Votes: 164 54.1%
  • DFGT

Votes: 41 13.5%
  • DFP

Votes: 66 21.8%
  • Other

Votes: 32 10.6%

• Total voters
DFGT here- I bought it a couple nights ago, and I think it is a mixed bag. It's loud, it's flimsy and really not worth the $129 I paid for it, IMO. The only car I can drive well with it is the F2007 since it's only 180* lock-lock. I'm sure I just need to practice more with it, since I've been using dual shocks for almost 10 years now.

Maybe I should bring it back and buy up to a G25, or dump the wheel idea and stick with SixAxxis and be done.

DFGT here- I bought it a couple nights ago, and I think it is a mixed bag. It's loud, it's flimsy and really not worth the $129 I paid for it, IMO. The only car I can drive well with it is the F2007 since it's only 180* lock-lock. I'm sure I just need to practice more with it, since I've been using dual shocks for almost 10 years now.

Maybe I should bring it back and buy up to a G25, or dump the wheel idea and stick with SixAxxis and be done.

i think you're using it wrong. you should be able to go 2 1/2 revolutions (900 degrees) lock-to-lock

G25 for me, im using the paddle shifter. Im a little disappointed at how flimsy and tacky the six speed gear lever feels.

^^ Same here. paddels for me for now. Yeah, the H shifter doesn't feel good enough. I'll try to use it for a while when the shifter holder I ordered for my playseat gets here. Overall I love the G25.

I use the DFGT. I can't say I'm a huge fan, the gas peddle feels cheap as all get out, as opposed to the brake pedal which feels really good. It has resistance to it that I appreciate, where you actually have to impose some force on it to compress the pedal, and it decompresses nicely as well. The gas peddle, however, merely resting my foot on it slightly will send it straight to the ground, and since it takes no effort whatsoever, it's far too easy to forget or underestimate just how much you're giving the car at any given time. I just don't like it.

Also, the fact that the wheel will make a full on rotation when you go off road is endlessly annoying, especially when you think about pausing the game, the thing resets itself on its own... ??? Why did you bother moving in the first place if pushing the start button puts it back to the original position?

My biggest peeve comes from one feature that pisses me off to no end. I don't know if it's Logitechs fault, or PD's fault, but having to push the triangle button to reverse drives me absolutely insane. I mean, I'm ready to kill someone when I get punted off the track, so I gather myself, have to reset the wheel because as I stated above, it moves on its own, then awkwardly position my hands to push triangle and hold it while turning the wheel at the same time. What? You mean in this day and age, with a $150 wheel, I'm still pushing the analog buttons to make my car go backwards? Excuse me, I'm sorry, but not being able to shift down from first gear to reverse is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of...

Thats probably your first whee and probably first GT game, all wheels will auto rotate and center thats what force feedback is. Reverse has always been triangle on every GT game.

Ampsarus, you most likely got a lemon wheel and shuold go back and exchange it, everything you described is the exact opposite of what the DFGT is.

I'm using the DFP with my PS3 and PC. I like the wheel, but the pedals are not very good. I really want a G25, but don't have the spare funds atm.

Thats probably your first whee and probably first GT game, all wheels will auto rotate and center thats what force feedback is. Reverse has always been triangle on every GT game.

Ampsarus, you most likely got a lemon wheel and shuold go back and exchange it, everything you described is the exact opposite of what the DFGT is.

You'd be wrong twice. Just because triangle was the reverse on every other GT game, when you're using a wheel, pushing analog buttons sort of defeats the purpose, wouldn't you say?

ive seeb DFPs go for less than 40USD on eBay...

i use a G25, bought for $200 shipped on ebay and it was NEW :) great deal... was about a year ago.

ive seeb DFPs go for less than 40USD on eBay...

i use a G25, bought for $200 shipped on ebay and it was NEW :) great deal... was about a year ago.

I was considering a DFP from ebay but most of the inexpensive ones were refurbished. Plus the shipping was like 50-60 bucks anyway so...

Kudo's to anyone with a G25. They are sweet looking wheels.

i think you're using it wrong. you should be able to go 2 1/2 revolutions (900 degrees) lock-to-lock

Yes, the wheel will go 900* but the F1 cars only turn 180* so one doesn't have to "cross up" or go hand-over-hand with those cars. Even with FFB set to 1, trying to go hand-over hand on an 11 inch wheel without pushing buttons is pretty daunting for me. But then again, I'm a total n00b with wheels and FFb in general. ;)

G25 is awesome, i wouldnt recommend any other wheel, the smell you get from getting it out of the box makes u think you just bought a new car

i use it with my bodgem2000 racing set-up

my.php

my.php

You'd be wrong twice. Just because triangle was the reverse on every other GT game, when you're using a wheel, pushing analog buttons sort of defeats the purpose, wouldn't you say?
I suppose that you know that by going into the Options Menu, that you can change the configuration on your wheel so that you can assign Reverse to something else, perhaps one of the paddle levers, or the stick shift. I've got the DFP, and if I use M/T, I use the paddles. I have reverse assigned to the stick shift.

I suppose that you know that by going into the Options Menu, that you can change the configuration on your wheel so that you can assign Reverse to something else, perhaps one of the paddle levers, or the stick shift. I've got the DFP, and if I use M/T, I use the paddles. I have reverse assigned to the stick shift.

Someone explain to me how I would assign it to the stick while also being able to shift with it. I mean I want to shift from 1 to R down. That would be ideal. I'm not putting it on the paddles, on occasion I use those too.

I went through the options and didn't see it anywhere.

Someone explain to me how I would assign it to the stick while also being able to shift with it. I mean I want to shift from 1 to R down. That would be ideal. I'm not putting it on the paddles, on occasion I use those too.

I went through the options and didn't see it anywhere.
Well, all things in life are not perfect, and I don't believe that it is possible to do what you are asking.

As I indicated, I use the paddles when I am using the Manual Transmission, so that leaves the stick shift lever open for other assignments; in my case, down is for Reverse, and up is for changing the drivers point of view.

@ Ravenmaven

The DFP's on eBay goes for less than that and shipping will not cost 50 bucks. My G25 only cost $25 to ship with the original box. Check eBay and you should see a couple going for $30 + $20 Shipping - then again, those are used or refurbs.

G25 is awesome, i wouldnt recommend any other wheel, the smell you get from getting it out of the box makes u think you just bought a new car

i use it with my bodgem2000 racing set-up

my.php

my.php

If you think that the G25 smell is awesome, you should try the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo wheel! Designed to compete with the G25 as a second option for a three-pedal, H or S shifter, 900 degree rotation wheel set, it comes with a larger wheel diameter than the G25, covered in real leather sewn alongside real 911 steering wheels in Germany.

I am a beta tester for the wheel and, despite some beta issues they're working out, I returned the G25 I had also bought to try out and use the 911 wheel every night. I can't wait for the second gen version to ship to us testers next week to try the improvements- they made many changes from beta test suggestions. It's belt driven unlike the G25 (gear driven), so it's so smooth and the FFB is super-strong if you set it that way.

Do a search here or on the web for more info- there was a thread here in the wheels and cockpits area for the beta test feedback.

If you think that the G25 smell is awesome, you should try the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo wheel! Designed to compete with the G25 as a second option for a three-pedal, H or S shifter, 900 degree rotation wheel set, it comes with a larger wheel diameter than the G25, covered in real leather sewn alongside real 911 steering wheels in Germany.

I am a beta tester for the wheel and, despite some beta issues they're working out, I returned the G25 I had also bought to try out and use the 911 wheel every night. I can't wait for the second gen version to ship to us testers next week to try the improvements- they made many changes from beta test suggestions. It's belt driven unlike the G25 (gear driven), so it's so smooth and the FFB is super-strong if you set it that way.

Do a search here or on the web for more info- there was a thread here in the wheels and cockpits area for the beta test feedback.

I have recently watched some videos of the wheel. It looks absolutely incredible. Right now I am using the DFP but when ever I get my next wheel more than likely thats the wheel I will be purchasing. Isn't it going to be over 300 dollars though?

I just use the old Driving Force Steering wheel. It's good enough for me, with a kid on the way can't justify spending money:dunce:

I have recently watched some videos of the wheel. It looks absolutely incredible. Right now I am using the DFP but when ever I get my next wheel more than likely thats the wheel I will be purchasing. Isn't it going to be over 300 dollars though?
I think list price is/will be about $330 US. But, for me, it made sense even if it was about $75 more than the G25 because it is wireless USB. I don't sit near my PS3 or PC, but this wheel comes with a USB dongle which plugs into PC or PS3 and then communicates via RF to the wheel and pedals. Yes, even the pedals are wireless (pedals can run on battery power, but I connect to the wheel for wired power.)
Wireless USB dongles alone were almost $200 and there is no guarantee a particular brand would work with the G25. For testing the G25 I returned, I used a USB to Cat-5 extender dongle (about $75 I think; I borrowed it.)
The G25 metal pedals were much sturdier than the Fanatec, but the Fanatec wheel was quite a bit better than the G25 for me, so the weaker pedals were a worthy compromise. The second generation are supposed to be much better. Although now that I jammed a piece of foam under the gas pedal to firm it up, and have them securely connected to my Playseats Evo racing chair, I really like the stiff brake feel. The clutch I don't use much but was always the clearest winner with these pedals- it has a two step action much like a real clutch, unlike the G25 (that was the only thing I didn't like about the G25 pedal set.)
Overall I'm very happy with the Fanatec for the PS3. Most of the testers were PC sim guys, so driver issues & updates Fanatec made from their feedback are not part of my review since they don't apply to the PS3. One really nice thing for console users though- the Fanatec has a small LED screen above the wheel and selector where you can go between 180, 360, or 900 degrees rotation, as well as 33, 66, or 100% force feedback, and set other options as well INDEPENDENT of the PS3 game's settings. So for example, with the F2007 (whenever I can finally unlock S7 and S10!), I could go into the wheel settings on the wheel LED screen and set it for 180 degree rotation more appropriate to the F1 car.

I use the DFGT because I couldn't afford the G25. Still a good wheel though.

G25, I've owned numerous wheels in the past but the G25 is in a league of it's own, If you can afford one i highly recommend this wheel ahead of anything else.

Latest Posts

Back