the light is too far over to the right. If you bring it inline with the fender line I think it will look better. Reason I say that is look at the right side, it's right at the edge. Also, that was from a Lincoln right? Even if it isn't it looks more like a car Lincoln would produce not Chrysler. :P

Anyway, good job.

the nose of the car's proportion is off, especially with the running lights. None of it is from a lincoln smart-ass. I was thinking the same thing though. It's all done from scratch. The reflections on the side are the same as stock :P
I actually based this car on a 1969 Chrysler 300, just modernized it a bit. I thought it'd be cool if we had those flip-side headlights back.
1969300.jpg

working on a whole bunch of photoshops right now.

The Car List:

Porsche Boxster (986)
Porsche Turbo (997)
Mini Cooper
BMW M3 E92
Dodge Sprinter
Fiat 500R
McLaren F1
Lamborghini Reventon
Chevrolet Camaro

btw, a few spoilers here, Fiat 500Reventon, Dodge Sprinter F1, Mini Cooper Cup 92, and a Boxster Turbo... wait, i think i just typed everything i'm going to photoshop... yep, i really do have ADD :D

--EDIT--

adobe now won't let me download photoshop. it'll only let me download flash for some reason.

colourlambomf4.gif

It's been a while.

My friend did this at school but the computers didn't have Imageready so i saved on my flash drive and saved it at home. He's okay at PS, i helped him along with this idea.

It appears there's only a border on one frame, so it flashes. Still, nice job! I think having paint like that will be possible in the future.

im unsure how how that got there but whatever...i dont think it'll be a paintjob i think it'll be a smoked-tinted, clear case LED'ss, billions placed on the body parts, and can change to whatever colour it wants.

Someone of High science can do this probably. Adapt the ability to change pigments of the 'paint', by heating it or something and then sell it :)

working on a whole bunch of photoshops right now.

The Car List:

Porsche Boxster (986)
Porsche Turbo (997)
Mini Cooper
BMW M3 E92
Dodge Sprinter
Fiat 500R
McLaren F1
Lamborghini Reventon
Chevrolet Camaro

btw, a few spoilers here, Fiat 500Reventon, Dodge Sprinter F1, Mini Cooper Cup 92, and a Boxster Turbo... wait, i think i just typed everything i'm going to photoshop... yep, i really do have ADD :D

--EDIT--

adobe now won't let me download photoshop. it'll only let me download flash for some reason.

Wait a minute...how are you working on a bunch of chops if you don't have photoshop to do them with, since you are saying adobe won't let you download photoshop:confused:

You're only allowed to use Photoshop for 30 days if you've downloaded a demo... hence the word Demo, as in Demonstration. If your 30 days are up, you cannot download it again.

Damn, forgot to comment on Andy's work! :ouch: Well, it looks very cool indeed (except the weird one frame) but other than that, its almost flawless...... :eek: 👍

Thanks its taking the same concepts of simple chopping and doing something crazy.

I can pretty much write out a tutorial for you on how to start and how to end.

Required Materials: Photoshop & Imageready.

Thanks its taking the same concepts of simple chopping and doing something crazy.

I can pretty much write out a tutorial for you on how to start and how to end.

Required Materials: Photoshop & Imageready.

I have never been able to do any type of animation very well. Whats strange is that i can make very well done stop motion animation though. Different though, using different methods and really don't use the pc except for merging all the clips into one.

i understand frame animation very well. Maybe it's because i watched that PMK episode when i was little, who knows...anyway for the tuotrial, I wont list down every bit of how to do this and that. Just instructions on what you gotta do:

NOTE: in the colour spectrum there is a total of 360 Hues, 0 and 360 being the same one so technically 359.
NOTE: If your image size is beyond 640x480px. I highly recommend you resize it to something smaller. for those who don't know, Image>Image Size?

- Make selection of all parts of the body, exclude things such as lamps, grilles, vents, windows, and rims.
- if your car has a colour on it, desaturate it (Ctrl + Shift + U)
- On a New layer (with that selection), using gradient tool, pick the rainbow preset, and drag it from one point of the selection to the exact opposite side, (left to right, or top to bottom, etc)
- Set this layer style to Overlay. Now you basically have a rainbow paint job.
- Windows>Animation
- Duplicate your rainbow layer 35 times. This 35 + Original = 36.
- On the first copy, Ctrl + U, change hue to +10.
- On the 2nd copy, Ctrl + U, change hue to +20
- Repeat this pattern of +10 to the previous value.
- When you reach the point where a certain layer will have a +180 Hue, it means you are half way done the whole colour wheel. At this point you may wanna save your progress.
- On the next copy of the rainbow layer, do -170.
- Next, -160, and so on +10 to the previous value.
- Your last hue change should be a -10. After that, any other extra copies unused may be deleted.
- At this point you may want to save your progress.
- on your Animation Palette, duplicate the selected frame (frame 1). the small square button on the bottom of this palette is the duplicate frame button.
- Now that you have 2 frames, select your first frame and hide all the colour layers that come before the original colour layer so that only the first rainbow layer is visible.
- On your second frame, (make sure u clicked it, so you're 'working on it'), hide every colour layer but the 2nd colour layer (should be the 'first copy layer', no?).
- Repeat this pattern; duplicate frame, hide previous colour layer, show next layer. You should be able to roughly see the animation.
- When you finished off the last colour layer, i think you should have 36 layers. After that stop. Save your progress then press the play button. If it looks great, File>Edit in Imageready.
- Imageready will load it, and go ahead and File>Save Optimized AS. Save it somewhere.
-Before you close the program, minimize imageready and go find this new GIF and view it. following these instructions I believe there shouln't be a problem but its rather large file size. If all's good go ahead and close imageready and photoshop (remember you have a PSD saved).
-Go on Imageshack or Photobucket.
-Upload and paste it in this thread.

Take your time i know it looks like a lot but that's why I wrote it in tiny font, so its massive length wont be intimidating or decieving. I go 'Green' when it comes to bandwidth. lol :lol:

No offence but...the cars you've chosen to chop are slightly awkward to try and chop unless you have experience. I've been chopping for about a year, and I'm still no good at chopping those type of cars. IMO, start with some boxy car.

Back