You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
Lobini H1

lobini-h1.jpg

It's a targa, fiberglass bodied, mid-mounted audi l4 turbo powered brazilian lame version of the Lotus Elise, but still lovely. :D

180 ponies pushes the tiny massed brat ( 1.025 kilograms) from 0 to 60 in a matter of 6 seconds ( 5,7 claimed ). The build quality is a big letdown, but it still feel great around the corners.

Yeah cool, a track day pocket rocket for the third world isn't it? Not really, ready for the bombshell? E-i-g-h-t-y S-e-v-e-n thousand dollars, that's the price which is far from anything third world'ish. :(

Lobini H1

lobini-h1.jpg

It's a targa, fiberglass bodied, mid-mounted audi l4 turbo powered brazilian lame version of the Lotus Elise, but still lovely. :D

180 ponies pushes the tiny massed brat ( 1.025 kilograms) from 0 to 60 in a matter of 6 seconds ( 5,7 claimed ). The build quality is a big letdown, but it still feel great around the corners.

Yeah cool, a track day pocket rocket for the third world isn't it? Not really, ready for the bombshell? E-i-g-h-t-y S-e-v-e-n thousand dollars, that's the price which is far from anything third world'ish. :(
Do you own one?

:lol: True.
To be honest, I have never heard of Great Wall Motors since I saw an Advert for them recently. They've started to be sold in New Zealand. And all their cars copy some other car. Even had the sales of one of them banned in Europe.
Here's the car that was banned for sales in Europe:
Great_Wall_Peri.jpg

Great Wall Peri... looks like the Fiat Panda, which got it banned...

I actually went to their website... Here

Oh my, do they have a selection there... names like Great Wall Deer, Great Wall CoolBear, Great Wall Cowry, etc...

TIRRITO has come up before here, but not their model "AYRTON s", I believe:

1254068_large2.jpg

=============

Same site: TRAMONTANA LEAL-AUDIRAC (less clear if it is known)

489716_large2.jpg

==============

Ronart Lightning
Large%20Image.jpg

Last edited:
I can't help but adding this one.

MTX TATRA V8 - probably the only Czech supercar.

The design was created before 1989 during communist regime in former Czechoslovakia and about 100 pieces were meant to be produced. Only 4 cars of this type were made in 1992 though.

MTX10.jpg

MTX1.jpg

59444.jpg

t-mtx8.jpg

mtx-f.jpg

Last edited:
I hadn't know about the De Tomaso Longchamp that Cano shared with us. This thing looks pretty badass:

Before Fiat bought Maserati it was owned by De Tomaso and the Longchamp shared its bodywork with the Maserati Kyalami.
The Longchamp was designed first ( and had a Ford V8 ) and De Tomaso decided they could use the same body ( with some stylistic alterations ) and chassis for a new Maserati GT, probably due to finance reasons foremost.
It luckily didn't have a Ford-engine but a Maserati V8 although the Longchamp far outlived this Maserati-variant which only had a short production run whilst the Longchamp was build from the early seventies until the late-eighties.:)

concours-2004-014a.jpg

Do you own one?

:lol:, not by any chance, but I had the opportunity to drive one for 40kms in small country roads (That's what friends are for), it's light and agile and compared to the usual econoboxes we drive around here, feels like a rocket.

Also, If I had 87000 dollars to spend in a car, I would go for a Mustang or an Audi TTS, whose interiors aren't made from plastic and won't need to be fixed at each 2000 kms.

Last edited:
Also, If I had 87000 dollars to spend in a car, I would go for a Mustang or an Audi TTS, whose interiors aren't made from plastic and won't need to be fixed at each 2000 kms.

Umm sorry to break your bubble, but Mustang interiors aren't THAT good... the side panels in the interior feels... like plastic. But the sound system and other interior features make up for it.

Umm sorry to break your bubble, but Mustang interiors aren't THAT good... the side panels in the interior feels... like plastic. But the sound system and other interior features make up for it.

Mustang interiors til the mid 2000s were complete jokes. My 2003 cobra had pretty much the same crap interior as my friend's 1996 v6 stang. Panel gaps the size of canyons and cheap plastic galore.

Oh really? Well then I should be lucky. Like my only problem is that the plastic isn't what I expected. the style is fine everything is fine except for the plastic. it feels dry and hard in the side interior panels. Also, the chrome outline on the shifter isn't held very well. theres only 2 pints at the top part of it causing some little/minute movement. Another thing is that I wish the badge at the back was mire stiff to the body. It again wiggles but very minute.

That Isuzu 4200 concept car revealed recently for GT5 was certainly not something I knew about before.

Alfa Romeu 33 Stradale which is in my opinion the most beautiful car of all time:
alfaromeotipo33stradale01-602x451.jpg

The most expensive car on sale when was released in 1968, only 18 were made (and fewer survive)

Hey guys, you like my new Aud...

2010-SEAT-Exeo-2.jpg

SEAT?!

I saw one not too long ago, looked at it and thought ah, Audi A4...Then looked back and it was a Seat Exeo...:P

JE-DESIGN-Seat-Exeo-3.jpg

that was a pretty smart move from the SIVA (i think that's what it is called) group. I mean, there was nothing wrong with the last gen A4, why not recycle it with a Seat badge? Still a good car, still new, still pretty, and cheaper.
Seat has some good cars now, this exeo and the new ibiza cupra and boca negra. The Leon is also good but looks too much like an egg now...ugly

that was a pretty smart move from the SIVA (i think that's what it is called) group. I mean, there was nothing wrong with the last gen A4, why not recycle it with a Seat badge? Still a good car, still new, still pretty, and cheaper.
Seat has some good cars now, this exeo and the new ibiza cupra and boca negra. The Leon is also good but looks too much like an egg now...ugly

You mean the Volkswagen Group. The SIVA is the portuguese importer of VW, Audi, Skoda, Bentley and Lamborghini (I think that Grupo Entreposto is the SEAT importer).
Everything else is spot on :P

Back