GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
yes, but look at the speed he is turning the wheel, the amount and how he pulls it off. You don't need super fast reflexes that is evident, and the wheel turn speed like you have with a control pad

I haven't been able to pull off a single proper drift with the normal Z in the Time Trial with a DFGT Wheel in many tries. There is massive snap back if you manage to catch it, not fast enough and you spin out or fishtail until you spin out, or just take the foot off the gas completely, but then that isn't drifting right? :)

Drifting isn't rocket science, I've done it numerous times in my humble non power steering rear wheel drive work van. Skinny tyres and no weight out the back helps, especially in the wet :dopey:

Even in the easiest, realistic games to drift - Enthusia and LFS, it's still a fair bit harder. Fish tailing is a common trait

You must get a Logitech G25/7. I can't imagine trying to drive with a controller, let alone drift with one. Full 900 degree steering gives you the "turn resolution" if you will to properly wheel through a drift. But, the hardest part of drifting is the pedal control, no contest. Being able to adjust your throttle during a drift without full on/off (you know, levels of part throttle) is key to hanging on to drifts (especially high speed corners) and continuous reverse drifting. Is this even possible with a controller? I've never tried, but it seems like heel-toe would be impossible and how are you gonna drift without that? Once you get the G25, the key is practice. I've been learning to drift on GT5P for almost a year now and I'm only starting to get the hang of it. Oh, and don't tune your car. Using an OEM vehicle to drift is gonna help you learn more quickly in my opinion. I'm not yet to this level, but after you really get the hang of it, that's when you use a modified car or better yet, modify the car you're using. You have to master the basics, you know. Just so no one flames me, I don't think I'm that great or anything, these are just some of the things I've noticed.

Now to show my n00b, is the 370Z time trial only an online thing (and concept FT86, or is it a new track and car(s) add on for Prologue? I don't have my PS3 hooked up for online as I haven't yet networked my new house. I'm a bit out of the loop. Too much working and not enough driving.

I don't know if I'm off-topic but this is what I made. I hope you'll enjoy it.
planche_apercu_001-c96c8a0373.jpg

You can download the 1920x1080 version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?qdnjuvgddmy

This looks really nice! :drool:
Thanks for sharing your work with us! 👍

from the link above

"Kazunori Yamauchi Gran Turismo Version 5 autographed gift. In addition to Gran Turismo Version 5 to be held in "professional driver" for free with entry to exclusive online event. "

Whats a professional driver event? And why would it cost money?
Could this relate to the premium version?

from the link above

"Kazunori Yamauchi Gran Turismo Version 5 autographed gift. In addition to Gran Turismo Version 5 to be held in "professional driver" for free with entry to exclusive online event. "

Whats a professional driver event? And why would it cost money?
Could this relate to the premium version?

From the original Japanese article, it just mentioned the exclusive online event will only be availble to those "professional drivers" (top 250 drivers in the TT Challenge), as a present. ;)

Spa maybe???💡
That'd be a great present for them! Having a chance to race at Spa in advance to all GT fans around the globe. :D

But I wonder how the exclusive Online Event will be held.. I guess it shouldn't be from Prologue, right? :dopey:
Maybe PD would give them some redeem code to download a special demo from the PS Store for this exclusive Online Event. 💡

Now to show my n00b, is the 370Z time trial only an online thing (and concept FT86, or is it a new track and car(s) add on for Prologue? I don't have my PS3 hooked up for online as I haven't yet networked my new house. I'm a bit out of the loop. Too much working and not enough driving.

The 370 TT at Indy was a free download from the playstation store.
The contest is over and is probably not run online anymore.
I'm not sure as the last time I ran it was before the January 25th deadline.
I don't know if it is still available to download, but I would hope so.
It included a stock 370z, a tuned 370z and the Indianapolis road course.

I don't like waiting, but there isn't really much else I can do. I'll have my Fanatec wheel, setup, etc., by time it does release. Hopefully I'll be able to at least be half decent by then too lol.

The 370 TT at Indy was a free download from the playstation store.
The contest is over and is probably not run online anymore.
I'm not sure as the last time I ran it was before the January 25th deadline.
I don't know if it is still available to download, but I would hope so.
It included a stock 370z, a tuned 370z and the Indianapolis road course.

Could you use the track with any car, or the 370s with any track, or just exclusively?

There was only one track, the Indianapolis road course and one car in two states of tune the 370Z and 370Z Tuned. It wasn't an add on to GT5:P, it was a stand alone demo.

one track, 2 cars. Nothing else. It wasn't a demo, it was a limited period time trial showcasing the physics.

Very sad. We're pathetic. All of us. Cannot find anything to talk about because PD and Sony don't want to ruin any surprises. If anything, they should be hyping us up now! Let us know that we're in for some awesome content!

WRC_Multi_Edit003.jpg

Unfortunately this is not GT5, it's the official WRC game and it will be released it autumn. If GT5 won't be out by then it will be a real shame...

Doesn't look as good as GT5 though...

+1

I couldn't find any other racing games out there with car models more detailed and look more realistic than those in GT5. Maybe there're models having same amount of details as PD's models, namely the Koenigsegg CCX made by another company a while back then (Link), but the car was just a render, which was not from any other games.

I ask myself constantly "Why is it when anyone takes sight to another racing game that's mentioned in the same breath as Gran Turismo the first criticism that rolls off the tongue has something to do with the visuals?"

Latest Posts

Back