GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amar
While in Course Builder game allows you to test tracks - even those labeled with Kart - with choice of cars, so I believe it will allow it. I haven't actually save any tracks yet, only made few tests of overall possibilities of the CM.

Thanks for answering, that has cheered me up. I like the idea of using a car on some tracks that are more confined than the typical race-track.

no one said negativity is not fine, it is its not going to be perfect, but some are obvioualy saying things just to get a rise out of people, and to make it seem worse then it is.

Criticism is good, blatant negativity for the sake of it? Thats what a lot of you are doing.

People who have progressed further than Amar havent seen much damage. Just some very minor visual stuff and no mechcanical damage at all.

Amar isn't going to find anything before we get the game anyhow.

Pistons in brake calipers do not control braking 'force' in the way you think (clamping force) - the master cylinder does.

Bigger rotors help b/c they're nothing more than a heat sink. Bigger the heat sink, the more heat it can expel. Big calipers with multiple pistons aide in even braking forces and displace more fluid while being heat sinks themselves. As far as braking effort; that can be altered easily by changing brake pads to a higher or lower friction coefficient.

Everything is about heat and keeping it under control. Adding an aftermarket big brake kit is 9 out of 10 times a huge waste of money as most are not designed to work with your master cylinder or proportioning valve. Even worse, many do not even displace more fluid and they weigh a ton.

For track days, the better setup would be dedicated pads/rotors and some sort of air ducting into the rotor hats. Even single piston sliding calipers can work exceptionally well if the correct pads are used and they get some air circulating thru them.

I wasnt saying that the pistons create the brake force, i was saying more pistons help spread the brake force accross the brake pads.

The game could have allowed for upgrading the brake booster and master cylinder.

I have personally upgraded brakes on my personal car with great success, more stopping force, stopping faster, more controlled and in a mich shorter distance - all on the same tyres.

People who have progressed further than Amar havent seen much damage. Just some very minor visual stuff and no mechcanical damage at all.

Amar isn't going to find anything before we get the game anyhow.

People have videos up that say otherwise. Either way, want damage play an arcade game, not a big deal is it? You guys have way unrealistic expectations. No game has all what this one does in 1 package.

Gt5 is not about damage its a racing sim, if you want to fap over damage play an arcade game

And realistic damage being accurately simulated isn't part of a simulation somehow?
Damage for the sake of damage, exaggerated and sensationally displayed might be one of the purposes of an arcade racer but damage is also part of racing and it was promised for GT5 (and is present no doubt).
Visual damage is not just disturbing eye-candy but crucial visual info as well, not just for your own car (as mechanical damage can be noticed) but also for noticing damage of your online-opponents for example to see whether their car is damaged by accident or cheating (cornering using the walls, etc.).
If GT5 is a proper simulation simulating each aspect as truthfully as possible, damage is an important part of realism, not an irrelevant by-product.

And realistic damage being accurately simulated isn't part of a simulation somehow?
Damage for the sake of damage, exaggerated and sensationally displayed might be one of the purposes of an arcade racer but damage is also part of racing and it was promised for GT5 (and is present no doubt).
Visual damage is not just disturbing eye-candy but crucial visual info as well, not just for your own car (as mechanical damage can be noticed) but also for noticing damage of your online-opponents for example to see whether their car is damaged by accident or cheating (cornering using the walls, etc.).
If GT5 is a proper simulation simulating each aspect as truthfully as possible, damage is an important part of realism, not an irrelevant by-product.

No game or gaming system has the ability to perfectly mimic every aspect of total realism, please. Unrealistic expectations. Gt5 would have taken 15 years to make with some of the BS you guys want. 1000 cars alll with total realistic damage? Yeah, maybe get your head out of the clouds.

Really, I would've prefered 200 premium cars, getting DLC packs with cars & tracks, that way, we get a great game with all of it's glory.

Although I would enjoy the game, I feel the standards are like a rushed part of the game, with no care into them (bar the Bugatti).

As a NASCAR fan, I will probably buy that game, but will have to see how realistic it is.

The thing is though, NASCAR Is all they have to worry about in that game, so they can make it spectacular in regards to NASCAR. PD included NASCAR as part of the game. Just like we have a bunch of SuperGT cars in GT5. We don't have a whole schedule dedicated to them, or WRC, or F1. Comparing a game that is built on one genre with a game like GT5 that includes many different genres is, well for lack of a better word, funny.
I totally expect that game to be better than PD's inclusion of NASCAR. It might not, but shouldn't it be better?

BTW, this post was in no way directed towards you specifically, curtis_boy.

Exactly, not hard to understand. Perfectly sums it up.

As a NASCAR fan, I will probably buy that game, but will have to see how realistic it is.

The thing is though, NASCAR Is all they have to worry about in that game, so they can make it spectacular in regards to NASCAR. PD included NASCAR as part of the game. Just like we have a bunch of SuperGT cars in GT5. We don't have a whole schedule dedicated to them, or WRC, or F1. Comparing a game that is built on one genre with a game like GT5 that includes many different genres is, well for lack of a better word, funny.
I totally expect that game to be better than PD's inclusion of NASCAR. It might not, but shouldn't it be better?

BTW, this post was in no way directed towards you specifically, curtis_boy.

dude I understand because thats what I meant as in the Nascar department of gt5 it will compete

Really, I would've prefered 200 premium cars, getting DLC packs with cars & tracks, that way, we get a great game with all of it's glory.

Although I would enjoy the game, I feel the standards are like a rushed part of the game, with no care into them (bar the Bugatti).

You'd rather have 200 premiums instead of 200 premiums and 800 standards? DLC isn't ruled out as it is.

Just want to say great job Amar, this is fantastic! But could you just steer your car into a wall already and take a picture :sly:

@ any guys who have the game ,does adding custom soundtracks drasticly affect glitches and tearing,although I love hearing engine sounds but driving a viper at the ring with GT1 soundtracks is too good to pass :drool:

dude I understand because thats what I meant as in the Nascar department of gt5 it will compete

I know. That's why I said it wasn't directed towards you. :cheers:

I just wanted to get my point out regarding these two games.

Closed for the time being. Cleaning up this mess will take some time.

Oh, thanks for the extra work. Just what we needed right now.

Clean up is taking much longer than I first thought, but Amar wants to update so I'll open this up wait for him to post. I'll will then close it again...

So a question to amar can you add custom soundtracks and be able to listen to your playlist in the game (like in GTPSP)also what songs are in the game(The prolouge songs,the GTHD songs,50ul on display,horse power,etc..)

So a question to amar can you add custom soundtracks and be able to listen to your playlist in the game (like in GTPSP)also what songs are in the game(The prolouge songs,the GTHD songs,50ul on display,horse power,etc..)

He already confirmed that you can. Read the first post. He mentions using custom, empty music files.

Clean up is taking much longer than I first thought, but Amar wants to update so I'll open this up wait for him to post. I'll will then close it again...
Thank god, really is pathetic that once again a great thread is forced to be closed because some members can't discuss in a civil manner :banghead:

Thank you as always Amar for answering my question on the replay length... I wish we could get more dedicated RAM into the PS3, but we will have to wait for the PS4 for really long replay capabilites, I think I will have a HD camera on just incase during the 24 hour races, to make sure you guys and ladies won't miss a beat if something awesome happens.... my goal is to head straight for the 24 hours of Le Mans, then Nurb.. then finish the rest later... I can imagine I may doing quite a few 24 hour races if my PS3's will let me...
:bowdown: much appreciation again Amar.. good luck on update #6... maybe the frogs can now add comment as well, as I see they are getting their copies now, 3 days ahead of plan.. US was originally supposed to be Tuedsay the 23rd...

Thank you as always Amar for answering my question on the replay length... I wish we could get more dedicated RAM into the PS3, but we will have to wait for the PS4 for really long replay capabilites, I think I will have a HD camera on just incase during the 24 hour races, to make sure you guys and ladies won't miss a beat if something awesome happens.... my goal is to head straight for the 24 hours of Le Mans, then Nurb.. then finish the rest later... I can imagine I may doing quite a few 24 hour races if my PS3's will let me...
:bowdown: much appreciation again Amar.. good luck on update #6... maybe the frogs can now add comment as well, as I see they are getting their copies now, 3 days ahead of plan.. US was originally supposed to be Tuedsay the 23rd...

You probably can't do endurance races at the start, just like GT4. You have to earn a certain level most likely.

You'd rather have 200 premiums instead of 200 premiums and 800 standards? DLC isn't ruled out as it is.

As I said, yes because the standards just look like cars to make up the numbers. The premiums are the ones PD have focused on really.
But let's not go off-topic or this'll get locked again.

He already confirmed that you can. Read the first post. He mentions using custom, empty music files.

I think I didn't write this correctly I meant using the ingame playlist (songs already on the game)and the custom soundtracks together.

Amar if your taking requests can you clear something up for me please, Im dying to know if in a mid-engined car (Ferrari F430) etc can we can actually see the engine moving about on its mountings when its idling or when under acceleration and braking and revving the engine etc thanks

I just wanted to get this in before it gets locked again.I gotta get in the bed for 8 hours for 3rd shift,so that's the reason.

Hey Amar one question.

Can the Standard cars post times to the Leaderboards?I was just curious about this as i'm big into hotlapping/tuning.

Thanks in advance.

Amar, when you play with a wheel, pause the game and hit "select" does it do something? In GT4 it changed a part of the display, speedo/tach in bumper cam, g-force in chase, for a DFP wheel.

Thank you Amar.

You making me more unpatient waiting for Wednesday.

See you on the track.... behind me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back